Test Surely the Cummins/McDonald captain/coach setup is the worst in Australian Test history

Remove this Banner Ad

Even your snide little comments missing the mark our last test series was a rain day away from failure
England's was already a failure but also only one dodgy ball change away from a complete embarrassment. The two early Australian wins meant the opposition had no margin for error. The series was as good as over after the second Test. And England still had a chance to win the rainy Test but played it oddly cautious then couldn't get Australian wickets.

It was a well and truly deserved Ashes retention; albeit flawed enough that a drawn series rather than victory felt about right.

Ok maybe I went too hard on the bowlers but my overall point stands, that bowling attack isn't enough to save it as a good south African team. We're ranked number #1 or atleast we won the WTC, I think we'd lose to most of the test sides of 90s/00s from any country. Like I asked at the beginning and you maybe ignoring because you agree, you think this south African side beats any south African side from the late 90s to 2017?

I think their bowling gives them a puncher’s chance. They do have one thing those teams save for some of the Paul Adams sides never had, a good spinner. I also agree to that overall you’re right they’re NOT a good side, their batting at the moment is simply horrendous but yeah, their bowling is in no way reflective of that and any one of their main quintet would be happily snapped up and put into the rotation of any other side in the world aside from
Maharaj who wouldn’t get a gig with India until they were about 8 spinners down

The Poms dialled in pitches won critical tosses, bowled and batted in better conditions and had a handy change of ball. They could not get it done at home. Most of their players will refuse to tour here because they might be on the receiving end of some gentle teasing. Bunter Bairstow will pull a heartstring to avoid the tour.

I doubt that

I doubt that

Truly hope you are right. I am planning to have billboards outside the grounds and Pom hotels celebrating their buffoonery and incompetence and esp lampooning Thug Stokes and Bunter Bairstow and King Chuckles.

Hmmn … would GetUp be up for financing this …. Wonder if a Go Fund Me page would work. I know some community artists who’d be up for it.

You're a bit all over the place

Not really.
They've had a perfect 12 months, winning at home and abroad, in all forms of cricket, and including in championships/finals.
I stand by original point.

It is irrelevant that there was rain in England, or South Africa were weaker than previous travelling squads, the team have been near perfect, the premise of this thread is moot, and Cummins is a ******* legend.

/end

Actions and consequences? Like winning the WC?? She seems delusional. Is she an Indian cricket fan?

I'm guessing she had this piece ready to go for whenever Australia bombed out, lol
That article is from earlier this year/late last year. It was either after the T20 World Cup or the India series.

Less all over the place than you stupidly trying to talk everything down the team has accomplished lately. Give us a spell. You know #### all about cricket trying to say SAF don't have a world class bowling attack.
if you need to fall asleep at night to a Pat Cummins poster go right ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actions and consequences? Like winning the WC?? She seems delusional. Is she an Indian cricket fan?

I'm guessing she had this piece ready to go for whenever Australia bombed out, lol

Anyone that is labelling other people or things as “woke”, but can’t define it (as opposed to listing examples), is a moron and not worth paying attention to.

It’s just like Abe Simpson, you’re past it Grandma Panahi.

Season 7 Episode 24 GIF by The Simpsons

Who said that?

You are the one without any clear line of thought or argument.

You’ve cherry picked one part of the discussion, ignored the rest, to make what point exactly ?
(and arguably are wrong on that front anyway).

Cummins is an all-time Aussie great. Get over it.

Yea good one. I have been as frustrated as anyone with him at times. And I can't personally stand a number of the unit (Warner and Starc especially) that just won this WC and thought our pace bowling (Pat's included) for most of it ranged from sub par to infuriatingly poor. But I can give credit to him and them for pulling together and putting two excellent displays together in the semi then final. And for everything else the last 12 months - 24 months.

Yea good one. I have been as frustrated as anyone with him at times. And I can't personally stand a number of the unit (Warner and Starc especially) that just won this WC and thought our pace bowling (Pat's included) for most of it ranged from sub par to infuriatingly poor. But I can give credit to him and them for pulling together and putting two excellent displays together in the semi then final. And for everything else the last 12 months - 24 months.
Never once have I taken away any credit from the limited overs side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back