Streaming Squid Game Discussion Thread - SPOILERS INSIDE

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine of them is...

player 001 being genuinely scared during the purge night and the staff immediately coming in once he said he was frightened for his life
that makes sense. i mean, if he was killed the whole show and event is f'd

i really enjoyed the character development of the north korean girl.
Was introduced in the show as a pick-pocketing bitch who left 456 naked on the road after he helped untie her. She didnt trust anyone or try to befriend anyone and had a permanent resting bitch face on. Then towards the end of the series, she pleaded for the younger girl not to throw her life away with the marble, she helped 456 remember the first glass tile to jump to when he had a brain fart, and finally she told 456 not to kill the smarty pants falling to sleep because it was not in 456's nature to kill people in cold blood.

I wish they didnt kill north korean girl with broken glass to the abdomen. She deserved better.

Last edited:

Watched it in Korean with English subs. Tried the English dub but couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was

Great show, even if a few of the "twists" were fairly easy to pick up in the moments/minutes in the lead up to the reveals.

They will obviously go back to the well for a Season 2 of some kind, I just hope the go for a prequel/spin-off instead of a continuation of the story (which is rare, I hate prequels but given 1) that the majority of the cast are dead 2) Gi-Hun doesn't really have anything left to give and can't even team up with the brother to get justice etc. and 3) there is still so much unknown about the history of the games and how they recruit the workers etc. I think a prequel or spin-off of #001s backstory would be a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also lol at people mad at

Ali's death.

He was insanely naive and over trusting of Sang-Woo it was his entire schtick. He was obviously going to end up dying either sacrificing himself for him, or being duped by him. The nonsensical explanation by SangWoo of the plan obviously stamped his papers

The VIPs were just annoying and probably the worst acting/ dialogue I have ever witnessed.
Just awful. I wonder if that's how non-English speakers come across in western films to people from the place they're representing.
Horrible acting and dialogue.
Absolutely loved it. Even the darl, who doesn't really like "Foreign" Stuff Loved it. Had to watch it dubbed (bit cringey, but could look past it as was invested in the story), which was unfortunate, she cant read and watch at the same time :rolleyes: lol.
Picked something was up with the old guy early. In Red light/Green light, he's smilling as he's running through the whole time, other games he is enjoying too much.
In Marbles too, there was 30 left, then when the games over, there was only 17 left in it. unless one pair couldn't work out a winner so they both died, but that would have been good to see for added drama.
Wasn't a fan of the ending, I get with a bit of Korean CInema its not always happily ever after. But felt like this could have been a good 1 and done and didn't need a second season. Definitely see the Cop not being dead after being shot in the shoulder.
There weren't 30 left before marbles... there was an odd number which is why Han Mi-Nyeo got left out.

Just awful. I wonder if that's how non-English speakers come across in western films to people from the place they're representing.
Horrible acting and dialogue.

There weren't 30 left before marbles... there was an odd number which is why Han Mi-Nyeo got left out.
They sounded like shitty background voice actors in a video game.

Also lol at people mad at

Ali's death.

He was insanely naive and over trusting of Sang-Woo it was his entire schtick. He was obviously going to end up dying either sacrificing himself for him, or being duped by him. The nonsensical explanation by SangWoo of the plan obviously stamped his papers
I hated that death so much as
anybody that stupid wouldn't have survived to his age without being hit by a car taking a bath with a TV.

First the whole stupid spiel once sang-woo's down to one marble. I think if nobody wins all the marbles, they'll put us as a team against another pair that didn't manage to finish their game in 10 minutes. Has Ali not being watching every other game? If you're not done with the game in the time allotted, you're done, permanently. There's no second chance team editions.

Then Ali going to look for other not finished and Sang-Woo pulls the don't take your marbles around your neck, someone will steal them, give them to me to keep safe spiel. * me. Even the group of 8 teens that split up in a haunted house while there's a killer loose are smarter than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
They sounded like shitty background voice actors in a video game.
So I tried watching the first episode of Squid Games with my parents and after 10 minutes we turned it off because the dubs were horrific, and ill avoid subtitles if i can because when youre reading them you miss little things like expressions on actors faces, little clues, etc. Anyway second time trying to watch the show and i just focused on the characters eyes and was able to see pass the terrible dub.

So I tried watching the first episode of Squid Games with my parents and after 10 minutes we turned it off because the dubs were horrific, and ill avoid subtitles if i can because when youre reading them you miss little things like expressions on actors faces, little clues, etc. Anyway second time trying to watch the show and i just focused on the characters eyes and was able to see pass the terrible dub.
I think the dubbing was actually decent, each to their own though I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hated that death so much as
anybody that stupid wouldn't have survived to his age without being hit by a car taking a bath with a TV.

First the whole stupid spiel once sang-woo's down to one marble. I think if nobody wins all the marbles, they'll put us as a team against another pair that didn't manage to finish their game in 10 minutes. Has Ali not being watching every other game? If you're not done with the game in the time allotted, you're done, permanently. There's no second chance team editions.

Then Ali going to look for other not finished and Sang-Woo pulls the don't take your marbles around your neck, someone will steal them, give them to me to keep safe spiel. fu** me. Even the group of 8 teens that split up in a haunted house while there's a killer loose are smarter than that.
Just wondering when I can discuss without it being put in spoiler tags by others? The shows been out almost a month and the title says spoilers inside.

Just wondering when I can discuss without it being put in spoiler tags by others? The shows been out almost a month and the title says spoilers inside.
Just put spoiler tags on. It’s easy.

Couple of things

Cho Sang-woo killed himself because he thought 456 would mess things up and nobody would get the money. He had to get his mum the money to redeem himself in his own eyes.

There was one point where 456 could have easily run and tapped the squid’s head. NFI why he didn’t. Was he still hoping to convince Sangwoo to vote to end the game?

Nothing really stood out as a horrendous plot hole or unexplained behavior.

Actually some small issues I have:
It feels like a lot got introduced which was never revisited? There wasn't that much to the backstory of Sae-byeok and Deok-su after the first episode. Sae-byeok goes into the vents once, sees they're making the honeycomb but then there is not anything more to that. They zoom in on the bolt being loose, but it never comes up again. I'm sure there's more as well.

A great concept very well executed. The outcome was slightly predictable because of the focus on the main characters but each game was a surprise. Agree with Kirby about the OTT nature of Korean acting sometimes. The set design was amazing. The ending was clearly a set up for a second season.

It made me think of the games we played when we were kids. Red Light, Green Light was called 'M.I.L.K. spells milk'.

Last edited:
I think San-Whoo was the best character on the show... his slow descent into villain was a thing of beauty. You could see it all early on.

First game was by far the best. The shock factor too.

I just think if some of the games didn't work out how they did, they wouldn't have had 2 players in the final (eg. what if most people chose the umbrella and died? or if in the glass game s**t hit the fan and people forgot the path or whatever).

Last episode was utter shite but it's forgiven because the episodes before that were amazing.

Aussie version would just be a 456 person game of foursquare/downball.

My only markup at the end-
When 456 got off the train at Incheon Airport, he saw the guy playing the game across the platform behind glass and then takes the call before getting on the plane.

I feel a better ending would have been to not have the above and have 456 get on the plane, lands in a city like New York (daughter in the US) and see's an American version of a similar game being played on another platform - complete with the slapping and handing over the card.

It would open them up to a "Squid Game International" series franchise and give them significantly greater opportunities for what the next inevitable series could do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back