Test Surely the Cummins/McDonald captain/coach setup is the worst in Australian Test history

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, I’m sure India has lost a few series to other teams as well, pretty sure England beat them over there.

Not a few just that one, think you need to go all way back to our win in 04 to find their next home loss.

Actually strange people obsess over cricket in Australia being boring due to home dominance when we lost three home series recently if it's boring anywhere it's India where we all know result before series starts.

Not a few just that one, think you need to go all way back to our win in 04 to find their next home loss.

Actually strange people obsess over cricket in Australia being boring due to home dominance when we lost three home series recently if it's boring anywhere it's India where we all know result before series starts.

Wow, that’s surprising as thought they had a couple of down periods.

But that’s mostly as most eyes in Australia are on the home tests, only the diehards take much notice of Australia playing in India and even less of series not involving Australia.

IND had a bit of a down period during the mid-2000's which caused them to lose to AUS and draw series to PAK, ENG and SA - the first two they really should have beaten. NZ also drew a series there during that time, I think.

But AUS/ENG are the only two sides who have outright beaten them over the past 20 years.

Who can? No coach for over 20 years has been able to win either of those places, although he did win a World Cup in India, something no other coach has ever done.
The facts don't lie
Only Australia and India are strong at the moment
The rest are average

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Australian team is obviously a happy team - I guess winning will have that effect, but every member of the team knows his role, and does it very well. I'm looking forward to the NZ tour, which will be a proper test for the Aussies.

Last edited:
This Australian team is obviously a happy team - I guess winning will have that effect, but every member of the team knows his role, and does it very well. I'm looking forward to the NZ tour, which will be a proper test for the Aussies.
Kiwis have beaten us once in 30 years in tests and even then it was a nail biter.

We have there measure in the format despite some of the great players and sides they have produced since the mid 90s.

They have this psychological weakness whenever they play us they turn to s**t.

Kiwis have beaten us once in 30 years in tests and even then it was a nail biter.

We have there measure in the format despite some of the great players and sides they have produced since the mid 90s.

They have this psychological weakness whenever they play us they turn to s**t.
You're probably right, but our top order may be tested by the new ball. If we get through that, we should be OK. Cummins and co. will be a nightmare for their batsmen.

You're probably right, but our top order may be tested by the new ball. If we get through that, we should be OK. Cummins and co. will be a nightmare for their batsmen.
Yeah I am not sure what the status is with Boult atm.

Southee is at the backend.

I think we have them covered in batting department.

I am looking forward to seeing how Daryl Mitchell goes against our attack. He scored 3 test tons in England a few years back and averages 53 after 20 tests.

If he can stand up and deliver against the Aussie attack he would have cemented himself into the elite category.

Another clean sweep, could Andrew McDonald end up Australia’s greatest ever coach?

3-0 against Pakistan, on our home deck is not going to get McDonald that gong i wouldn't have thought...

'could he end up' i.e. in the future. A dominant 12-18 months in the books. If this continues, then it could be him.

lol yes and i said "get" which is future tense.

i didn't say "got" which is past tense.

dont think you actually understand what i as alluding too. I'm saying a 3-0 win over Pakistan on Australia soil doesn't count for much. To make it very simple for you the only thing that's going to him the best coach ever title is wins in England and India.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back