Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Wondering if you could shed some light on Broomhead and his prospects in 2015. How has he looked thus far through the preseason & do you think he'll see much senior action this year?
He's not a large accumulator of the ball so I doubt he'll be worth picking fantasy wise. He's fighting with a heap of players for a forward pocket/half forward spot in the 22, so will likely play a few reserves matches. I personally have him in the 22 because he's silky with ball. But he's definitely not a lock

One thing in Gault's favour is that he's probably not the sort of guy who starts with the vest on. Although he seems to be on the improve, I wouldn't expect too much from him

May have been covered already, but in your opinion, will Freeman and Oxley be round one starters?
Freeman is less than likely to start round 1 but Greenwood's injury betters his chances. Oxley should be playing round 1 ahead of Toovey, Sinclair etc. but he probably won't. 50/50 chance i'd say

I picked up Jamie Elliott in my ultimate footy draft. Do you guys expect a lot more midfield time from him this year with Beams gone? If so, what sort of numbers can you realistically see him averaging? cheers

Nathan Brown, never been a fan of him in Supercoach.

I see he got 97 standing Casboult in a NAB Challenge match.

Is he a worthwhile pick as a defensive rookie? Will play every game and won't be sub.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Brown, never been a fan of him in Supercoach.

I see he got 97 standing Casboult in a NAB Challenge match.

Is he a worthwhile pick as a defensive rookie? Will play every game and won't be sub.

Cheers
His job security is good, don't expect him to average more than 55-60 though, he's never been a big scorer. If he averages 60 he'll be worth just under 300k around our round 12 bye

So 60 would be his absolute ceiling?

If that's his ceiling, what's his likely average? About 45-50?
His last full season (21 games) he averaged 49. I'm not saying 60 is his ceiling because he will probably have the odd game like the 97 against casboult. I expect him to average around 60. He could average more, but his job is to shutdown the opposition monster forwards.

Yeah I meant ceiling for his average, not for an individual score.

60's not horrible, but it's not really enough for a $147k defender. Certainly wouldn't be game to start him on the ground.

Thanks morelli

I picked up Jamie Elliott in my ultimate footy draft. Do you guys expect a lot more midfield time from him this year with Beams gone? If so, what sort of numbers can you realistically see him averaging? cheers

Missed it the first time.

I don't think Beams leaving really affects his mid time, he's clearly our best small forward. He will get stints in the midfield, but not for long periods. He's just too deadly in front of goals for us to not play him there. I see him averaging around 90 SC this year, I've never played ultimate footy so I'm not sure what their scoring is like

Missed it the first time.

I don't think Beams leaving really affects his mid time, he's clearly our best small forward. He will get stints in the midfield, but not for long periods. He's just too deadly in front of goals for us to not play him there. I see him averaging around 90 SC this year, I've never played ultimate footy so I'm not sure what their scoring is like
Cheers mate, appreciate the response!

Ultimate footy is pretty much just a category based scoring game. Categories involve kicks, handballs, score, marks, tackles, hitouts, FF, FA, score %

the first 6 categories i mentioned are worth 2 points each with the last 3 worth 1 point each. So basically the winner is whoever has the most points out of 15 between you and your opponent. For example, if i win kicks, marks, tackles, hitouts, FA, FF and he wins handballs, score and score % then i will win the game 10-5.

Therefore, hoping that Elliott can average somewhere around 20-22 disposals and kick 35-40 goals for the season. Would be a very nice return!

Hi Everyone

Trying to choose between Adams and Josh Thomas ….for DT….opinions?

Happy to offer info on Cats players too btw...
Adams because he will play a lot in the middle as an extractor. JT will benefit from Greenwood going down and maybe get some extra mid time early in the season, but he's fighting with a few players right now to get a run in the mids. Adams should score pretty well in DT

Is Adams a seriously decent pick for SC at his awkward price? I hear he is fit as a fiddle, as an extractor he could very well do well in SC.
Any Pie supporters have Adams in their teams?

Thankyou.
I will try and help with any WC questions in reply.

Regards
His disposal efficiency is an issue and that will impact his SC scoring potential, he is going to get a lot of time in the middle and a lot of contested ball which is good for points but unless he fixes up his disposal he will make a lot of clangers. On the plus side he is priced at 72 which he will easily have covered. If he can cut out a couple a clangers each game and get his disposal efficiency up 5-10% I think he can seriously average 105-110. But that looks to be atleast another preseason away now, I'd expect 90-95 from him and take any more than that as a bonus. I'm trying to get him in but he doesn't really fit in with my structure

Do you think Nic Nat is fully fit and could play a full season this year? It's harder to pick him with no ruck cover

Remove this Banner Ad

Back