Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
History says itll probably be a very long time before we get another chance like that. Crushing how many goals we gifted them. Pendles lowered his colours
You'll be there abouts again next year mate.

Hey Mike, perhaps it's the standard protocol to sanction such things, but I'm happy to let it be. Troll liking is a fairly weak weapon of choice, and for myself I don't mind if opposition supporters announce themselves as weak types by using it.

No problems, it’s a message to the known bigfooty trolls who flagrantly use it

Not at all. You guys were brilliant and with a young talented list I would be surprised if you don’t win a big one in the next couple years. You should be proud of your season, especially with the injuries during the Home and away. De goey, Cox in a few moments, Langdon, Stephenson had huge moments that show a future. You didn’t get the chocolates but that’s no reflection on you guys. Eagles have just been clutch lately and both teams should be damn proud.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When you are up 28pts in the first qtr you should win. Also should win if you kick first 2 goals of the final qtr.

With our injured talls and our recent poor seasons it’s a remarkable effort. But at the same time a missed opportunity. Disappointed with Pendles and Steele, but amazed by how Langdon and Mayne played, except when Langdon should’ve rushed that behind.

Not at all. You guys were brilliant and with a young talented list I would be surprised if you don’t win a big one in the next couple years. You should be proud of your season, especially with the injuries during the Home and away. De goey, Cox in a few moments, Langdon, Stephenson had huge moments that show a future. You didn’t get the chocolates but that’s no reflection on you guys. Eagles have just been clutch lately and both teams should be damn proud.

If your team was up by 29 points, and lost. Is it a choke or not?

Don’t beat around the bush. It is, what it is.

If your team was up by 29 points, and lost. Is it a choke or not?

Don’t beat around the bush. It is, what it is.

Ok you don't have too.

I never insulted anyone by the way, I criticised a player based on the game.

We don't stand up when it matters, our grand final win/loss numbers will tell you that.
I have seen or listened to everyone since 66, to young for 64; l agree our win/lose ratio is terrible, and as upset as l am l can understand why we lose, and it’s never because of one or two players,

Langdon, Grundy and Mayne were huge... Mayne also had 14 tackles. Aish and Greenwood were poor. Goldy was a step-and-a-half behind all day. Greenwood 25% DE. Mihocek battled hard but continually kicked it to McGovern. Cox was very good for the last 1/4 and a half. Midfield lowered their colors again which contributed to the I50 barrage by the Eagles. We were a second forward tall short (Mihocek is not a second tall) and a tall short down back. Great effort Pies....unfortunately...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bad luck guys ...pies were stiff...west coast were very good....few umpire decisions i didnt like...maynard being blocked and stevo having the runner block his mark and west coast goaled....should of been made a ball up........you guys had a great year and you should hold your heads up high.....you will be tough to beat for years to come......cheers

Tell Stepho he's a gun. :thumbsu:

Yes, but unfortunately he made the same mistake he always does, kicks across centre in the back half and gets intercepted and costs us a goal. He is not a great kick, as much as he may think he is.
As good as he was on the day, he continually does it and it continually hurts us.
Thought he used the ball tremendously today, except for thag obvious one thag cost us a goal.

I thought the umpiring was good. Some went our way and went twent their way. Didn’t affect the result.

Great season by the Pies and plenty to look forward to next year.

I thought Simpson had the better of Buckley today.

We were killed in the air; always going to be our Achilles heal.

Dunn was our most important out. Not just because of his size, but also his experience.

Stiff to lose the game in the last 2 mins. Could have gone either way.

Eagles the better team in the end.

We had many good players, however, I though Chris Mayne was exceptional today.

Who are we awarding the Neon Leon best (non)appearance in a Grand Final Award to...?

(I find a bit of self-deprecating humour takes the sting out of this heartbreaking disappointment and stops us turning on each other)

I vote Pendles, middle into the fourth where he just stood there with his hands on his hips not even 1m from him and just watched Darling run in to take an uncontested intercept mark...I know he’s been not well and probably has viral tachycardia or something cos they keep playing him but sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back