Song Contest Part XI, Host: Loonerty, Theme: 2010s Hip-Hop, Votes Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nom accepted.

Don't think I'll win or even get a podium but it should do better than my last nom did.

Also I won my first ever contest, something only two other people have done.

Also I hope you're in JackNah_8 - your songs are always great. That Arctic monkeys song you nommed was a ripper!

Just what this song contest needs, more Arctic Monkeys.

I've been knocked down to second place by the last set of votes twice now.

If you all listen hard enough you'll hear my screams.

Second place is the best place if you don't like hosting but I guess you're one of those oddballs that actually likes it.

Won't be going early as I'll be watching repeats of Brooklyn Nine Nine 'til 7:30.
Speedy recovery.
All the best MWPP

I'm in

Nomination made
In. Sorry, you're all playing for second.

All the best to my favourite contestant MWPP
Hope everything goes ok! :)
❤️ Thanks ^^ ❤️
Feeling much better today (now that anaesthetic has completely worn off/the nausea has gone , and the pain’s under control)
Hoping to be discharged around lunchtime/ once the surgeon has been around :)

Last edited:

Nom accepted.

Don't think I'll win or even get a podium but it should do better than my last nom did.

Second place is the best place if you don't like hosting but I guess you're one of those oddballs that actually likes it.

I can't actually remember the last time AM got nominated. Everyone's too scared.

Nom accepted.

I love hosting
I wonder if people who claim that they don’t like hosting are exaggerating , because hosting duties are so rarely handballed
I wonder how many people have actually hosted more times than they have won ?
(Aside from NaturalDisaster and por_please_ya who both immediately come to mind )

Nom accepted.

I just want a badge so I can retire mate.

I'm in with a virgin band, no thought of winning. Props for the theme, very hard to think of a decent song that isn't a cheese-fest (Bed of Roses, etc.)
I was tempted to nom a bluegrass cover, but ended up going with something else which may be seen by some as being cheesy.
I love hosting
I wonder if people who claim that they don’t like hosting are exaggerating , because hosting duties are so rarely handballed
(Aside from NaturalDisaster and por_please_ya who both immediately come to mind )
I have (courtesy of the Four Elements round when Smeggy was unable to host).

I love hosting

I like being able to choose a theme but having to post up the noms and results sucks along with the abuse you cop for being too slow, making mistakes etc.

I just want a badge so I can retire mate.

How many more wins do you need for a badge? If NaturalDisaster got one before you it would be pretty embarrassing.

I like being able to choose a theme but having to post up the noms and results sucks along with the abuse you cop for being too slow, making mistakes etc.
The next time you win, pick a theme but please handball the actual hosting then
I and I’m sure many others would love to host .

How many more wins do you need for a badge? If NaturalDisaster got one before you it would be pretty embarrassing.

3 sadly.

I love hosting

<---- not exaggerating (see previously mentioned birthday cake analogy)

<---- not exaggerating (see previously mentioned birthday cake analogy)
If you’re referring to this
I tried that once

Didn't work

Fortunately

ETA

My thoughts on winning the SC...

It would be the equivalent of having to cut and serve your own birthday cake
I don’t have an issue with doing that either , so I guess the analogy works for me
Interesting that MEB_ liked your post but has hosted when she has won anyway
Maybe it was more of an amused like ?
Will be waiting to see if Agent93 and vanders host or handball when they get their breakthrough win .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love hosting
I've hosted three or four times without a win in addition to the times I did win.

I don’t have an issue with doing that either , so I guess the analogy works for me
Will be waiting to see if Agent93 and vanders host or handball when they get their breakthrough win .

I would host but I don't ever expect to win. My music taste seems to be pretty different to most people here.

How many more wins do you need for a badge? If @NaturalDisaster got one before you it would be pretty embarrassing.
Being abused, heckled and called #worshostever, and telling everyone to get stuffed is the best part of hosting.
I've given off hosting rights twice, not because I didn't like it but to give nufties like NaturalDisaster who couldn't nom their way out of a wet paper bag a go.
It's been a long time since I won but my pencil and paper is always on standby.

I would host but I don't ever expect to win. My music taste seems to be pretty different to most people here.
We're the oddities. Not huge fans of the populars styles in the contest, but not huge fans of each others, so we'll never get enough votes to win because some campaigner will always whore a Russell Morris song to beat out a 14 minute face-melting guitar solo.

Pity like

Interesting you called Ace of Spades a whore nomination but not this.
People didn't Billy Back on the Chain Gang because it was a whore though :p

Both the gold and bronze were clear whores though yeah.

Also I won my first ever contest, something only two other people have done.

Also I hope you're in JackNah_8 - your songs are always great. That Arctic monkeys song you nommed was a ripper!

OES ,ive decided to play this round. Song submitted

I don't think I want to hear another AM song for awhile ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back