News Steven May and Jake Melksham altercation

Remove this Banner Ad

They're now saying May was having a crack at all the other blokes there, including making fun of Joel Smith for missing the GF whilst he played with a torn hammy. Yikes.
May sounds like the worst drunk.

Who really cares? There's zero context to this. The media already made up one version of events. Who isn't to say this wasn't said completely jovial and Melksham punched May because he wouldn't split the bill.

Maybe Joel Smith was saying if he played Papley wouldn't have kicked that goal and may said you couldn't even make the Granny team.

Unless it comes out of May or Melkshams mouth it's ultimately a giant rumour

i prefer the rumour that Joel Smith knocked Steven May out

Trac is probably the worst media performer in the comp. He can't even roll out the cliches, makes a mess of the most simple points he tries to make.

Gawn, Gus, Tmac, May and ANB are the only people from the club worth putting in front of a microphone...

...maybe Dogga as well for a laugh.

I come in peace guys and hope you beat Collingwood on Monday.

Back in the 2000s there was some really lame commercials put out by clubs to get more people to go.

The winner goes to my team when Frawley and Gaspar turned up to a guys house to watch the game and when the supporter looked shocked that they were not at the game they say to him that if he isn't going then why should they, Plenty of cringe in that one.

Your Norm Smith Medallist from a drought breaking premiership has said he wants more people at the game. That is genuine stuff. He could be happy to build up his bank account and resume for after football opportunities but he wants the club to be stronger in the area of attendances. What is so wrong about that.

You need to convert premierships into success in other areas of the club. Both Collingwood and Richmond were on financial brink 10 years after winning a premiership by big margins.

If Caro thinks that he is saying that he needs crowds to get himself going then maybe she should remind herself that he came 3rd in the brownlow during the COVID year of 2020. If anyone feels slighted by his comment then perhaps his GF performance should give him some credits.

Oh yeah one last thing. Can we have him?

I come in peace guys and hope you beat Collingwood on Monday.

Back in the 2000s there was some really lame commercials put out by clubs to get more people to go.

The winner goes to my team when Frawley and Gaspar turned up to a guys house to watch the game and when the supporter looked shocked that they were not at the game they say to him that if he isn't going then why should they, Plenty of cringe in that one.

Your Norm Smith Medallist from a drought breaking premiership has said he wants more people at the game. That is genuine stuff. He could be happy to build up his bank account and resume for after football opportunities but he wants the club to be stronger in the area of attendances. What is so wrong about that.

You need to convert premierships into success in other areas of the club. Both Collingwood and Richmond were on financial brink 10 years after winning a premiership by big margins.

If Caro thinks that he is saying that he needs crowds to get himself going then maybe she should remind herself that he came 3rd in the brownlow during the COVID year of 2020. If anyone feels slighted by his comment then perhaps his GF performance should give him some credits.

Oh yeah one last thing. Can we have him?
My point was about Tracs media performances in general not any specific issue. He overthinks things and talks himself into the corner all the time. It's okay, we can love him as a player and still see his limitations elsewhere.

On crowds, yeah of course we want more people to be at the ground but what's the point in being unrealistic? Were a club that has struggled for decades and only had recent success. The demographic of our supporters is aging. Building up our base is a generational project to get more kids on board. It doesn't help that the majority of our supporters sit on the members side so crowds tend to look even worse on TV.

Caro has weird issues with smaller clubs. Always goes for the easy pot shots and presents nothing constructive.

Last edited:
Tall poppy syndrome is a bad trait that many Australians possess, and it's rife in the media.

Classic example here. We're the reigning premiers so this becomes a massive story. Any other club and it's nothing.
Was thinking the same thing, practically everything in the last fortnight has been blown way out of proportion.

From what i heard the sledge came to the media via the restaurant. And while the owner has the right to be mad, if you'd seen their posts there is a fair bit of over reaction salt. Dude probably wont be happy until he gets a personal appology and the place rebuilt from the ground up. Either way owner seems well happy to chime in on all news stories and add fuel

So yeah, i never really took the sledge as fact
To be fair if I had a nice restaurant and two big campaigners punched on in it and broke my reception area I would be ******* pissed too

Had a dig at their being no supporters at our games and that's a reason for losing a couple in a row. Was pretty ordinary from Trac
Nah ******* rubbish, Tracs spot on. Crowds have been dog s**t at our games. Nothing wrong with him saying what he thinks that's why footys so ******* boring these days and every campaigner goes back to boring cliches.

