Current Slasher Murders of Four University of Idaho Students - US *Bryan Kohberger Arrested

Profile the Killer

• One offender

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Two or more offenders

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Gender male

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Gender female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gender male and female

• Age under 30yo

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Fellow student/s

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Known to one or more victims

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Unknown to victims

• Motive rage

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Motive thrill

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Motive lust

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Motive financial gain

• Motive attention seeking

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Motive revenge

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • One single primary target

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Females were the targets

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • All were targets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Short summary. Defence are also talking about BK having a possible alibi. I’m assuming a non-human alibi like cctv?

Attachments

• IMG_7939.jpeg
    IMG_7939.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 53
And then there’s a potential issue with the familial dna they got as presumably they never got BK’s Dad’s permission.

Attachments

• IMG_7940.jpeg
    IMG_7940.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 55

Yes, this.

As nothing came up on CODIS they used the civilian websites (not sure which one returned the match to the Dad).

I think the defence is fishing here, they're looking for a way to exclude the DNA tracking via open source genealogy on a technicality. They want to know which site/s were mined for the information and if they had the right permissions as some sites claim they don't share with law enforcement and others give the option.

And then there’s a potential issue with the familial dna they got as presumably they never got BK’s Dad’s permission.
Sorry, I didn't read your attachment before commenting - but it doesn't change the legality. They never entered Kohlberger's fathers DNA into any geneology database. The suspect sheath DNA was matched against the geneology database and there was a hit to a specific family tree (someone in that family line who uploaded their data ticked the box that allowed it to be used in criminal investigations) - that process identified members of the Kohlberger family and process of elimination, identified Brian Kohlberger as a potential suspect. They then used trash left out from his parents house to confirm that a person at that resident was the father of their sheath DNA. Then they arrested Kolberger, got his DNA and matched it directly to the sheath DNA.

I think the defence is fishing here, they're looking for a way to exclude the DNA tracking via open source genealogy on a technicality. They want to know which site/s were mined for the information and if they had the right permissions as some sites claim they don't share with law enforcement and others give the option.
Definitely fishing. If the genealogy site doesn't provide access to law enforcement, they can't search. If they do provide access, I would think the genealogy sites would only make available those profiles that have ticked the box. If they do otherwise, there goes their business. Seems like a completely wasted effort on part of the defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely fishing. If the genealogy site doesn't provide access to law enforcement, they can't search. If they do provide access, I would think the genealogy sites would only make available those profiles that have ticked the box. If they do otherwise, there goes their business. Seems like a completely wasted effort on part of the defense.

Investigators have in the past, been known to upload the DNA profiles of unidentified suspects in to the databases by assigning them with a false identity. I don't think this is what happened but it won't stop the defence from trying to find a way to exclude the results.

Investigators have in the past, been known to upload the DNA profiles of unidentified suspects in to the databases by assigning them with a false identity. I don't think this is what happened but it won't stop the defence from trying to find a way to exclude the results.
Ok, fair enough.

So was there actual DNA of 3 men on the sheath or was it only BK’s?

According to the documents Kurve linked, only BK's on the sheath, with the others found 'in the house'.

Given it was allegedly a bit of a party house, in a college town full of young people, I don't think otherwise unidentified DNA in the house would be all that surprising.

According to the documents Kurve linked, only BK's on the sheath, with the others found 'in the house'.

Given it was allegedly a bit of a party house, in a college town full of young people, I don't think otherwise unidentified DNA in the house would be all that surprising.

No one was on a glove found outside.

Sorry yes, 4 x Male DNA then;

BK on the sheath
2 x Other male inside the house
1 x Male on a glove outside the house

Other DNA seems insignificant given as you’ve said, party house.

Play on, BK in Barney rubble

Other DNA seems insignificant given as you’ve said, party house.

Play on, BK in Barney rubble

Im wondering if the other male dna is unknown male dna.

In other words they’ve established the dna of the boyfriends, friends, visitors, food delivery guys but haven’t been able to identify these two sources of the dna.

Because it was a party house Id be expecting a lot more than just two mens dna to be in that house.

Im wondering if the other male dna is unknown male dna.

In other words they’ve established the dna of the boyfriends, friends, visitors, food delivery guys but haven’t been able to identify these two sources of the dna.

Because it was a party house Id be expecting a lot more than just two mens dna to be in that house.

I assumed this was just the unidentified one, since we know there's at least one male living in the house who would have had DNA present

Back