FTA-TV Survivor- The best season

Remove this Banner Ad

I started watching from Season 6 and fell in love with the show although their have been a couple of dud seasons recently.

I would love to rewatch them all from the season 1 but 596 episodes.....Faaaaaarrrrrrk.
While you are a keen to watch some seasons I would start at season 14 and try to make it to season 20.

I've heard these seasons be referred as the golden era numerous times and I agree these are the best seasons.

A lot of the more memorable players are in these seasons and it's interesting to see the gameplay and strategies becoming more advanced during these seasons.

4 episodes into season 1. Burning through it all doesn't feel realistic. Season at a time, then when I feel like Survivor/reality TV again start the next one. Come 2025 I will answer which is the best season :p

4 episodes into season 1. Burning through it all doesn't feel realistic. Season at a time, then when I feel like Survivor/reality TV again start the next one. Come 2025 I will answer which is the best season :p

I always skip the reward challenges and if there is a tribe I don't like and they go to tribal council I'll shave 10-15 minutes off the episode.

I don't see the point in wasting time watching people who don't make the merge.

Alright guess this thread works for this.

If Survivor was to ever do a Heroes vs Villains 2 but only using people from seasons 21-39, who would you like to see cast?
I feel like there's a few locks like Christian and Devens but would be interested to hear from others.

Alright guess this thread works for this.

If Survivor was to ever do a Heroes vs Villains 2 but only using people from seasons 21-39, who would you like to see cast?
I feel like there's a few locks like Christian and Devens but would be interested to hear from others.

Sticking with 1 time players.
Also doing what they did with HvV1 which is casting the best people, not casting for the theme

Heroes
Christian (37)
Brice (28)
Albert (23)
Rick (38)
Michael (36)
Hannah (33)
Ali (35)
Laurel (36)
Gabby (37)
Lauren (39)

Villains
Rodney (30)
Marty (21)
Nick (32)
Reynold (26)
Dom (36)
Trish (28)
Cydney (32)
Lauren (35)
Allison (37)
Victoria (38)

Could name another 20 easily though.

Also doing what they did with HvV1 which is casting the best people, not casting for the theme

Heroes
Christian (37)
Brice (28)
Albert (23)
Rick (38)
Michael (36)
Hannah (33)
Ali (35)
Laurel (36)
Gabby (37)
Lauren (39)

Villains
Rodney (30)
Marty (21)
Nick (32)
Reynold (26)
Dom (36)
Trish (28)
Cydney (32)
Lauren (35)
Allison (37)
Victoria (38)

I'll do my own list soon, but one of my locks is Jay from MvGX as a villain.

I'll do my own list soon, but one of my locks is Jay from MvGX as a villain.

Jay's a very good call, although I don't know whether Survivor would ever have him back now he's in the MTV world, and I don't know if he'd choose Survivor over the Challenge either.

Heroes
Christian (37)
Brice (28)
Albert (23)
Rick (38)
Michael (36)
Hannah (33)
Ali (35)
Laurel (36)
Gabby (37)
Lauren (39)

Prince Albert?

I thought he was fairly dislikable by the end of his season.

Prince Albert?

I thought he was fairly dislikable by the end of his season.
That's fair, there was a funny 115 entry recently on how his downfall was actually he was too nice but it was never really shown on the TV show so he just came across as a bit of a dick. Reynold was originally a hero when I drew it up so you could probably switch them.

I also had Devens as a villain at first but figured that would probably not be a popular call.

That's fair, there was a funny 115 entry recently on how his downfall was actually he was too nice but it was never really shown on the TV show so he just came across as a bit of a dick. Reynold was originally a hero when I drew it up so you could probably switch them.

I also had Devens as a villain at first but figured that would probably not be a popular call.
I'd have Devens as a villain as well.

Fallen angel arc

Going on the show edit it went downhill when he took immunity from Brandon.

Alright I think I've settled on my list.

Heroes
Christian (David vs Goliath)
Cydney (Kaoh Rong)
Davie (David vs Goliath)
Jessica (Millennials vs Gen X)
Devon (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
Trish (Cagayan)
Hayden (Blood vs Water)
Gabby (David vs Goliath)
Fabio (Nicaragua)
Jenn (Worlds Apart)

Villains
Jay (Millennials vs Gen X)
Angelina (David vs Goliath)
Marty (Nicaragua)
Figgy (Millenials vs Gen X)
Domenick (Ghost Island)
Carolyn (Worlds Apart)
Rodney (Worlds Apart)
Victoria (Edge of Extinction)
Devens (Edge of Extinction)
Stephanie (Redemption Island)

A lot of DvG on the Heroes, could probably switch Gabby for Hannah from MvGX.
Many male villains on the shortlist as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the earlier days, I am fondest of the first two and first All Stars, but that might be down to more FTA support and water cooler relevance. Australia front-to-back might be the best to revisit. From the late 00s you have more of a cynical game mentality which makes for great tv, but by then they started to blur together for me.

Alright I think I've settled on my list.

Heroes
Christian (David vs Goliath)
Cydney (Kaoh Rong)
Davie (David vs Goliath)
Jessica (Millennials vs Gen X)
Devon (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
Trish (Cagayan)
Hayden (Blood vs Water)
Gabby (David vs Goliath)
Fabio (Nicaragua)
Jenn (Worlds Apart)

Villains
Jay (Millennials vs Gen X)
Angelina (David vs Goliath)
Marty (Nicaragua)
Figgy (Millenials vs Gen X)
Domenick (Ghost Island)
Carolyn (Worlds Apart)
Rodney (Worlds Apart)
Victoria (Edge of Extinction)
Devens (Edge of Extinction)
Stephanie (Redemption Island)

A lot of DvG on the Heroes, could probably switch Gabby for Hannah from MvGX.
Many male villains on the shortlist as well.
Well done on the list, looks like a great cast!

