Saints News St Kilda FC: Governance Thread - Board and Committee

Remove this Banner Ad

I took a punt on providing an opinion. Unfortunately I wasn't welcomed. My actually identity was questioned, then my English.
I am sure there are good and tolerant people, amongst Saint supporters here, and I wish them well.
Don't worry about the English police on here , there are a few that love taking shots when someone rights somfing wrong

I took a punt on providing an opinion. Unfortunately I wasn't welcomed. My actually identity was questioned, then my English.
I am sure there are good and tolerant people, amongst Saint supporters here, and I wish them well.
Ignore them. I share my opinion even if no one agrees. Doesn’t bother me. If everyone said the same thing it would be boring.

ATTENTION MEMBERS:

NOTICE OF 2022 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)

St Kilda Football Club will be holding its 2022 AGM as a hybrid meeting this year.

Date: Monday 19 December
Time: 6.30PM

Agenda
  • Official welcome
  • CEO’s address
  • President’s address
  • Ordinary business:
    • Receive and consider the financial and related reports
    • Election of Directors
    • General business
  • Question time
  • Video addresses from players and coaches
JOIN EVENT

To register your intention to attend in-person and submit a question, click here.

To register your intention to attend online and submit a question, click here.

For those electing to join online, the link to join will be available via saints.com.au/agm

I’ve never understood what members want or expect of a club. I’m a life member of one club and a member of the saints. Unless I join the board of either I’m just supporting and donating. As a life member of one club I don’t have to pay membership but I do because I’m a supporter. Don’t like the people who make decisions? Simple. Find a way to get involved otherwise support with money or yelling or leave the club and stop getting upset with decisions.

NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited
A.C.N. 005 174 836

Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited (the “Company”) will be held by way of a meeting on Monday 18th December 2023 at 6:30pm at RSEA Park, 32-60 Linton Street, Moorabbin, to conduct the following business:

Ordinary Business

1. Financial and related reports - To receive and consider the annual financial report of the Company and the reports of the Directors and of the Auditor for the year ended 31 October 2023.

2. Election of Directors – To elect 3 Directors of the Company – In accordance with Article 10.2A of the Company’s Constitution:

(a) Mr. Andrew Bassat will retire by rotation and, being eligible, will offer himself for re-election for a further term; and

(b) Mr. Russell Caplan will retire by rotation and, being eligible, will offer himself for re-election for a further term; and

(c) Mr. Jack Rush will retire by rotation and being eligible, will offer himself for re-election for a further term; and

Please note that there will be 3 vacancies on the Board to be filled and the only nominations received in accordance with the Company’s Constitution were those of Mr. Bassat, Mr. Caplan, and Mr. Rush. In accordance with Article 12.2(c) of the Company’s Constitution, as the number of candidates nominated does not exceed the number of vacancies, Mr. Bassat, Mr. Caplan, and Mr. Rush will be deemed to have been duly re-elected and will be declared duly re-elected at the Annual General Meeting.

By order of the Board.

Benjamin Daley
Secretary
24 November 2023

NOTES

1. Annual Financial Report
- The Annual Report (including auditor’s report and directors’ report) will be accessible at www.saints.com.au under: Policies and Reports. In addition, members may choose to receive free-of-charge the report electronically (email or fax) or in hard copy. If you wish to be sent a copy, please email reception@saints.com.au or telephone (03) 9967 4388 during normal business hours.

I’ve never understood what members want or expect of a club. I’m a life member of one club and a member of the saints. Unless I join the board of either I’m just supporting and donating. As a life member of one club I don’t have to pay membership but I do because I’m a supporter. Don’t like the people who make decisions? Simple. Find a way to get involved otherwise support with money or yelling or leave the club and stop getting upset with decisions.
Careful now you’ll bring up the job ad again

Does anyone know what happened to our constitution when we signed over control of the club to the AFL during the Pandemic to become one of the "assisted" clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a sense we were in terms of budget distribution to clubs however the club along with I think 11 others signed over full control to the AFL during the Pandemic.

No club did, it would require ratification because;

GWS, GCS, Swans, Crows, Port - the AFL commission can largely be "80% of your board directors are these guys, you guys can pick the other 20%".

Literally everyone else - has 100% control over whomever their directors are at all times and their compositions.

