Review St Kilda v North Melbourne Rd 2 2018 Bad Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

All that time Bruce was in the ruck yesterday and he only managed 1 hit out. Even old Waitey was beating him.

Acres had 2 hitouts from way less ruck contests.

We have reached the deadline. Time to make some tough calls.

Got to say, Bruce's only attribute in the ruck is the fact he attends it. Nothing more.

It’s a loss but in the context of our progress a massive loss not your run of the mill losses, I think it’s time the club head honchos came out & gave some answers this result is damaging to the club.

It’s time they came out & started some damage control otherwise the club may lose some long & loyal supporters & members I wait there response.
Maybe we could crank up a petitiin thread seeking a formal response from the Club

******* joke of a performance which is perfectly reflective of our joke of a coach.
How in gods name did Richo get a TWO YEAR EXTENSION?!??

Injured or not, can someone please explain to me what Billy Longer offers to the team?

I’d love to see us swing the axe for the Adelaide game.

Newnes, Sinclair, Longer, Brown, Clark, Stevens, Steele all ******* pathetic and should be in the VFL on the back of that s**t they dished up yesterday.

Well he is that it is only Round 2.

Using that as a defence after yesterday though doesnt cut it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s just an excuse for a poor performance & using it three times (that I counted) in the one interview comes across as lacking accountability. I hope he’s not telling the players it’s only round 2

All that time Bruce was in the ruck yesterday and he only managed 1 hit out. Even old Waitey was beating him.

Acres had 2 hitouts from way less ruck contests.

We have reached the deadline. Time to make some tough calls.
Yeah but he had about 600% more possessions, about 300% more tackles and had an infinite more clearances than Longer.

Its a better call than dropping McCartin.

Drop Webster and bring in White who can hit targets at least 50% of the time - a gain.

Drop McCartin and replace him with a one gamer - no gain.

I'd be happy to never see Paddy play another game until he kicks bags of goals three weeks in a row at VFL level. His confidence is shot and he's a liability.

My mates dad bought a Saab convertible in the early 2000s, it was an absolute lemon and while in warranty it went through heaps of dealer patch ups and even an engine, the warranty ran out and it sat in his front yard immobile for ten years because he couldn't let go of the huge investment he'd made in it. Eventually he paid a wrecker to come and drag it away flat tyres and all. I think Paddy might be a Saab.

I just tuned into SEN for Richardson's spot. I listened because I was furious. Yesterday's performance was insipid, and I don't use the word lightly. It's as bad as I have felt since the Grand Final losses. The retirement of Riewoldt and Montagna left me with a disconnect...I just didn't feel the connectedness to the club and it's players that I have since I started following footy. But the move back to Moorabbin and the early draw against the Lions and North gave us the ability to build momentum. It gave us HOPE. And the loss (and the nature of that loss) had eliminated hope.

But in a weird way, Richardson's anger made me feel less angry.

Some take aways:

- we had 40 turnovers in defensive half. Our worst EVER recorded.

- Richardson (supported by Geary) Called players into the club this morning. It was meant to be a day off.

- Richardson said he was angry. He said we didn't do the work. He rarely questions effort and I'm glad he was so critical.

- he said 'there are losses and there are losses'

No attempt to praise effort but bemoan skill. No attempt to protect players. No attempt to look for positives. No attempt to talk up opposition. He has acknowledged how pathetic that performance was and he has grilled them both privately (in that meeting) and publicly (rare for Richardson).

Is it too early to call it a crisis meeting? I actually don't think so. I was at that game and North wanted it more, they worked harder, we looked disinterested.

The true challenge is how we respond to 'crisis'. This sounds crazy but Adelaide have been hit by injuries and had their grand final of sorts the other night. We should come out breathing fire. I wouldn't be surprised...

And that's hope. There's always a bloody glimmer. And it always forces me to trudge along every week hoping that this will be the game, this will be the year.

I'd be happy to never see Paddy play another game until he kicks bags of goals three weeks in a row at VFL level. His confidence is shot and he's a liability.

My mates dad bought a Saab convertible in the early 2000s, it was an absolute lemon and while in warranty it went through heaps of dealer patch ups and even an engine, the warranty ran out and it sat in his front yard immobile for ten years because he couldn't let go of the huge investment he'd made in it. Eventually he paid a wrecker to come and drag it away flat tyres and all. I think Paddy might be a Saab.

It’s gonna be hard for the lad to make it. He wasn’t gifted with athleticism, speed, agility, etc & even know he has a large frame he is yet to display that he can use it. He pretty much a big cuddly bear that doesn’t look suited to contact sport. Maybe he can take up lawn bowls?

******* joke of a performance which is perfectly reflective of our joke of a coach.
How in gods name did Richo get a TWO YEAR EXTENSION?!??

Injured or not, can someone please explain to me what Billy Longer offers to the team?

I’d love to see us swing the axe for the Adelaide game.

Newnes, Sinclair, Longer, Brown, Clark, Stevens, Steele all ******* pathetic and should be in the VFL on the back of that s**t they dished up yesterday.
Tbf to Steele and Sinclair they're both being played completely out of position. Steele is an inside mid - so play him there. Sinclair is statistically one of the best two wingers in the game - so ******* well play him there.
Clark I would excuse being only his second game and he's one of the last players I would get stuck into, in fact I wouldn't at all. Happy for him to develop in the VFL for a bit if that's what he needs.

