Soaking it all up again!

Remove this Banner Ad

I always longed to be able to do this (watch our grand final win), like my other mates could. Yesterday I was looking for a Christmas present for my Hawthorn supporting brother. I thought their 'three-peat' Dvd would be good, and then I thought, who'd want to watch those boring grand finals? We have been blessed with an epic, to watch and re watch.

Yea, this finals series is like an awesome movie with 3 sequels that just keep getting better. It's like Rocky or Star Wars or the Bourne Identity.
The stand out game for me will always be the GWS prelim. I just absolutely love that game so much.
Bonti's after match interview with Cameron Ling is fantastic as well. That kid just summed up everything so well.

Yea, this finals series is like an awesome movie with 3 sequels that just keep getting better. It's like Rocky or Star Wars or the Bourne Identity.
The stand out game for me will always be the GWS prelim. I just absolutely love that game so much.
Bonti's after match interview with Cameron Ling is fantastic as well. That kid just summed up everything so well.
The thing I find amazing about the prelim replays is even though I've seen it now a number of times it's still so tense. Definitely a game for the ages and something our supporters will always cherish.

Wait until friends come around or go to their place with the DVD. It's great to share and discuss. Both with other Bulldog fans and those who aren't, but just love their footy. But don't watch it with those jealous, bitter, whinging types, life's too short.

I'm addicted to the whole Preliminary Final. Whereas I'm only addicted to the last quarter of the Grand Final.
It's strange isn't it. The prelim we all seemed to enjoy more. And I know personally emotionally I was a wreck during the prelim. But the grand final, which unlike the prelim I was lucky enough to attend, I was calm and for some reason I just assumed we would win. So I didn't react to the premiership with rapturous joy like I always assumed I would. Obviously though it means shitloads to me because I've spent the last two months watch replays, octocalls etc etc and tearing up multiple times. The whole week it just felt like it was always going to be our day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I find amazing about the prelim replays is even though I've seen it now a number of times it's still so tense. Definitely a game for the ages and something our supporters will always cherish.
Just a magical game... Goddamit whenever I think of it I get tingles up my spine.
I will never ever get sick of watching it.

It's strange isn't it. The prelim we all seemed to enjoy more. And I know personally emotionally I was a wreck during the prelim. But the grand final, which unlike the prelim I was lucky enough to attend, I was calm and for some reason I just assumed we would win. So I didn't react to the premiership with rapturous joy like I always assumed I would. Obviously though it means shitloads to me because I've spent the last two months watch replays, octocalls etc etc and tearing up multiple times. The whole week it just felt like it was always going to be our day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Had the same experience Mingo. Very strange!

It's interesting how you keep picking little things up each time you watch these games. Today's tidbit in the second q of the GF Tim Watsons special comment;

"I've never witnessed such noise"

I thought Clay was massive too. Two important goals when we were on the brink of being blown away and that one-handed pickup into an off-balance spear pass to Stringer was just an insane play.
Clay was massive the whole series. His tackling pressure is insane

3rd Q GF Buddy is 30m out dribbles it with 2 players between him and the goals Bruce "it's a clever, clever kick"

Actually no those two players in between him and the goals got in the way.

Bruce continues "Gee he thought that out well Buddy, he did everything he could to will that ball home"

No he f*cken didn't!

Interesting also in the octocalls how there were so many differences in the way commentators saw the play. For instance in the Caleb goal passage, some wanted Hunter pinged for holding the ball or incorrect disposal while others said in the back (paid, I believe). Most of them except Richo missed Libba's extraction. In the JJ to Bonti passage, some couldn't keep up with what was transpiring and overlooked Matty Boyd's contribution while others highlighted it (Brayshaw wanted a free against Dunkley for holding the ball, yeah right).

I was just reading this thread and looked up to see Fox playing the Wil Anderson spray with all the highlights.
Wow! I slo-moed some of the slo-mo to soak it all up again.
But I admit that last night I re-watched 7's aftermath of the game, and looked down to see I was wearing the T-shirt with Mark Knight's depiction of the victorious Dogs as seen to your left.
The night before it was a replay of the 360 grand final show..
The night before .. wait .. is there something wrong with me?

This Xmas feels different.

It's more relaxing, presents are trivial as I've already had the best gift possible, seasons greetings remind me of footy season and santa has been replaced by the little man with funky hair that comes with his own particular bag of tricks.

I'm going to fully rock every single bit of Bulldogs gear I've got at every opportunity to remind all and sundry that 2016 was the best year, it was our year. We ******* earned it!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back