Soft Frees Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
If you are talking about soft frees you obviously didn't see the absolute shockers Rioli and Lloyd got right in front of goal on Saturday night (and of course, that cost us the game! :D

Not to mention friday night's game between North and Carlton. I've never heard Carlton supporters go crazier at the umps than on Friday night. Lucky we won I guess.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
If you are talking about soft frees you obviously didn't see the absolute shockers Rioli and Lloyd got right in front of goal on Saturday night (and of course, that cost us the game! :D

Lloyd's first was a shocker, especially considering the one they didn't pay later on. Rioli's was technically correct, but as the commentators said, he obviously agreed it was soft as he missed :D :D The others I didn't have any problems with, though the one to Pev you were stiff as it only happened becuase the ump couldn't bounce it properly.

Grendel, mate I can understand you being pissed at the umps, if they'd pinged Crawford after Rama ran him down (what drugs was Healey on suggesting it could be "argued" he disposed of it???), or Rama for the ensuing throw then he (Crawf) wouldn't have been injured! Bloody Maggots!

You guys are getting off topic!

Hey Dave, Blues2001 and GOALden Hawk, you are off topic.

BIG DADDY clearly intended this thread to be about Adelaide being soft, and it is not supposed to be about umpires at all. :rolleyes:

Get with the program fellas. :D

Originally posted by BIG DADDY
How soft were those free kicks that the Crows got on Saturday night

And what was the 50m penalty for

And why wasn't Jars pinged for holding the ball

Looks like another soft ride into the finals for Adelaide

Go and have another look at the tape....If Brisbane were paid soft frees, be sure to let me know.....

You wouldnt know a soft ride if it bit you on the arsk:p :p :p

And Er...Go Crows:p

Originally posted by Dave

Lloyd's first was a shocker, especially considering the one they didn't pay later on. Rioli's was technically correct, but as the commentators said, he obviously agreed it was soft as he missed :D :D The others I didn't have any problems with, though the one to Pev you were stiff as it only happened becuase the ump couldn't bounce it properly.

Grendel, mate I can understand you being pissed at the umps, if they'd pinged Crawford after Rama ran him down (what drugs was Healey on suggesting it could be "argued" he disposed of it???), or Rama for the ensuing throw then he (Crawf) wouldn't have been injured! Bloody Maggots!

Dave ole son, just so long as your first shout at the bar, then we can both bag them (maggots) for as long as it takes to call 'time'!!

Re the Crawf injury, just one of those unfortunates that happen. Im just glad it wasnt a 'reco' that was needed.

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Grendel, sounds good to me. Will have to have an ale or three (or four or five...) at the cricketers (or anywhere else, doesn't really matter) one of these days.

And yeah, it was good to see Crawford wont be out too long.

Nice work in the Lloyd thread too btw, got a few ;)

Was anyone listening to Sport's Today on 3AW last night!

Healy (the idiot) said that Damien Hardwick sould have been reported and had a free kick against for causing Crawford's injury. Hang on a second...i've seen the tape several times and Hardwick grabbed a hold of Crawford after he took possession of the ball on the ground fair enough. Actually...i take that back...Healy said that it was a free kick whilst a caller rang up and said that Hardwick should have been reported. Foolish me.

Either way...if was just one of those freak things. If you wanted to be pedantic...you could say that thsi would have never happened if Adam Ramanauskas was awarded a free kick for running down Crawford in the first place.

Let's just blame the umpire ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back