Longer would struggle in the development league, Stevens didn't want to be out there and clearly has other priorities away from football with how disinterested he is and Newnes was his same old vanilla self. Never gets any better, if anything has regressed in the last two years. Would be happy to see him spend a month at Sandringham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still gutted today, unfortunately.

My action plan:
- Players made to read this thread from page 1
- IN: Dunstan, Weller, Coffield, Marshall
- OUT: Armo, Stevens, Long, Longer
- Would like to see White in too and unsure who Brown is keeping out
- Steele into the guts, Sincs to the wing
- Directive to absolutely smash in next week and force a win in contested ball
- Back themselves in and not play ‘safe’ football
- Make Paddy watch Hawkins game in 2011 grand final, need his confidence up

Exactly Richo moved a statistically elite wingman in Sinclair and a promising clearance winning mid in Steele, neither one has fired so far this year.​

I don't think Sinclair is elite though, it's a statistical anomaly. He's too slow for a wing. He should play as a rover but that's a sign of poor list management. We have too many of the same type for too few roles. Steele is a great tackler but he's not that great at anything else. I heard Blight say tackling is a stupid stat because you are better to have guy who wins the ball than holds up his man. We have lots of the same player and none are any good at it.They all suit a depth inside midfield role but we don't have a Tom mitchell or Crouch type. All ours are 4th to 5th best mid types. Steven the exception.

Acres has actually pushed Sinclair out from the wing.

Sorry for the intrusion Sainters, hope this goes down ok.

Couple of points for an impartial viewer.

1: McCartin. I think you are being a little bit harsh on him. Sure he didn't have a great game, but he didn't get great service. At least he worked hard when he didn't have the footy. The thing the kid needs is continuity. He may make it he may not, but he's been unlucky with injuries and now that he is fit he simply has to play every week IMO. Dropping him now won't help his development.

2: whilst it was a terrible game from the saints I think you are hurting more due to potentially unrealistic expectations for this year. Personally I think you have overachieved a little in the last couple of years in a very even competition and that has conditioned you to believe that finals were a sure thing this year. I still think you are rebuilding, all be it, towards the end of it (vs North that are nearer the start). Come the end of the year I think you will probably miss the 8, but as long as the year is used to keep developing the kids then it won't be a wasted year.

Sorry if this is inappropriate

I think playing Armo in the middle is a progressively damaging thing for us to do. IMO he's not offering us a lot and his output will only decrease. He also throws the balance out of whack IE Steele on a flank. It's Steele, OR Armo, not both. Sinclair needs to run through the guts too (amongst others) but that's not gonna happen with Alan's Boy Scouts in there 24/7.

In other words I reckon Armo is cooked and we're much better turning our attention towards the future - now.

Armo looks cooked.. He won't be in our midfield at our next tilt.. Play the kids!!

Still gutted today, unfortunately.

My action plan:
- Players made to read this thread from page 1
- IN: Dunstan, Weller, Coffield, Marshall
- OUT: Armo, Stevens, Long, Longer
- Would like to see White in too and unsure who Brown is keeping out
- Steele into the guts, Sincs to the wing
- Directive to absolutely smash in next week and force a win in contested ball
- Back themselves in and not play ‘safe’ football
- Make Paddy watch Hawkins game in 2011 grand final, need his confidence up

I would have Paddy out for Battle or Marshall, he's not going to get better by being slaughtered. If we play like yesterday we will lose by a record margin. I reckon the injured Crows would have beat us by 400+ points. North should have been 10 goals up in the first quarter.

I wish they had enough players to drop the whole team. Move the campaigners back to Seaford and bring Riewoldt back to tell them all to heck off. Thank heck Rooey's gone apparently his offensive conduct held them all back because feelings and s**t.

I’ve been one of Paddy’s biggest supporters and have always been one to back him and say give him time but heck me dead he is really testing me at the moment. Same goes for a lot of the guys running around, so bitterly disappointed with what was dished up yesterday, honestly can’t remember a more frustrating shitful game to watch in the last ten years.

We need a full review, a deep and harsh one, starting with Richo because I’m not sure what the hell he has been doing the past 8 months but we look to have taken significant steps backwards from even last season where we were off the pace to start with.

Listening to SEN rn....pretty clear Richo has NFI. Bloke keeps saying it’s only round 2
Heard the 2nd half of it

We are in dangerous territory here. I don't think he fully appreciated the amount of damage that was inflicted on the supporter base yesterday.

Tbh he's very comfortable. Speaking like a bloke who knows he's untouchable. Very very comfortable.

Strap in for 3 very rough seasons. Finish anywhere between 14 and 9.

Concerned for these talented young players we've been recruiting. They have the ability and skill yet it's getting coached out of them.
They need to play now and play the way they want to play, not trying to stick to a s**t game plan which doesn't work for them.

We may cop some big losses but they just might start enjoying their footy again, getting some cohesion and develop good qualities if they are in their right position playing their game style. And since we are copping big losses anyway...

FB: Geary, Clav/brown, White
HB: Savage, Carlisle, Coffield
C: Sinclair, Steele, Acres
HF: Billings, Battle, Clark
FF: Membrey, McCartin, Gresham

F: Marshall, Steven, Dunstan.

INT: Ross, Paton, Langlands, armo

EMG: Rice, Roberton, Austin, Goddard

Might seem harsh on some players but it's time to make a statement. Ruck department is absolute shithouse so might as well just try and get some mobility around the ground. Find out if anyone else is capable of being a back up ruck like McCartin, Austin, Goddard because they can't possibly be worse than Bruce. If they aren't fit enough well they better get there quick.

OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back