News Steven May and Jake Melksham altercation

Remove this Banner Ad

Shithouse by May and by whoever was there that let him drink.

Genuinely believe our players think/thought its in the bag after 10-0.

The Bartlett/Roffey stuff is bullshit but this is pathetic from May.
What was the Bartlett/Roffey stuff? Must have missed that.

The real winner out of this whole thing is Entrecôte. The amount of free advertising they’ve got for the restaurant is huge. Even a few media commentators saying on how good a restaurant it is. Before yesterday I didn’t even know they existed.

If I was them I’d be offering free beer and wine to all AFL players. Perhaps set up a ring out the front.

The real winner out of this whole thing is Entrecôte. The amount of free advertising they’ve got for the restaurant is huge. Even a few media commentators saying on how good a restaurant it is. Before yesterday I didn’t even know they existed.

If I was them I’d be offering free beer and wine to all AFL players. Perhaps set up a ring out the front.

The fact that a brawl between two Melbourne players took place at a French fine dining restaurant instead of a pub makes the whole thing even funnier.

Max Gawn's press conference was a masterclass. A true leader of men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne's 2021 premiership now has an asterix. Only won it because Covid lockdowns kept Steven May off the beers.

From what i heard the sledge came to the media via the restaurant. And while the owner has the right to be mad, if you'd seen their posts there is a fair bit of over reaction salt. Dude probably wont be happy until he gets a personal appology and the place rebuilt from the ground up. Either way owner seems well happy to chime in on all news stories and add fuel

So yeah, i never really took the sledge as fact

Tall poppy syndrome is a bad trait that many Australians possess, and it's rife in the media.

Classic example here. We're the reigning premiers so this becomes a massive story. Any other club and it's nothing.

Tall poppy syndrome is a bad trait that many Australians possess, and it's rife in the media.

Classic example here. We're the reigning premiers so this becomes a massive story. Any other club and it's nothing.
Nah, wouldn't matter if was the Gold Coast Suns involved rhaz..... media would be all over it regardless. A Victorian club all the more so. Look at De Goey pre-season. AFL players and controversy are massive clickbait, newspaper sales and television fodder all rolled into one. They love it.

Your Captain spoke very well today and seems the sort of bloke who will settle things in house. Doubt it's going to affect you guys going forward. We had a similar thing happen to us in 2016.... albeit a couple of silly teenagers as opposed to a pair of 30 year olds who should know better. But Tom Boyd and Zaine Cordy got into a drunken pub blue in late June and were both suspended by the club. Fast forward four months later and the same two teenagers who became great mates are Premiership players. Some other s**t will pop up in a week or two and May vs. Melksham gets forgotten about. Rinse and Repeat.

it almost seems like a prank they used to play on Jackass, book into a fancy restaurant, have a fist fight in the middle of the dining room and finish it off with Jakey Knoxville putting Steve-O May through the reception desk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back