Test Who will be in the next overseas Aussie Ashes test team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wormkilla

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
This team is ageing and it’s concerning there’s not too much young talent coming through with the bat and spin. Who out of the current set up and in domestic cricket is going to be there you reckon?

9 of the top 10 current shield scorers are/will be 30+ by the time it comes around.

Just off the top of my head…

Gone/probably gone: Warner, Lyon, Starc, Khawaja, Smith, Cummins, Hazlewood

Possible ins: Hardie, Inglis, McSweeney, Green, Morris, Oliver Davies, Harry Dixon?

This team is ageing and it’s concerning there’s not too much young talent coming through with the bat and spin. Who out of the current set up and in domestic cricket is going to be there you reckon?

9 of the top 10 current shield scorers are/will be 30+ by the time it comes around.

Possible ins: Hardie, Inglis, McSweeney, Green, Morris, Oliver Davies, Harry Dixon?
Surely you don't mean Chis Green?

Would add as possibles - Murphy and O’Neil

Jhye and Young Puck will there hopefully fingers crossed when they are both fit Inglis the keeper and don't discount young Perry as the swing bowler for English conditions
Hopefully both of the first two. Would be great for us

Cummins is only 30. He'll still be there.

Bancroft
Renshaw/Hunt
Pucovski/Davies/Wyllie
Labuschagne
Head
Green
Inglis
Cummins
J. Richardson
Morris/Johnson
Murphy

tbh the hardest one to replace is Smith. Puc is so important for us.

Cummins is only 30. He'll still be there.

Bancroft
Renshaw/Hunt
Pucovski/Davies/Wyllie
Labuschagne
Head
Green
Inglis
Cummins
J. Richardson
Morris/Johnson
Murphy

tbh the hardest one to replace is Smith. Puc is so important for us.

Bolded are the hardest to pick. I suspect quick #3 will be a left armer of some sort. I doubt Johnson will be going around in four years.

I'd have Richardson/Morris as alternates.

Bancroft I highly doubt will be going around in four years, they don't want to pick him now.

Inglis is not a fait accompli as keeper either.

Pucovski shouldn't even have his name being thrown around right now. Has just come back to shield cricket and is struggling to string runs together. Let the guy just play for a bit.

Only one of the quicks still there would be Cummins. On tour may get joined by Morris, Spencer Johnson, J. Richardson, Xavier Bartlett, Last 3 well suited by English condition. Lyon will be good for one more. No issue with bowling. Batting though, no Ussie, Smith. 3 years is a long time so too hard to say who'll be in there replacing them as so much can change. Could be someone we haven't even seen at FC level yet. Not as "easy" as it is with the bowlers with no-one knocking down the door.

England won't have Anderson and Wood, and possibly Root. Their issue could well be bowling.

Pucovski shouldn't even have his name being thrown around right now. Has just come back to shield cricket and is struggling to string runs together. Let the guy just play for a bit.
And just like that he's out of international selection for good.

McSweeney
Green
Head
Marsh
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Bartlett
Buckingham

Inglis
Morris
Davies
Murphy
Labuschagne

I've left the opener spots open because no one, absolutely no one deserves to be named at this point. Renshaw is young enough but who knows? Bancroft will be 34, so who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McSweeney
Green
Head
Marsh
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Bartlett
Buckingham

Inglis
Morris
Davies
Murphy
Labuschagne

I've left the opener spots open because no one, absolutely no one deserves to be named at this point. Renshaw is young enough but who knows? Bancroft will be 34, so who knows?
Bangers still young enough also Maddison keep a watch on ...if he finishes off the shield well and has a good shield season next year..he is batting well atm

3 years down the track though. Could be there or could be retired. If he is still going then, then I'd have him in, form pending.

I hope Jordan Buckingham keeps developing like he has the past two seasons, he could be an absolute handful in English conditions.

Next Ashes in England is 2027.. ok lets give this a crack.. generally a 17 man squad.. I see abit of a dad's army lining up.

(Age at time of 2027 Series)
1. Nathan McSweeney (28)
2. Steve Smith (38)
3. Marnus Labuschagne (33)
4. Cameron Green (vc) (28)
5. Travis Head (33)
6. Mitchell Marsh (35)
7. Alex Carey (35)
8. Pat Cummins (c) (34)
9. Fergus O'Neill (26)
10. Lance Morris (29)
11. Nathan Lyon (39)

12. Todd Murphy (26)
13. Cameron Bancroft (34)
14. Jhye Richardson (30)
15. Josh Inglis (32)
16. Oliver Davies (26)
17. Xavier Bartlett (28)

McSweeney
Green
Head
Marsh
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Bartlett
Buckingham

Inglis
Morris
Davies
Murphy
Labuschagne

Labs will only be 33.. surely he will rebound

Next Ashes in England is 2027.. ok lets give this a crack.. generally a 17 man squad.. I see abit of a dad's army lining up.

(Age at time of 2027 Series)
1. Nathan McSweeney (28)
2. Steve Smith (38) Doubt it
3. Marnus Labuschagne (33)
4. Cameron Green (vc) (28)
5. Travis Head (33)
6. Mitchell Marsh (35)
7. Alex Carey (35)
8. Pat Cummins (c) (34)
9. Fergus O'Neill (26)
10. Lance Morris (29)
11. Nathan Lyon (39)