Should the AFL sell sponsorship of the footy's again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WEST COAST
Found out not long ago that McDonalds has pulled out of the sponsorship of the footy's, so no more big M on the side of the football. Anyway, do you think that the AFL should find another sponsor, or just leave the football without any logo's but the ones it already has, without the M. Whats your opinion.

I don't think it matters much. if it doesn't affect the flight of the football, who cares. As long as it retaisn it's "red" Sherrin look, then fine.

Well, it is a pretty big revenue, McDonalds puled out because reportedly (only reportedly) the contract for sponsorship was 5m dollars. Now that is pretty steep for a small picture on the footy that when in flight and on the field is pretty hard to see, unless you know it is there.

I reckon this we be a good idea for the AFL:
On the footballs, they should have the name of one AFL Hall of Fame Legend. So one one ball, they might have Coventry written on the side, on another they might have Coleman etc,.
Then for the Grand Final, they could have the name of all 14 members.

------------------
For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

i think its a great idea, everyone knows its there, its on training balls, its on match balls, its on tv, newspapers etc

and 5m if that is true is a lot of money to be pumped into the games
especially if it gets split 16 ways between the clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back