Roast Strip the captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looked back at my voting for this season and I've only had a co captain in my top five once this season (Ollie against WCE). They've disgraced themselves, it's that simple.

Don’t forget that Wines polled votes for Collingwood and Jonas for Richmond. Two of the worst captains games I’ve witnessed, and I’ve seen Tex Walker play football.

Our next captain needs to be significantly removed from our semi recent past. I’d be looking at Slyce if he’s got the respect of the playing group. I respect Hartlett but I see him as a product of a failed era. I also see him as an injury waiting to happen.

Having said that I can’t imagine we will have anything other than co-captains and Kinkley in 2020.

I'm not convinced we'll need 13 wins to get into finals this year TBH. We're currently sitting 7-7 but only out of the 8 on percentage. 12 wins and maintaining our percentage would probably do it from here.

I deliberately used the term 'guarantee'. True, we could make it with 12 wins and percentage which means we only have to win 5 from our last 8, not loose by too much and have a couple of big wins. That is possible but how likely is it from a side that has not put together two straight wins since round 6? If we could beat the Crows at AO, Brisbane at AO, Essendon at Marvel Stadium, Sydney at AO, Dockers at AO, we would have 12 wins which would give us a shot at a top eight finish even if we loose this weekend. Like last year it is possible but after last week and last year I am not confident.

One thing that helps us is that a couple of our rivals have draws on a par with ours. The only problem is our inconsistency.

We couldn't make the finals from 11-4 last year with a moderate draw, we're not making them from 7-7 with a difficult draw.

What will happen is we'll get to 8-10 or something and then start playing good football again once the pressure to make finals is off.
What will happen is we will face off against Freo for 8th spot...

Round 23 ....3 points in front ....30 seconds left ....***whistle***.....free kick Walters 40 out.

I noticed Wines and Jonas were sitting either side of The Butch at his birthday. The solution could be as simple as getting Butcher back on the list to lift spirits and team morale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would've been more use than Sutcliffe.

I noticed Wines and Jonas were sitting either side of The Butch at his birthday. The solution could be as simple as getting Butcher back on the list to lift spirits and team morale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telling that Jesus of Maffra was sitting in the middle of the two faux captains. The real captain has revealed himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first player interview the club puts up post match on youtube isnt of co captain wines or co captain jonas its of a player who leads from the front puts his body on the line every ******* week and isnt a spud footballer. Idk if the club doesnt trust wines and jonas with post match comments. Especially wines earlier in the year vs north "they almost beat us but oh well"

It was hamish hartlett. The man who should be leading our team. Stern no bs approach to the questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back