Current Slasher Murders of Four University of Idaho Students - US *Bryan Kohberger Arrested

Profile the Killer

• One offender

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Two or more offenders

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Gender male

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Gender female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gender male and female

• Age under 30yo

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Fellow student/s

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Known to one or more victims

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Unknown to victims

• Motive rage

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Motive thrill

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Motive lust

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Motive financial gain

• Motive attention seeking

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Motive revenge

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • One single primary target

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Females were the targets

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • All were targets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Im wondering if the other male dna is unknown male dna.

In other words they’ve established the dna of the boyfriends, friends, visitors, food delivery guys but haven’t been able to identify these two sources of the dna.

Because it was a party house Id be expecting a lot more than just two mens dna to be in that house.

I imagine there would be a lot of DNA in the house, but testing has to be targeted. For large objects, forensics will just test specific areas where DNA might be likely. There isn't a spray like luminol that lights up where there may be DNA around the room. [Actually, apparently there IS, but it seems to be in a trial phase and not likely available to law enforcement yet]

No doubt he was wearing gloves. If he put them on before leaving his car, it's possible his own DNA was transferred to his glove from the steering wheel or car door handle and then from his glove to the sheath snap.

I imagine there would be a lot of DNA in the house, but testing has to be targeted. For large objects, forensics will just test specific areas where DNA might be likely. There isn't a spray like luminol that lights up where there may be DNA around the room. [Actually, apparently there IS, but it seems to be in a trial phase and not likely available to law enforcement yet]

No doubt he was wearing gloves. If he put them on before leaving his car, it's possible his own DNA was transferred to his glove from the steering wheel or car door handle and then from his glove to the sheath snap.

Thank you for that explanation, that makes much more sense!

Kohberger's alibi deadline has passed, inklings are that he has not provided one but I suppose we'll likely know more by later on tonight.

Can they make an accusation like that without evidence?

Not sure over there.

If the DNA on the sheath was analysed and matched after they raided his house and the rubbish bins, they might be able to propose that the cops either put it there or there was a mix up in the lab but I don't know the sequence. I would have assumed forensic testing on the knife sheath was a first priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure over there.

If the DNA on the sheath was analysed and matched after they raided his house and the rubbish bins, they might be able to propose that the cops either put it there or there was a mix up in the lab but I don't know the sequence. I would have assumed forensic testing on the knife sheath was a first priority.

It was before. The DNA sample the investigators took from the sheath was what allowed them to conduct the genealogy match via the father through the ancestral database they accessed.

The defence is going to have a hard time trying to argue that sample was somehow cross-contaminated before they raided his house or collected samples from their rubbish.

couldn't see if this was posted anywhere but this is a reasonably good podcast on killings. Scary as hell.

I still don't get why it took 8 hours for the housemate to call the cops

It was a college sharehouse. One girl had no idea that something happened , the other heard someone crying and saw a guy with a mask walk past her but she wasn't to know what had happened. She was young and naive and may off thought it was just drunk college people .

The four heads running in the background of that cop bodycam still doesn't sit right with me.

Came from the exact direction of the house.

Curious if the cops found out who they were and what they were up to. They should have or the defence might take a run at trying to place them at or near the scene, muddying the waters.

It was a college sharehouse. One girl had no idea that something happened , the other heard someone crying and saw a guy with a mask walk past her but she wasn't to know what had happened. She was young and naive and may off thought it was just drunk college people .

If you listen to the podcast she absolutely shat herself when she saw the masked intruder, so its hard to argue that she couldnt put two and two together to understand something was up.

I’m not suggesting she had anything to do with it, just querying why it took so long to call the cops.

If you listen to the podcast she absolutely shat herself when she saw the masked intruder, so its hard to argue that she couldnt put two and two together to understand something was up.

I’m not suggesting she had anything to do with it, just querying why it took so long to call the cops.
Can you please specify the name of the podcast again ?
The link, a few posts back doesn't work for me,
I don't have an apple device, (Android only) and I usually access podcasts via spotify. thanks in advance, sir loin / whoever can help.

Can you please specify the name of the podcast again ?
The link, a few posts back doesn't work for me,
I don't have an apple device, (Android only) and I usually access podcasts via spotify. thanks in advance, sir loin / whoever can help.

It's called The King Road Killings by ABC.

You don't need an Apple device to listen.

It's called The King Road Killings by ABC.

You don't need an Apple device to listen.
Thanks ,yes I know, but nearly everyone on these forums links the podcasts and in the link I can read the word Applepodcast , and those links never works if your on an Android smartphone, it's less common to see a spotify link on here, I feel like I am a low level poster with inferior device sorry, I have a complex about it, obviously

Back