News Steven May and Jake Melksham altercation

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL investigating and the sideshow rolls on. May’s punishment is the rest of the comp has reverted to viewing him as a flog like they did in his pre Gold Coast captaincy days. What a bunch of clowns to punch on at a steak restaurant honestly.

AFL investigating and the sideshow rolls on. May’s punishment is the rest of the comp has reverted to viewing him as a flog like they did in his pre Gold Coast captaincy days. What a bunch of clowns to punch on at a steak restaurant honestly.
Their sense of timing is impeccable. To do it after dropping two games as hot favourites is real MFC 1965-2020 stuff.

100% agree. I would say that Trac is one of the better media performers. Cliches are boring. Fancy a player saying that it's draining when you walk onto the mcg and all you see are empty seats. lol. The crowds have been poor. Fancy him being asked about the crowds, him saying the truth and then being criticised for it. mind boggling.

:drunk:

Meh probably just to suspend Melksham for punching someone even though he's out injured for the optics. Doubt there's any more to this story 2 blokes went the knuckle.

Story actually makes me respect Melksham alot, he tried to diffuse the situation and showed some leadership and then cracked May for being a w***er. Make him VC

Meh probably just to suspend Melksham for punching someone even though he's out injured for the optics. Doubt there's any more to this story 2 blokes went the knuckle.

Story actually makes me respect Melksham alot, he tried to diffuse the situation and showed some leadership and then cracked May for being a w***er. Make him VC

Yeah I've gained respect for Melksham too from this. Would be interested to hear who the other player making remarks was, they've gotten off very lightly.

Yeah I've gained respect for Melksham too from this. Would be interested to hear who the other player making remarks was, they've gotten off very lightly.
Bigger issue imo is who is leaking these 'qoutes' if that's a player then that's worse than May and Melk

Sam McClure was apparently at the dinner lol
Yeesh someone should have atleast chinned him then made it worthwhile

Ngl that's hilarious they punched on infront of a journo May must have been pissed as.

0ba843c9444ed862b9e705dd4f68ec84.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't read the article?
May was right, Melksham plays 2's

May's a utensil on the piss. But Melksham at 30 should know punching a bloke in a restaurant is a dickhead move. Probably frustrated as he should be playing local league this year and has been finished at AFL level for 18 months

Haha, so much for not bringing each other down :$.

Seriously though, if that's what May said, it's really not worth a punch in the face.
Moral of story

Top players shouldn't go for dinner with list cloggers.

It hazardous for your health

AFL should then fine themselves for dragging it out and bringing the game into further disrepute. It happened and its been handled, let it go FFS.

May was right, Melksham plays 2's

May's a utensil on the piss. But Melksham at 30 should know punching a bloke in a restaurant is a dickhead move. Probably frustrated as he should be playing local league this year and has been finished at AFL level for 18 months

Melksham would flatten you for that aswell

Melksham would flatten you for that aswell
Probably would

Doesn't make it any less of a dickhead move considering where they were

But I reckon there is more to the story that hasn't gotten out

From what i heard the sledge came to the media via the restaurant. And while the owner has the right to be mad, if you'd seen their posts there is a fair bit of over reaction salt. Dude probably wont be happy until he gets a personal appology and the place rebuilt from the ground up. Either way owner seems well happy to chime in on all news stories and add fuel

So yeah, i never really took the sledge as fact

They said this on 360 too. Basically that there’s more to go in this story unless they sorted the owner out asap.

It’s such a side show and getting more legs than it needs.

Seems May was told to back off, was too pissed to get it. Talked s**t to the wrong guy and got his ass kicked.

Now May needs to front up to training getting belted by a guy “in the twos”. That’s punishment enough.

Love it. This is the exact type of bullshit nerds sook about and think the sky's falling in. Luke Hodge drank drive their side to a flag in reality it's a small thing but the disappointment of the bigfooty nerds should teach him a lesson or 2
I love this.

As soon as this story came out I was looking forward to your take on this.

How very Melbourne that our team choose a reasonably expensive Prahran restaurant to punch on! This part of the story I really enjoyed. Plus smashing up a reception desk was interesting. I wish I had chosen that night to go out for a steak

I love this.

As soon as this story came out I was looking forward to your take on this.

How very Melbourne that our team choose a reasonably expensive Prahran restaurant to punch on! This part of the story I really enjoyed. Plus smashing up a reception desk was interesting. I wish I had chosen that night to go out for a steak
👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back