Multiplat Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Remove this Banner Ad

They dropped the ball on the light saber collectables for me. The light saber parts could have easily been more RPG like and affected speed, power, force drain or replenish a little to make it more worth while. Instead you could barely see it in game anyway and instead we get 20 different shithouse ponchos to wear. These could have been Ob1 robes, Good & Dark Luke Costumes, all sorts of stuff. Cal isn't even Mexican.

I see what you mean but personally I'm glad they didn't cram it full of too much RPG elements or references. More original costume variety would've been cool though.

They dropped the ball on the light saber collectables for me. The light saber parts could have easily been more RPG like and affected speed, power, force drain or replenish a little to make it more worth while. Instead you could barely see it in game anyway and instead we get 20 different shithouse ponchos to wear. These could have been Ob1 robes, Good & Dark Luke Costumes, all sorts of stuff. Cal isn't even Mexican.

That is my only real gripe about the game too. If they're going for an accessible Souls-lite then it needed some sort of stats. It only has to be small, like if you want to min/max pure melee, force, or be a tank. The talents you get aren't real game changers, they're mostly quality of life or very situational. I lost interest in modding my light sabre for the exact same reason. The ponchos are daggy too.

Besides that I'm actually really impressed with the game. On the standard difficulty there is enough of a challenge that you can't get away with just blindly hacking and the world is fun to explore and open up.

A big positive is it's an EA published title that isn't on Frostbite. G'day BioWare.

Completed it last night. Really enjoyed it from start to finish.

Could have used a little more polish, I had a few crashes during my playthrough, but overall I was very impressed.

Loved the level design. Grew to enjoy the combat - despite not being a huge fan of Souls. Loved how authentically Star Wars the game felt across the board.

8/10.

In a non-spoilery way, is the completion percentage shown when you view your save game a total completion including collectables thing (like Wolfenstein where you finish at like 60-70% rather than Uncharted where you finish at 100%)?

Mine was showing 46% last night before I started but from discussions with a workmate about where I'm up to it feels like I'm more than halfway through.

I wore a poncho for about 5 minutes then ****ed it right off. They look stupid. Great call on the lightsaber parts actually making a difference too.

Just finished.

After early frustrations, I really enjoyed it in the end. Given when it's set I wondered how the story was going to go but they did a great job with it. Obviously left open for a sequel where hopefully we find out their fate before A New Hope. Thought the Vader cameo was done well, showed how powerful he is in comparison.

Didn't really have many issues in terms of polish. No crashes, only very occasional brief freezes and twice where I glitched through the map.

Probably my GotY, though there's not much competition.

Just a few small trophies to get for platinum now.

Just finished
I cleaned up the remaining trophies for the platinum this afternoon. Tried doing as much as i could without help but i would never have found some of those collectibles without it, same as some of the combat trophies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be my hardware but I'm getting a lot of glitches in PC. Since the latest update it's been really laggy and freezing in simple moments like climbing up a wall or something like that. The battle with the security droid was hilarious - it bugged out so the droid just stood there whilst I slashed over and over again. Now I'm stuck in that room and can't get out

I cleaned up the remaining trophies for the platinum this afternoon. Tried doing as much as i could without help but i would never have found some of those collectibles without it, same as some of the combat trophies.
Got the platinum on Saturday night. A couple of those combat ones are a little annoying - kick a goat that's kicked you, kill someone with only kicks, kill 3 jerks in 1 lightsaber throw, kill 25 jerks with super slow. Fortunately, for the databanks one you only need Cordova's journey. I had missed one and needed to look up where it was. Pretty easy game to platinum though.

Final boss battle you can cheat win it pretty easy.

Go through door, stay close to the door and use force push on Trila. Trilla will come running over, stay near the door and beat on her. When your low on stims, go back to the meditation point, rest. Open door and she's still at the same health when you left.

Final boss battle you can cheat win it pretty easy.

Go through door, stay close to the door and use force push on Trila. Trilla will come running over, stay near the door and beat on her. When your low on stims, go back to the meditation point, rest. Open door and she's still at the same health when you left.

I did it properly, much more satisfying.

Finished last night, was fantastic. Favourite game in years.

It's kinda strange that they let you go to Dathomir so early, you can't really do a whole lot. Getting the double bladed sabre early is about it, but you can still get it by returning to Bogano after getting push, so it's not a whole lot earlier.
I think returning to Bogano with the push ability is actually supposed to be the correct way to get the double bladed saber. Kashyyyk and Dathomir kind of just give it to you, but when you go to the workbench on Bogano Cal mentions finding Master Cordova's hilt and joining them together to fix Master Jaro's saber.

I'm on PS4, haven't really had any major technical issues. No crashes, very short freezes as areas load. Only real bitch is the loading times early on when you keep dying constantly. Like SugarShane, I've been dying a hell of a lot less since levelling up so it hasn't been much of an issue anymore.
I only ran into the one major technical issue playing on PS4. Encountering the bounty hunter droid on Zeffo, I somehow managed to win the fight and kill him, without triggering the correct stop moment.

Last edited:
It isn't anything groundbreaking as I expected but it's closer to the classic Jedi Knight games than trailers made it look and it's a genuinely good game.

Whilst I believe the Battlefront games got reviewed harshly, this is a good comeback to pre-Disney quality of Star Wars games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back