Nah ******* rubbish, Tracs spot on. Crowds have been dog s**t at our games. Nothing wrong with him saying what he thinks that's why footys so ******* boring these days and every campaigner goes back to boring cliches.

The media will blow up anything they can though, so that is the end result boring cliche ridden interviews (so I just lol when parts of the Media talk about the lack of characters). Sometimes it seems to me that large parts of the Media just want to see the whole game as a dumpster fire, demolished and then never played again.

On Crowds I only go to one or two games a year it is very expensive for me and time consuming to get there and back. This is getting to/from Metricon or Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who really cares? There's zero context to this. The media already made up one version of events. Who isn't to say this wasn't said completely jovial and Melksham punched May because he wouldn't split the bill.

Maybe Joel Smith was saying if he played Papley wouldn't have kicked that goal and may said you couldn't even make the Granny team.

Unless it comes out of May or Melkshams mouth it's ultimately a giant rumour

Gawn was pretty clear in the press conference they weren’t happy with what May was saying which is enough for me. I don’t care if feelings are hurt but I do care if it destabilises the playing group and this type of stuff absolutely can do that. I love May he is so important to our team that’s why this is disappointing.

Gawn was pretty clear in the press conference they weren’t happy with what May was saying which is enough for me. I don’t care if feelings are hurt but I do care if it destabilises the playing group and this type of stuff absolutely can do that. I love May he is so important to our team that’s why this is disappointing.
May is a flamin' drongo, no doubt, but there's also something endearing about him. You get the feeling that it's not too hard to forgive him for his stupid acts because he's not genuinely malicious. At least I hope that's the case, because we really need him.

No point blowing this out of proportion, 90% of us here probably are smartarses when on the sauce and either have been punched by a mate or deserve to have been.

Eventually you mature and and learn to only drink with mates that you could easily handle if necessary.

Last edited:
No point blowing this out of proportion, 90% of us here probably either are smartarses when on the sauce and either have been punched by a mate or deserve to have been.

Eventually you mature and and learn to only drink with mates that you could easily handle if necessary.
My group of mates have been good friends for 20 years and had a few scraps over the years. We all look back and laugh at them now, ripped shirts, bruises etc. People blowing everything out of proportion for something to talk about and always think there has to be more to the story.

They may just hate each other. Or May has been vocal about the apparent love affair Goody has with Milkshakes.

A few beers, a few comments, and away she goes.

Reckon we probably could have handled our initial response to the story better, but it's pretty funny how the media will get on their high horse on that point when they are writing article after article detailing every superfluous bit of information that comes out. Obviously when they got wind of the story they knew they could get a whole weeks worth of content out of it.

100% agree. I would say that Trac is one of the better media performers. Cliches are boring. Fancy a player saying that it's draining when you walk onto the mcg and all you see are empty seats. lol. The crowds have been poor. Fancy him being asked about the crowds, him saying the truth and then being criticised for it. mind boggling.

Crowds are down because of the rubbish officiating of the game. A different “let the game go” style of umpiring in finals as to opposed to regular H&A games nit-picky free kick BS is farcical, it’s bush league stuff. Then on top of that you have whatever the flavour of the month is for “interpretation crackdown”… umpire dissent is probably the most ridiculous one yet and it’s no coincidence crowd numbers at games are at serious lows in 2022.

I’m very happy Gil is moving on and hopefully they can fill his position with someone who has the vision of old school footy and exactly how great it was. Just let the game go, let the players do their thing unless something drastic needs to be paid, umpires fade into the background.

Crowds have been rubbish at every game. Not just ours. Never a great idea to have a dig at your fans. Have a go at all footy followers, not your own. Our crowds have actually been solid. Trac might want to check the stats before having a crack.

I stopped attending because I can't be bothered. We had a run of Sunday and twilight games which is my least preferred timeslot. I would make the effort for a night game.

I live really close, it takes me about 10 minutes to walk to the 'G.

It has been bitterly cold lately and I have no desire to sit in the elements. I also find that attending games to be really poor value for money these days, I would much rather watch the game at the pub and have a feed (or stay at home and shitpost online).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back