Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have been the day for odd shorts combinations in the SANFL, Sturt wearing white shorts against Centrals, who decided to wear blue shorts?
View attachment 1986580View attachment 1986581
I'm so used to the Dogs wearing white shorts that I got the teams confused on wide TV shots occasionally.
Good win for your boys, knocking off the undefeated Dogs at the Ponderosa!!

Must have been the day for odd shorts combinations in the SANFL, Sturt wearing white shorts against Centrals, who decided to wear blue shorts?
View attachment 1986580View attachment 1986581
I'm so used to the Dogs wearing white shorts that I got the teams confused on wide TV shots occasionally.
The reason is that last season i.e. 2023 Centrals returned to wearing blue shorts instead of the old traditional white ones. Also new CEO, Greg Edwards created an away guernsey based on the 1978 guernsey blue with red yoke and white V.

We wore this new away guernsey at Unley and the guernseys were very similar in that they were both blue with white nos.
It was decided that in future we would wear our home guernsey (which has red and white hoop at the bottom on the back) and white shorts away at Unley and the compromise was that Sturt would need to wear white shorts at Elizabeth.

Sturt's white shorts helped a little but still a clash as both guernseys a lighter blue colour both with white numbers hard to tell apart especially at a distance. We need to wear a red guernsey at Unley. Also doesn't help Sturt placed a Red sponsors name across the front of their guernsey above the SFC. :rolleyes:

PS Hate the placement of our major sponsor which dominates the guernsey and obliterates part of the design (red hoop). :mad:

The reason is that last season i.e. 2023 Centrals returned to wearing blue shorts instead of the old traditional white ones. Also new CEO, Greg Edwards created an away guernsey based on the 1978 guernsey blue with red yoke and white V.

We wore this new away guernsey at Unley and the guernseys were very similar in that they were both blue with white nos.
It was decided that in future we would wear our home guernsey (which has red and white hoop at the bottom on the back) and white shorts away at Unley and the compromise was that Sturt would need to wear white shorts at Elizabeth.

Sturt's white shorts helped a little but still a clash as both guernseys a lighter blue colour both with white numbers hard to tell apart especially at a distance. We need to wear a red guernsey at Unley. Also doesn't help Sturt placed a Red sponsors name across the front of their guernsey above the SFC. :rolleyes:

PS Hate the placement of our major sponsor which dominates the guernsey and obliterates part of the design (red hoop). :mad:
Thanks for the context, I was unaware of that change last year. Our white shorts did nothing, if anything it made it worse as you still had more white in your guernsey! Would have been better with navy shorts personally.

Bring one of these back next year against Sturt at Elizabeth to help the clash out 😅
Screenshot_20240514_204323_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240514_204405_Samsung Internet.jpg
Or we'll bring this bad boy back 😂
images-4.jpeg

And I agree with the major sponsor. If they want their logo on a solid colour background, I don't think there's anything you can do unless make the hoops wider like in the design on the left^.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May be an image of ‎4 people and ‎text that says '‎STURI 土 FIRST NATIONS GUERNSEY SANFL MORRIS MORHIS S K ISCA FARVERS LEAP یات OMAS FARMS 2 မာ completue ለማራያ* MARINIS: MARI FNANCIALGADUR GROUP 36 5 5 DELAIDE'S FINEST ارياي DELAIDE'SFINEST 1O0p 雪 Tel5 MORRIS‎'‎‎

That monogram placement on the men's 🫠 The artwork is all that's required here, why even add the monogram at this point?
I thought the same thing when I saw it. If you want the monogram on there; remove the Morris sponsor logo on the players left and put the club logo/monogram there or move ISC up right under the collar and put the monogram there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back