Autopsy Swans Avada Kedavra the frack outta Richmond 122-78

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to go back and watch the replay.

Last night was a mix of red wine and tears.
Wife worked with the paramedic who was murdered yesterday. 11 years as mates.
Oh noe. My condolences to yr wife. All of sydney pretty much up in arms about it, so tragic.

That was one of the gutsiest wins of recent memories.
Reminded me of the passion that started during covid times.

You can see the side just transition and mature. So well coached by horse and co.

I think everyone else has summed up the ups n downs . However, mentally, that was a season defining match.
My sympathies to your wife and all HCW.
<virtual hugs>

Stephens has been getting the ball, and has been playing his role pretty well, running up and down the field, his disposal by foot has just been terrible...

True

though his disposal efficiency is better than Warner and Gulden

True

though his disposal efficiency is better than Warner and Gulden
When Warner and Gulden turn it over I kinda understand what they were going for, when Stephens turns it over I have no clue what he was thinking.

Stephens has been getting the ball, and has been playing his role pretty well, running up and down the field, his disposal by foot has just been terrible...
I could be completely wrong, but I feel like Stephen’s is not a very agile or compact player. He takes big strides (so changing direction to gain space is hard) and his kicks have a bit of a wind up (eg. compare with Warner who just stabs the thing with no backswing).

I think this means that Stephens struggles a bit when the pressure rises, space is tight or it’s a wet game.

He could try to change how he moves but this would be a slow burn. I think more so he needs to build confidence to take his first option without delay so he has more time to execute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakey was shocking, he'd go streaming into the forward line from midfield, make 40 different plans, execute non of them and stuff it up completely.

Set shot he is reliable I reckon

Even in victory we need to find whipping boys.

Stephens was fine.

McI was fine.

Harry did his job.

And if you think anyone in the 2’s is screaming “pick me!” (With Sheldrick injured), think again.
Yeah, didn't feel like I was criticising him. We rely on him a lot for outlet kicks and pressuring opposition players.

Stephens runs his guts out, he has been jerked around a lot, least of our concerns at the moment, it will all click as the gap between best and worst closes.

He is quick, runs at top speed the most, and gets to a lot of contests

I was driving for work last night so only got to watch the game now. Some thoughts:

1. That last eight minutes. Wow.

2. Tongue Papley. Also wow. Pretty much everything went right for him, but that's because his work rate was insane. He made his own luck.

3. Until the hammy pop, Amartey had the "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are witnessing the arrival of a new football talent" feel about him. So sad about the injury, but I think we might just have a real good 'un there.

4. Some on here are a bit hard on Hayden McLean. I think it was an almost night for him.

5. And I think people are way too hard on Hakka. I saw at least two goal assists from him in the first quarter and from memory another in the last term. Laid a great tackle, was in the thick of it a lot. Watch the replay if you disagree.

6. That Picket guy is a PoS. Second letter of his name should be an "r". Blakey on the ground was clearly in great discomfort and to go over to a man lying on the ground in such discomfort and interfere with him was disgusting.

7. I think Ladhams is maturing. That brain fade in the final term, where he threw the ball in Richmond's F50 giving Riewoldt a shot on goal - he just laughed at himself and didn't let it get to him. I think the facial expression was very telling. (Mind you, if Richmond were trailing by five it might have been a different story.)

Also I wonder if people are reading too much into his body language. Ruckmen are always big, and most of them are big and lumbering. A ruckman looking awkward??!! Stop the presses! They're not competing in the Concours d'Elegance.

8. I really don't like the haircuts the youngsters are wearing these days. Most of them just look stupid.

I was driving for work last night so only got to watch the game now. Some thoughts:

1. That last eight minutes. Wow.

2. Tongue Papley. Also wow. Pretty much everything went right for him, but that's because his work rate was insane. He made his own luck.

3. Until the hammy pop, Amartey had the "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are witnessing the arrival of a new football talent" feel about him. So sad about the injury, but I think we might just have a real good 'un there.

4. Some on here are a bit hard on Hayden McLean. I think it was an almost night for him.

5. And I think people are way too hard on Hakka. I saw at least two goal assists from him in the first quarter and from memory another in the last term. Laid a great tackle, was in the thick of it a lot. Watch the replay if you disagree.

6. That Picket guy is a PoS. Second letter of his name should be an "r". Blakey on the ground was clearly in great discomfort and to go over to a man lying on the ground in such discomfort and interfere with him was disgusting.

7. I think Ladhams is maturing. That brain fade in the final term, where he threw the ball in Richmond's F50 giving Riewoldt a shot on goal - he just laughed at himself and didn't let it get to him. I think the facial expression was very telling. (Mind you, if Richmond were trailing by five it might have been a different story.)

Also I wonder if people are reading too much into his body language. Ruckmen are always big, and most of them are big and lumbering. A ruckman looking awkward??!! Stop the presses! They're not competing in the Concours d'Elegance.

8. I really don't like the haircuts the youngsters are wearing these days. Most of them just look stupid.
I guess I should know the answer to this but in point 5, who is Hakka?

That was one of the gutsiest wins of recent memories.
Reminded me of the passion that started during covid times.

You can see the side just transition and mature. So well coached by horse and co.

I think everyone else has summed up the ups n downs . However, mentally, that was a season defining match.
Sorry about your wife's colleague. Absolutely awful. We've had a bit to do with paras recently. They are just the best.

Sorry about your wife's colleague. Absolutely awful. We've had a bit to do with paras recently. They are just the best.
Cheers. He was a Bulli local . Epic nurse.
Before he rolled into being a paramedic.
Anyways. Its only a footy game eh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back