Switch Super Mario Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day Lance Uppercut!

Hope you're going good mate.

Will be pretty keen to hear what you reckon is the better game - or even if you can pick between them!

i'm leading towards Mario, but that's probably due to it coming out so recently. I'm not even a huge platformer bloke, but it's just ******* perfect!

Then again, Zelda just rewrote the rules on what a Zelda game's supposed to be! And made it better than anything execpt for, maybe, GTAV!

Good on bloody Nintendo! And good on Lance Uppercut! The man himself!
I think they are pretty equal. Just such a good compliment to each other. So ******* good.

By the way matey, I added you on Switch, so if you thought it was a predatory sex creep inviting you then you were right!

Currently have all the purple coins and 709 moons. 6 kingdoms are 100% complete.

Barely touched the Snow and Luncheon kingdoms prior to finishing it so that was good to go back and have a heap of moons available. Luncheon i still had 2 story mission moons to collect.

Haven't been on the darkside of the moon yet. Should hit 800 this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Up to 702 moons, but having a break to complete Wolfenstein.
Have unlocked all the purple coins and Uncle Amiibo hints.
Would be great if they had a checkpoint in darker side of the moon.
Or I'm just really rusty on my platforming and it's not that hard.
Peach amiibo comes in very handy on this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the game now for a week and have loved it but does anyone else feel it’s lacking a bit of the wow factor?

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I haven’t been blown away by something like I have in past 3D Mario games. Maybe it’s that it doesn’t do anything particularly revolutionary?

Still, had a great time with it, and will continue to do so but BOTW beats this easily for me this year.

Had the game now for a week and have loved it but does anyone else feel it’s lacking a bit of the wow factor?

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I haven’t been blown away by something like I have in past 3D Mario games. Maybe it’s that it doesn’t do anything particularly revolutionary?

Still, had a great time with it, and will continue to do so but BOTW beats this easily for me this year.
Yeah, I've found Odyssey to be 'good' but certainly not great. The controls can be fiddly and the camera is sub-par at times. I've had it since launch and only managed about 100 moons so far. Partly due to limited spare time but also finding myself bored after about 30-45 minutes of play. 6.5/10 for mine

I completely agree. It was a good time and clearly a step above other platformers, but didn't blow me away like Galaxy.

Can you play as Luigi?

I loved Odyssey but I remember playing Galaxy non stop during leavers week in 2007 and gaming for me will never top that.

480 moons. Realised that when you go back you are pretty much doing the exact same things you have done before but with a new Moon to collect, or the same task but on a different world.

Don't see myself continuing for much longer. 999 is way overkill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back