Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best source I admit, but Kim Hagdorn has got a few right recently. He reports:

"(Coniglio) has expressed interest in talking to Fremantle"

Interestingly, the report also contained this:
Haggers: He was overruled by the GWS Board of Management for the Captaincy
Basil: Why is that?
Haggers: Because they fear he might be going

He also stated "West Coast probably couldn't afford Steven Coniglio" and Hawks are "hot in pursuit of getting Steven Coniglio"

He's thrown the net pretty wide here, but it's March so not expecting much else at this stage.

No mention of Carlton.

Not the best source I admit, but Kim Hagdorn has got a few right recently. He reports:

He also stated "West Coast probably couldn't afford Steven Coniglio" and Hawks are "hot in pursuit of getting Steven Coniglio"

He's thrown the net pretty wide here, but it's March so not expecting much else at this stage.

No mention of Carlton.

If you can't spell his name right, you would have to question the validity of it all.

No mention of Carlton.

The issue if Cogs and the captaincy is simply there's no opening.

Ward leading from the front and Davis doing the influencing and off field things is a great dynamic. They finished 3rd and 4th in the Sheedy medal last year as well. They're the longest serving captains in the AFL with Joel Selwood for a reason.

No mention of Carlton.

Apparently we're into him up to our necks.....Our necks I tells ya.

If you can't spell his name right, you would have to question the validity of it all.
So you were on my case yesterday about me thinking there’s a good chance Cogs will go to the Hawks. I am not worried about Freo or Carlton’s interest at all no matter how much $$$ they have. If WC don’t throw there hat in the ring then it will be a 3 horse race between GWS, Bombers and us. I’d say the Bombers cap is pretty tight so it will more than likely come down to GWS and us. I’m not silly enough to think that WC would be reckless enough to be considering him and a lot might depend on what they have going on with Tim Kelly.

So you were on my case yesterday about me thinking there’s a good chance Cogs will go to the Hawks. I am not worried about Freo or Carlton’s interest at all no matter how much $$$ they have. If WC don’t throw there hat in the ring then it will be a 3 horse race between GWS, Bombers and us. I’d say the Bombers cap is pretty tight so it will more than likely come down to GWS and us. I’m not silly enough to think that WC would be reckless enough to be considering him and a lot might depend on what they have going on with Tim Kelly.

Not sure what the post you quoted has anything to do with what you posted there, but good analysis.

Speculation is rife. Where have you heard about Essendon showing interest from? I have not seen one article mentioning their interest. Pretty much think it is between GWS, Hawthorn and the 2 WA teams anyway.

Last edited:

I highly doubt he goes to Essendon. He would be a great fit but after the last two offseasons I can't see us affording him.

I highly doubt he goes to Essendon. He would be a great fit but after the last two offseasons I can't see us affording him.
You and I both know that Essendon always chase who we do. I mean if you didn’t think they were after him then why the hell are you on this thread? Do you just come here for the GIFs?

I’ll take that as a compliment. BTW feel free to flag this comment like you did with my last one because your feelings got all hurt with all the so called name calling.

I have no idea what you are talking about. The only interactions we have had are you getting shitty that I kept calling you mate.

To be fair though, you seem to forget things midpost from your posting history so I am not surprised you can't remember usernames.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea what you are talking about. The only interactions we have had are you getting shitty that I kept calling you mate.

To be fair though, you seem to forget things midpost from your posting history so I am not surprised you can't remember usernames.
Whatever makes you feel good mate 👍🏽

No mention of Carlton.
When the very first rumours of Neale leaving Fremantle surfaced, one of the first people to "report" the rumour was Hagdorn. I distinctly remember every Fremantle fan on the Neale thread absolutely caning Hagdorn for making sh!t up and being about as reliable as a used car salesman.

And now we have a Fremantle fan quoting Hagdorn as a source, albeit with a caveat.

However, Fremantle's midfield certainly needs reinforcements for them to get close to the eight.

When the very first rumours of Neale leaving Fremantle surfaced, one of the first people to "report" the rumour was Hagdorn. I distinctly remember every Fremantle fan on the Neale thread absolutely caning Hagdorn for making sh!t up and being about as reliable as a used car salesman.

And now we have a Fremantle fan quoting Hagdorn as a source, albeit with a caveat.

However, Fremantle's midfield certainly needs reinforcements for them to get close to the eight.
He definitely has had a few hits but also has his fair share of misses.

Cogs to Freo is something I'll only believe when Damo and Terry are discussing it in October.

Cogs to Freo is something I'll only believe when Damo and Terry are discussing it in October.
Fair enough ,you got your right to believe or not believe just like anyone of us .

Do you know if there is any truth to this rumour that was posted on this Facebook page? If true then gee wizz it’s a crappy time for it to be surfacing.

No idea, sorry.
Seems like it’s being handled internally atm but these things don’t usually leak to this Facebook rumour pages for no reason. It’s things like this occurring why I don’t think Cogs will consider Freo. Without trying to sound demeaning with this sort of stuff combined with having Lyon as HC I wouldn’t blame anyone for not choosing Freo as a destination.

He was also the first to call Sam Mitchell to West Coast. Totally took everyone by surprise.

Seems like it’s being handled internally atm but these things don’t usually leak to this Facebook rumour pages for no reason. It’s things like this occurring why I don’t think Cogs will consider Freo. Without trying to sound demeaning with this sort of stuff combined with having Lyon as HC I wouldn’t blame anyone for not choosing Freo as a destination.
Except that Jesse Hogan, Rory Lobb, Rhys Conca, Traves Colyer, Nathan Wilson, Brandon Matera, Shane Kersten, Cam McCarthy, Bradley Hill and Joal Hamling did exactly that.

Facebook rumours would feature somewhere on the list of items a player looks for behind just about everything else.

I've said it before: Contract size, Contract length... daylight... 'go home'.... everything else.

Thinly veiled I want him to come to Hawthorn and think belittling other clubs on the internet has some weighting in his decision post?

Not interested in this sort of posting, tbh.

Thinly veiled I want him to come to Hawthorn and think belittling other clubs on the internet has some weighting in his decision post?

Not interested in this sort of posting, tbh.
I wasn’t belittling the FFC at all. My post was directed at Lyon and the last couple of incidents with staff that he’s been involved with. Players are not stupid and when they choose clubs to go to then good team culture is most definitely something that they will consider. I’m not going to pretend like I know everything about what goes on inside the FFC but it’s definitely not talked about like Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney. If you want to take that as me belittling the FFC well that’s not what I was intending. As I said in my original post, Lyon has had a couple of indescretions not just at Freo but also at Sydney and St Kilda and definitely does not have the best reputation as a coach players want to play for.

Last edited:
Are you seriously suggesting rumours dont start on the internet for no reason? Or just on Facebook?
Either way, LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back