Media Snipers in the Sweet FA shrubbery

Remove this Banner Ad

In these chilly evenings I flip the hard to open latch and go for a short trundle through the streets of the Sweet FA.

My trundles are short and Slim Jim pushes my cart
behind every bush I expect to hear the bullet that shreds
My frayed liver or worse my jagged heart.

I see other citizens and grizzled denizens
They shout warnings and early mournings

There be Snipers about old Horrie and Kennedy Parker
he be everywhere

Then behind a shrub, a Hydrangea but hey they were everywhere,
Poked a rifle I believe is owned by I Dont Care

bang bang

... and so it goes. I reckon there are dozens of snipers lurking in the pleasant Sweet FA shubbery.

For me snipers are masters of the counter punch. They sweat on NaturalDisaster to do what he does best. They have bazookas when the little TJASTA terapin pokes his head out.

Who are the best snipers in the joint?

Please list your 1-3 favourite snipers and reasons - not compulsory of course. The winner gets a kevlar vest.

osTt9F1.png

1. Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid
I could have said the old, weird guy from Snake Eater, or Quiet from Phantom Pain for two particular, unforgettable reasons, but Sniper Wolf was the original Metal Gear Solid sniper boss, and it's still my favourite. The music is right out of Bad Boys too, I love it.

2. American Sniper
Clint Eastwood's 21st Century reflection of the same themes present in his 1992 classic, Unforgiven (re: how embedded violence is in the average American psyche). Lots of sniper stuff in this one.

3. Mike Bossy
The greatest pure goalscorer in NHL history.

Mobbs - maybe not a known sniper but when he picks up his rifle and lets loose it's always a confirmed kill.

brahj - deadeye. Nuff said.

MWPP - again, not a known sniper but she has let off a few rounds at me and a few others that were impressive considering the poster she is known as. If it was in her nature and she focussed solely on being a sniper I reckon she could challenge the big boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

miggs - he has no equal. I'm pretty sure he owns a Ghillie suit which he loans to juggs every second weekend.

Blacky - could probably be at miggs' level if he didn't have the burden of being a moderator obscuring his sight lines. The flip side to this is he knows everything you've tried to delete and your IP address.

boncer34 - used to be so good at it that they gave him admin. The league was probably a better place for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back