2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 17 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

I too have been extremely disappointed with Sinn, who has shown absolutely sfa at this stage, but I'm holding my fire (just), after canning Bergmann who looked like some pale and skinny kid who had been pulled from the mound to make up the numbers at the Ponderosa about 7 or 8 weeks ago, and look how that turned out.

Sinn had 6 touches all game. He just looks either disinterested or is miles off the pace. He's got quite a decent sized frame, broad shoulders... but yeah his game was incredibly underwhelming.
I wont judge him at all til he's fully fit with a full preseason.

Sinn had 6 touches all game. He just looks either disinterested or is miles off the pace. He's got quite a decent sized frame, broad shoulders... but yeah his game was incredibly underwhelming.
He’s barely played football in 3 years, I would expect him to jumping out of his skin to play but it looks the complete opposite.

Careful. I raised a bit of concern about him a couple of weeks ago and was criticised as being too negative by a certain salty poster.

We were lacking injury-prone flankers ok?

sinn was reported as the best medium defender in his draft. not sure where he is at in regards to fitness. he looks slow & can not read the play, based on what i saw. maybe when he is fit, things will be better. would like to see him as a wing-man next year., when he is fitter.

sinn was reported as the best medium defender in his draft. not sure where he is at in regards to fitness. he looks slow & can not read the play, based on what i saw. maybe when he is fit, things will be better. would like to see him as a wing-man next year., when he is fitter.
In fairness, his preseason was raved about internally and he looked good in the internal trial.

Unfortunately, the same could be said about Skinner.

He’s barely played football in 3 years, I would expect him to jumping out of his skin to play but it looks the complete opposite.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to his groin injury. Sinn's most notable attribute was his explosive pace. Hopefully for Sinn he keeps it because Chris Judd suffered from groin injuries and was never the same pace wise since pre-groin problems. I'll also speculate that he may have been pushed into playing before he was physically ready based on the club this season rushing several players back. A couple of the most notable ones were Fantasia (yes he is injury prone), Aliir and even this week playing Boak with a broken hand, for a dead rubber game against Richmond.

Don't watch port s**t these days.
The impression I get from the game day reports is this whole club has been turned to a pile of complete s**t.
Well done to those basta#ds at the top filling their pockets while the whole club rots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching these top ups kills me. They're just so damn bad

That's the problem. AFL lists are getting smaller then when a club has injuries we're lucky to have a dozen afl listed players on the park. The top ups are park level.

It's no good for the the youngsters to get thrashed every week. Their development will stall. It's a disaster. All good if there's no injuries at afl level but when there is then it's a sh*t show disaster.

Last edited:
Careful. I raised a bit of concern about him a couple of weeks ago and was criticised as being too negative by a certain salty poster.

Hahahaha well I don't like it when the kids continually get whacked, especially ones like Sinn that have covid delays and serious injury halt their development up until now.

Last edited:
Depth is a big issue. You could delist 10 players from that side and not even blink.

Yep. Need to make 6 to 8 changes on the list BUT we also need a change with coaches, and a change to the head of the club who is not honest about how garbage our program is and how weak we are with sanfl conditions.

I reiterate, any supporter that thinks the reserves winning or losing is not important to development has rocks in their head. That first half showed a demoralised team of players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back