Autopsy still in it at half time 2 weeks running v Poortaloos,

Remove this Banner Ad

and another 3rd quarter we get blown out of the water....

That is the lamest gif attempt ^^^^^^

video games battle GIF by Evil Twin Artworks

I can accept losing but I don't understand how they can so completely they fall apart to the extent that they look like a bunch of paddock footballers after half time.

We weren't in it at half time despite the score. We managed a single scoring shot in that quarter (which happened to be a goal) to Port's five.

Reality is we were still in it until about a minute and a half left in the first quarter. Disappointing, but no doubt we'll get the same usual spin.

Going early here considering there's a whole quarter left, but here's a few thoughts now that we have been blown out again;
  • Why are we so much smaller and less fit than every single other team? It can't just be a youth factor.
  • Our bottom 5 players are holding us back every single week.
  • Too many of our "good" players had absolute stinkers today.
  • Tucker, who has been a deserved whipping boy most of this year, was pretty decent today I guess.
  • Sheezel deserves better team mates.
  • When Wardlaw has the ball, good things happen. But he doesn't get the ball enough.
  • Duursma needs to figure out how to get more involved, and needs to learn to play two-way footy.
  • Xerri needs to stop taking the ball out of the ruck.
  • We need another contested ball winner in the guts. Phillips? Zurhaar full time mid? I'm not fussed. But it needs to happen.
  • Powell is weird because he gets decent numbers but I don't feel like any of his touches are particularly damaging, nor are they a crucial part of a chain that leads to a goal. I might be crazy but he feels like he's in no man's land.
  • Sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the reason that this is the game that's breaking me is that we battled hard in the first half and got little reward for our efforts. One bad link in the chain and the whole thing falls apart for an oppo goal, then the floodgates open. Grinds me dead and so over it. Bring on the bye.

Yartapuulti V Indigerieroo

Yes I think we should have changed our name like some of the other clubs.
Not much to add , 5 goals to 3 quarter time. Probably will get done by 100 points.

We can delist at least tonight with nary a concern that it will impact us on field.

Strength and conditioning department (if such one exists) needs a complete overhaul. As a team we are able to play about 20 minutes of high-pressure football at the beginning of games with some offensive run & carry, and then we just flame out. By the 2nd quarter we lose our offensive run and are able to just hold on defensively. Third quarter rolls around and we are out on our feet, and the opposition put us to the sword. Our fitness levels are so far off the average team, let alone the top echelon. Until this changes then it won't matter how many young jets we are able to draft, we will continue to be a bottom two team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back