News Suns to ask for Pick 1 as a priority pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know you can ask them. Rankine signed up for another 3 years if this time next year they are unsigned I'll panic then.

Give it a rest you must have 3 screens open with the amount you are around, you hate the Sun's and want us to fold, we get it, use that energy for something else.
So Martin is out, and King is absolutely a worry and Lukosius is 50/50.

Nothing has changed. More kids aren’t the answer.

Don't know you can ask them. Rankine signed up for another 3 years if this time next year they are unsigned I'll panic then.

Give it a rest you must have 3 screens open with the amount you are around, you hate the Sun's and want us to fold, we get it, use that energy for something else.
I don’t hate the suns I just get annoyed how the AFL allocates certain favouritism.

Those picks are trade assets that can be replaced for more gun kids if they want out, much like GWS have. I

Why is King and Lukosius a worry? 100% kids aren't the answer I think you will find most of those picks we have got will be traded for mature talent.

We have already looked to have picked up Ellis and Greenwood, and we seem to be in for Crouch as well, so it shows that we are looking to mature talent to fill out our list as well

Maybe, just maybe if Southern State Club vultures didn't poach an A Grade player from the Suns every year, they wouldn't need this package.

I am very okay with this and hopefully it makes it easier for Jack Martin's transfer to Carlton.

Well done AFL and congratulations Gold Coast's long suffering fans, they deserve something to look forward.
Maybe if they learnt how to hold on to their players and manage a salary cap? Mark evans stated the cap was tight which contributed to the letting May and lynch go

As good as the package looks ..I feel they missed the chance to give the GC 2 or 3 Franchise type players outside of the cap ..and or a Priority Free agent rather than just picks which mean kids...
But that would literally just be taking players from other clubs which is just even more unfair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You crack me up!

Maybe so, but it's all academic anyway. Zero chance that the Suns will trade pick 2 this year for anyone or any team. Zilch, Zippo, Zero.

They are getting the Oakleigh Chargers Dream Team of Rowell and Anderson, they are not like the New York Knicks and keep doing foolish, nonsensical trades.

Is it a bit much? Yeah, maybe they didn't need the 2020-21 benefits. But I don't care that much. The bigger thing for me is how hilarious it is to watch the outrage brigade wail and gnash their teeth.

Most of the Sooks outraged over this decison support clubs that (seemingly) are into chasing Lukosius/Rankine but especially Ben King.

There is a certain amount of delicious irony in that I find.

I was not against them getting a top end
Side note, how would you feel if you were Brisbane? You've have the foresight to predict your own rise up the ladder with the pick swap last year, absolutely nailed it, only to be moved back not one, but two spots by that very team who you traded with and with one exactly before your selection at 20. Would be absolutely fuming...
It's two bloody spots, and nothing is guaranteed in drafts anyway. That's not worth fuming about. What is worth fuming about is blatant throws by the opposition not being called in successive weeks. A slight pick downgrade is nothing by comparison.

But that would literally just be taking players from other clubs which is just even more unfair.
arh... every club takes players form other clubs .. I think Hawks might have 1 or 2 or 5. What GC need is a competitive side ..to help settle the younger types... the concessions are all well and good... they have talent will get more...but every side especially the Saints will be eyeing BKing .. let alone the SA sides looking at Luk. If they are closer to a win every couple of weeks then they have a far better chance to keep them.

The picks sure I can deal with it, but the ability to directly list any NGA kid without a bid, being able to list 10 extra players, all NGA kids from Darwin. You may as well give them half the draft crop
The NT really hasn't produced much talent in the past few years. And Maurice Rioli Jr could be the best of the bunch, and he's going to Richmond.

People have speculated before about awarding priority picks being awarded that must be traded. The obvious problem is that if the picks must be traded and other clubs know it, the Suns won't get fair value. So I wonder if this is being done here by stealth, looking like regular priority picks, but the Suns will trade them (except pick 2 this year) or the AFL will rescind them. But the other clubs don't know that.

Pretty sure king wants out. Same with Lukosius. Have heard Ainsworth and Fiorini whispers
can't speak for the first two as they're obviously still in their first year and getting settled in, but ainsworth and fiorini both have their vic-based partners living with them on the GC, fiorini has recently bought a house up here too. they're only small signs but they're positive. also both have re-signed with the club in the last 18 months, but yeah go ahead and believe those whispers.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back