For clubs to sign over control to that AFL entity, they could not ratify such a decision at board level without member input on any privately listed club. Would not, happen when there are other options available.

As the clubs are, whether private, WAFL, AFL oriented, are members of the AFL as far as overall governance is considered, this is why the AFLPA exists in essence, as they represent the employees of the member clubs much like a union would again the holistic entity that is their employer: both club and AFL Commission.

So instead, and why NSW was chosen originally for example when you consider where the AFL have their fingers and why it's not Western Australia since they brought money in, instead of getting bought out, it would have been via an agreement of members (clubs) to do what ended up happening during the pandemic.

As an aside, it's also why the components react so harshly when they are questioned by any entity, as it's akin to your boss calling you stupid and telling the world that cares all about it. And the umpires don't want to be full part of that because of that sort of BS politicking, so they half and half and the AFL can't just force a full integration, it would need to also be an agreement by members and ratified by committee.

Mind this is really only in the AFL era, the VFL era we of course had things like the Narau gov funding the Roys and then going "we're calling this debt" to kill their license, or the Bears being the sacrifice since Skase was a shifty individual and bled them to have what we have in the now with mostly private limited entities on bought licenses from "back in the day".

No club did, it would require ratification because;

GWS, GCS, Swans, Crows, Port - the AFL commission can largely be "80% of your board directors are these guys, you guys can pick the other 20%".

Literally everyone else - has 100% control over whomever their directors are at all times and their compositions.

For clubs to sign over control to that AFL entity, they could not ratify such a decision at board level without member input on any privately listed club. Would not, happen when there are other options available.

As the clubs are, whether private, WAFL, AFL oriented, are members of the AFL as far as overall governance is considered, this is why the AFLPA exists in essence, as they represent the employees of the member clubs much like a union would again the holistic entity that is their employer: both club and AFL Commission.

So instead, and why NSW was chosen originally for example when you consider where the AFL have their fingers and why it's not Western Australia since they brought money in, instead of getting bought out, it would have been via an agreement of members (clubs) to do what ended up happening during the pandemic.

As an aside, it's also why the components react so harshly when they are questioned by any entity, as it's akin to your boss calling you stupid and telling the world that cares all about it. And the umpires don't want to be full part of that because of that sort of BS politicking, so they half and half and the AFL can't just force a full integration, it would need to also be an agreement by members and ratified by committee.

Mind this is really only in the AFL era, the VFL era we of course had things like the Narau gov funding the Roys and then going "we're calling this debt" to kill their license, or the Bears being the sacrifice since Skase was a shifty individual and bled them to have what we have in the now with mostly private limited entities on bought licenses from "back in the day".
What was the last revision of the constitution you read?

What was the last revision of the constitution you read?

You first for your emphatic claim that we signed over rights during the pandemic years without holding any sort of meeting, notice, vote to do so.

You are the one stating that non transferable rights of members got transferred unreservedly and without notice. Surely for such a bold claim you would have the documentation to support it?

You first for your emphatic claim that we signed over rights during the pandemic years without holding any sort of meeting, notice, vote to do so.

You are the one stating that non transferable rights of members got transferred unreservedly and without notice. Surely for such a bold claim you would have the documentation to support it?
So you haven't seen it either. That's the question I'm asking. It's OK to say you haven't and don't understand something. I'm asking questions to so I can learn.
It's a very secretive document, why.

So you haven't seen it either. That's the question I'm asking. It's OK to say you haven't and don't understand something. I'm asking questions to so I can learn.
It's kept with the secret documents that reveal the untold millions that have been killed by COVID vaccines.

Just so you are aware, OP has a direct link to a 2018 version if you need the bridge notes.
Secondly, CBA got renegotiated last year between AFL and AFLPA.
Thirdly, as per our constitution, you can request an up to date copy via the secretary at any given time.

The secretary is a wonderful person FYI.

Just so you are aware, OP has a direct link to a 2018 version if you need the bridge notes.
Secondly, CBA got renegotiated last year between AFL and AFLPA.
Thirdly, as per our constitution, you can request an up to date copy via the secretary at any given time.

The secretary is a wonderful person FYI.

Yes aware of that, the question was seeking responses from anyone that was familiar with the current amendment of the constitution, specifically any changes that might have been made since the 2018 amendments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back