Having said that I don't think we'll ever see a HvV 2 season, I think as great as it could be it would always be compared unfavourably to the original and could never live up to the expectations. Everyime they've repeated a popular season theme it's turned out nowhere near as good as the original - see Fans vs Favourites 2, Brains v Brawn v Beauty 2 and Blood Vs Water 2.

One season theme I feel they might repeat for the next all-returnee season would be Second Chance 2, in which case they could use the exact same cast you've nominated (I don't think any of those have played twice already).

Well done on the list, looks like a great cast!

Having said that I don't think we'll ever see a HvV 2 season, I think as great as it could be it would always be compared unfavourably to the original and could never live up to the expectations. Everyime they've repeated a popular season theme it's turned out nowhere near as good as the original - see Fans vs Favourites 2, Brains v Brawn v Beauty 2 and Blood Vs Water 2.

One season theme I feel they might repeat for the next all-returnee season would be Second Chance 2, in which case they could use the exact same cast you've nominated (I don't think any of those have played twice already).
Yeah agreed - it's unrealistic for a number of reasons as I don't think they'd do a HvV2 either and there's no way it would only have one timers like my list does.

I would absolutely love a Second Chances 2 though.

Second Chances was great cause the cast were at a much even level than most returnee casts, there was no Boston Rob equivalent that's a clear target off the bat. I believe Production loved that season too, so I'd surprised if the next returnee season isnt another Second Chances tbh.

Ok I just finished watching s.18 Tocantins which I didn’t watch back in the day. I’d agree probably a top 5 season with a very worthy winner.

In saying JT deserved to win I do think it was a bunch of pretty weak players around him. Stephen was very good tactically but just couldn’t match the good bloke country boy charm of JT. Otherwise there were no other tactically savvy players except for maybe Brendon who sat back too long without doing enough before elimination.

I’ve seen Coach’s other seasons and can’t stand him, but this season still shocked me in revealing the biggest blowhard w***er this game (and maybe the world) has ever seen. Even in the family reunion the only person they could drag along was his assistant coach? How pathetic. That said, I’ve never laughed so hard or chewed down my own vomit so diligently as when he told that story about being captured by the “4 and a half feet tall” tribe on the Amazon who beat him and were going to “eat his ass”. Fair dinkum. I couldn’t play this game with him without drowning him in the river.

I thought Tyson was pretty funny but came across as very nasty and immature. I get why he disliked Sierra who was dumb as a post but I think he was just plain mean and nasty at times.

JT was very worthy though. Played to his strengths as was very likeable and also had the good fortune to have some co-ordination and fitness against an otherwise mostly hopeless bunch.

JT’s limitations were highlighted when playing against a better bunch of players in HvV. Should have just stuck to the good guy thing and not tried to think too much and balls up his game with the dumb move of sucking up to the devil.

Anyway as I said, enjoyable season entertainment wise.

Ok I just finished watching s.18 Tocantins which I didn’t watch back in the day. I’d agree probably a top 5 season with a very worthy winner.

In saying JT deserved to win I do think it was a bunch of pretty weak players around him. Stephen was very good tactically but just couldn’t match the good bloke country boy charm of JT. Otherwise there were no other tactically savvy players except for maybe Brendon who sat back too long without doing enough before elimination.

I’ve seen Coach’s other seasons and can’t stand him, but this season still shocked me in revealing the biggest blowhard w***er this game (and maybe the world) has ever seen. Even in the family reunion the only person they could drag along was his assistant coach? How pathetic. That said, I’ve never laughed so hard or chewed down my own vomit so diligently as when he told that story about being captured by the “4 and a half feet tall” tribe on the Amazon who beat him and were going to “eat his ass”. Fair dinkum. I couldn’t play this game with him without drowning him in the river.

I thought Tyson was pretty funny but came across as very nasty and immature. I get why he disliked Sierra who was dumb as a post but I think he was just plain mean and nasty at times.

JT was very worthy though. Played to his strengths as was very likeable and also had the good fortune to have some co-ordination and fitness against an otherwise mostly hopeless bunch.

JT’s limitations were highlighted when playing against a better bunch of players in HvV. Should have just stuck to the good guy thing and not tried to think too much and balls up his game with the dumb move of sucking up to the devil.

I think what we've learned since is that the duo of Stephen and JT need each other basically.

Yeah, I love Tocantins, but it's strategically a very weak season.

I love Coach in this season though. He's in on the joke in the other seasons he plays and its too over the top, but in Tocantins he's arguably the best character the shows ever had. He thinks he's going to be viewed as this deep, intellectual guy with this incredible past and the hero of the season, and he's the butt of the joke instead.

19_33.jpg

Yeah, I love Tocantins, but it's strategically a very weak season.

I love Coach in this season though. He's in on the joke in the other seasons he plays and its too over the top, but in Tocantins he's arguably the best character the shows ever had. He thinks he's going to be viewed as this deep, intellectual guy with this incredible past and the hero of the season, and he's the butt of the joke instead.

19_33.jpg
The constant eye rolling by the rest of the cast is hilarious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back