Movie Star Wars: Episode VIII (No VIII Spoilers Allowed, thread contains TFA spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

They'll use CGI and facial whatever it is in Episode 8 for her (like what Fast and Furious did with Paul Walker). Honestly I think she will be killed off either at the end of Episode 8 or they'll CGI her into Episode 9 for a bit and kill her off in there maybe along with Luke.

I've not seen any spoilers for this film (nor do I want to) but I have to wonder what Carrie Fisher's death will mean for the sequel trilogy.

I would have assumed that, after Han' death in TFA, Leia's role may well have expanded in VIII. But to kill off two thirds of the OT's main characters in successive films would be ghastly.

How is it remotely ghastly? Their characters are old people for *'s sake.

Let me rephrase for your benefit. I had hopes the sequel trilogy wouldn't simply be a vessel with which to kill off the original trio (so by Episode IX, we're focusing almost completely on the new cast). That Luke and Leia (who, despite your suggestion, aren't particularly old) could have conceivably made it out of Episode IX alive seemed reasonable to me. Obviously now, that needs to change.

Let me rephrase for your benefit. I had hopes the sequel trilogy wouldn't simply be a vessel with which to kill off the original trio (so by Episode IX, we're focusing almost completely on the new cast). That Luke and Leia (who, despite your suggestion, aren't particularly old) could have conceivably made it out of Episode IX alive seemed reasonable to me. Obviously now, that needs to change.

I agree with you. There was something inherent within me that wanted them all to survive. Obviously Han dying was the most likely, given its been on the cards for over 30 years.

But one thing I was hoping the sequel trilogy would explore was Leia, potentially as a Jedi. In theory, she is as powerful as Luke, and as he said in Episode 6, one day she will learn to use her powers as he has.

Aside from moments where she senses things in the force (such as Han dying in TFA), we've been seen anything. In fact it was essentially ignored in TFA, of whether she pursued her powers in the force during the 30 year gap.

Perhaps this is on the cards for Episode 8. Supposedly she has a larger role, but her fate unfortunately is pretty much sealed whether it be in Episode 8 or 9.

It's seems episode 8 will continue from the end of TFA which i find interesting.
I would have thought it obvious. They couldn't leave Rey and Luke on the Island without any continuity.

But yes this has ESB all over it

Edit: I made a mistake with the time tag.

Last edited:
I would have thought it obvious. They couldn't leave Rey and Luke on the Island without any continuity.

But yes this has ESB all over it

Edit: I made a mistake with the time tag.

And episode 9 ROTJ? I really hope they are not doing rehashes of the original trilogy. TFA I can understand but episodes 8,9 should be totally different while still staying connected to the Star Wars time line.

I wonder who breaks the silence first.

Maybe it's Chewie, who wanders up there after hours of waiting at the Falcon and growls the equivalent of "are either of you going to say anything??"

Maybe it's Chewie, who wanders up there after hours of waiting at the Falcon and growls the equivalent of "are either of you going to say anything??"

Reckon Luke first. will ask Rey where she got the lightsaber from and then in the next scene Rey will explain what has happened over a cup of Jawa juice and how Leia wants him to come home.

Last edited:
Reckon Luke first. will ask Rey where she got the lightsaber from and then in the next scene Rey will explain what has happened over a cup of Jawa juice and how Leia wants him to come home.

Don't be silly, Luke only drinks blue milk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It''l be Luke with a silent Jedi fart, Rey will scrunch for face up.

Hope Leia dies in this movie. She was pretty boring in the last movie. Easy way to make Kylo Ren more of a bad guy too by having him knock off mum in the first act.

Too soon, man.

I hope Luke explains why he had to retreat to the island. After saving the galaxy as a young trainee Jedi then again as he became a Jedi. He fulfilled all expectations and some, as a Jedi knight. But as his nephew went bad and turned to the dark side he didn't have the skills yet to be a true Jedi Master. A solid period of isolation (as both Obe Wan and Yoda did) will train his mind to be the wise Jedi Master that all the young hot headed youth need. I think the new movies need Luke to remain for a long time. I would even consider keeping Leia if she was going to remain but for untimely death, with another actor. Star Wars need these wise heads.

If the movie starts where 7 left off, the hell will the opening crawl be?

"luke and rey have been staring each other down for 5 hours after she interrupted him having a piss off a cliff. However what Luke doesn't realise is that his fly is still undone......"
Honestly I think after the opening crawl it will go to the First Order's home planet or main fleet then it will cut to Luke and Rey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back