News Steven May and Jake Melksham altercation

Remove this Banner Ad

Love it. This is the exact type of bullshit nerds sook about and think the sky's falling in. Luke Hodge drank drive their side to a flag in reality it's a small thing but the disappointment of the bigfooty nerds should teach him a lesson or 2

Love it. This is the exact type of bullshit nerds sook about and think the sky's falling in. Luke Hodge drank drive their side to a flag in reality it's a small thing but the disappointment of the bigfooty nerds should teach him a lesson or 2
Yep, quite a few are… disMAYed.

Csi Miami Sunglasses GIF

you don't have to be a good boxer to knock someone onto the ground who likely wasn't expecting it. Let's dispel that myth.

My concern is that supporters/coaches will rest on the 'we didn't have May' excuse and not address the other serious issues we have on field.

So you like all of it?
I don't really give a stuff. Certainly not gonna dribble how disappointed I am all over bigfooty. One big campaigner gets lippy to a bloke who can hold his dukes up after a couple froffs ain't the end of the world. If we can't beat Collingwood without froffies there is bigger issues. Maybe this can be used as our circuit breaker

I also think what's never talked about is if these blokes stay pretty sober all season they ain't piss fit, knock back a couple stubbies and you could be trying to fight a golden gloves boxer. if ya knocked em back more often ya might think twice. So basically it's the clubs fault

I also think what's never talked about is if these blokes stay pretty sober all season they ain't piss fit, knock back a couple stubbies and you could be trying to fight a golden gloves boxer. if ya knocked em back more often ya might think twice. So basically it's the clubs fault
Probably not when they've just been concussed though IMO

Yeah, I dunno. Trac's not great in front of the microphone. I don't think he intended his comment the way it came out.
Needs a bit more media training but he can learn how to kick a set shot first.

Trac is probably the worst media performer in the comp. He can't even roll out the cliches, makes a mess of the most simple points he tries to make.

Gawn, Gus, Tmac, May and ANB are the only people from the club worth putting in front of a microphone...

...maybe Dogga as well for a laugh.

Surely, if true, Melksham would be the one copping a ban. And a significant one.
I would say the bigger issue from the clubs perspective is that players aren't allowed to drink alcohol for 12 days after concussion. It's an AFL rule, that is why May is copping the suspension i would have thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suspension makes sense, since they couldn't have let him play anyway, medically speaking. The second blow after a concussion can be the one that causes significant damage. Maysie needs to pull his head in anyway. It's not that what he said to Melks is not true, but the rest of the fringe players who missed out on the GF probably wouldn't have appreciated what he said either. I expect May to be in full grovel mode for a while.

Club needs to come clean about what actually happened here. Would take a fair old whack for this injury.

The suspension makes sense, since they couldn't have let him play anyway, medically speaking. The second blow after a concussion can be the one that causes significant damage. Maysie needs to pull his head in anyway. It's not that what he said to Melks is not true, but the rest of the fringe players who missed out on the GF probably wouldn't have appreciated what he said either. I expect May to be in full grovel mode for a while.
Exactly a leader of the club gets on the beers and thinks it's ok to make fun of a guy who didn't play. Would he have said the same thing to Jones?

Melksham and lever would be good to see in the ring, I think lever would just have him

I watched one of those docos on our flag, maybe it was momentum and gus and gawnie made the point about how powerful the commitment was not to bring each-other down, not to even make jokes about a player's performance, not even in banter.
I remember during the year seeing MFC post photos of twitter of Jake Lever helping clean up the room after a match. Jake Lever, AA, helping out the cleaners picking up empty Gatorade bottles! We're all in this together!!!

6 months later King Froffies is ripping into to the GF emergencies telling them they’re s**t, body-slamming each-other through tables.
I read Jake Melksham now has to have surgery on his "golden glove" because the greatest full back of all time decided to eat a few of his fingies with the pommes fritz served at the ohlalala French burger joint on Greville st...

Time for big bonding session over the long weekend I think!
Think we should just forfeit the Collingwood game and head straight to Sorrento for some pots and punting!!!

Club needs to come clean about what actually happened here. Would take a fair old whack for this injury.

Yeah I don’t get why they just don’t give all the details and beat the media to it. Blows over much quicker that way.

Trac is probably the worst media performer in the comp. He can't even roll out the cliches, makes a mess of the most simple points he tries to make.

Gawn, Gus, Tmac, May and ANB are the only people from the club worth putting in front of a microphone...

...maybe Dogga as well for a laugh.
First I have seen that but Carowhine goes on about the Pies vs Blues after what Trac said. That was a day game so kind of proved his point.

First I have seen that but Carowhine goes on about the Pies vs Blues after what Trac said. That was a day game so kind of proved his point.
The crowd was s**t but what is the point in comparing the crowds of a match between two of the big four clubs to a small club vs interstate side? Hawks and Collingwood only got 10k more the next day.

Last edited:
I don't really give a stuff. Certainly not gonna dribble how disappointed I am all over bigfooty. One big campaigner gets lippy to a bloke who can hold his dukes up after a couple froffs ain't the end of the world. If we can't beat Collingwood without froffies there is bigger issues. Maybe this can be used as our circuit breaker

I get what you’re saying and there are bigger issues for sure. May drinking on concussion protocols makes him an idiot but it isn’t a sacking offence. I don’t even have a big problem with Melksham giving him one either. The only issue for me is May saying that to a teammate. I know plenty of players are s**t blokes and naughty off the field but as long as they prepare well for games and aren’t a bad influence on the group I don’t really care. What May does saying that is something that can definitely splinter the playing group a bit and affect our performance, so even as his biggest fan on here after you I’m pretty pissed he did that.

Re crowds , I think there are a few reasons that combined has led to a decline in crowds . The one the media don’t seem interested in discussing is the way the game is being umpired now . It’s confusing, it’s not consistent, open to far too many different interpretations within a game . Add in one can’t just rock up to a game now , it all adds up . There are other possibilities to throw in to the mix , other than when the discussion is actually on a game I don’t pay attention to the media any more .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back