Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya Theme: Wordle, Noms Due: Thursday 9:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

OK here's the theme.

Yesterday Triple J's younger but more mature sibling Double J turned 10, so we're going with something about the youf radio network. Give me a song that has featured on Triple J's Like A Version segment. To clarify, I want the actual cover that was performed on Triple J, not the original song or another cover of that song.

Here's a list of all songs that have featured:

Here's their YouTube playlist (it apparently has over 1400 videos):

Don't care if it's been been nominated before or if it's podiumed before or if it's won before or if it's this side of round 450 or not. If it's from Like A Version it counts. Artist double ups are fine, just can't nom a song that has already been nommed this round.

Noms due by 10pm tomorrow Vicbias time and/or when the foopy's finished.

OK here's the theme.

Yesterday Triple J's younger but more mature sibling Double J turned 10, so we're going with something about the youf radio network. Give me a song that has featured on Triple J's Like A Version segment. To clarify, I want the actual cover that was performed on Triple J, not the original song or another cover of that song.

Don't care if it's been been nominated before or if it's podiumed before or if it's won before or if it's this side of round 450 or not. If it's from Like A Version it counts. Artist double ups are fine, just can't nom a song that has already been nommed this round.

Easy

I expected Ula to give this votes, but you?

In another rock focussed round I went for the song which felt like it had more emotion and depth to it.

BOTES

5:
Agnes Obel - "Fuel To Fire" TubbsFarquhar
4: Amarante - "Light In The Darkness" myblueroan
3: Parannoul - "북극성" Ocha905
2: Anathema - "Sunlight" Riviat
1: Doves - "Black And White Town" Tonga Bob

BM: Lana Del Rey feat. Father John Misty - "Let The Light In" sorry nommer, just didn't connect with it at all Son of Purple aka Purple7x08_24

HM: Between The Buried And Me - had some epic moments!

BOTES

5:
Agnes Obel - "Fuel To Fire" TubbsFarquhar
4: Amarante - "Light In The Darkness" myblueroan
3: Parannoul - "북극성" Ocha905
2: Anathema - "Sunlight" Riviat
1: Doves - "Black And White Town" Tonga Bob

BM: Lana Del Rey feat. Father John Misty - "Let The Light In" sorry nommer, just didn't connect with it at all Son of Purple aka Purple7x08_24

HM: Between The Buried And Me - had some epic moments!
Ok, I'm guess I'm going to have to give the kid the bad news.

Bad News Wtf GIF by Catastrophe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do I have to root around here to get my SC badge now that I've racked up five (5) wins?

5) Cloud Nothings
4) Josh Pyke
3) Hilight Tribe
2) Anathema
1) Supergrass

B) Brenda Russell - nothing wrong with it but it made me a bit sleepy

#SongContestResults
Coming in 18th with 4 votes and 1 Billy is: The Velvet Underground - Beginning to see the Light, as nominated by StokeyVotes [B,4]
Coming in 17th with 6 votes and 1 Billy is: Lesley Gore - Sunshine, Lollypops and Rainbows, as nominated by @Fossie32Votes [1,B,3,1,1]
Coming in 16th with 7 votes and 0 Billys is: Pink Floyd - Let there be more Light, as nominated by DinsdaleVotes [5,1,1]
Coming in 15th with 9 votes and 1 Billy is: Josh Pyke - The Lighthouse Song, as nominated by por_please_yaVotes [B,4,4,1]
Coming in 14th with 11 votes and 6 Billys is: Between the Buried and Me - White Walls, as nominated by NaturalDisasterVotes [B,B,B,1,B,1,1,B,3,5,B]

NaturalDisaster will be sporting this light and dark av for his Billy win
View attachment 1976278
comedy central GIF by Workaholics

OK here's the theme.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Nothing against you mate. Most regulars here would know my thoughts on covers rounds and Like a Version noms in general.

And as you bring it up. Yes I am still hurting.
whats your favourite cover?

Nothing against you mate. Most regulars here would know my thoughts on covers rounds and Like a Version noms in general.

And as you bring it up. Yes I am still hurting.
Ah well, better chance for me then.

And I’ve been impressed with your training since being managed, so the rest must have worked a treat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back