Banter Observations of the Swans Board from a Newbie

Remove this Banner Ad

JackHiscoxWasFast

All Australian
Nov 30, 2023
AFL Club
Sydney
Greetings all. After reading through 250 different threads, thought I would share my observations.

1. I’m so glad to be a swans fan - such a respectful yet passionate group of people mostly done in good spirit.
2. Some really smart pieces of analysis and lots of folk in the know with the club, even some dads of current players online and for sure a player or 2.
3. Not too many angry rants but lots of banter
4. No one really gets picked on - everyone’s fair game
5. Game day threads - where normally mild mannered rational people sometimes lose their minds.

Just brief observations on some of the members:

Jewlesbon: Lovely and kind
Sataris: Dry, ironic sense of humour
Dubai Quacker: very funny individual
Bloods86: The goat in player analysis
Ticky009: Very sharp and welcoming
GU Horace: Love his anecdotes about the Bloods

Bedford: Think I need to earn his respect, he doesn’t like fast players as much as I do

Overall, loving the banter on here. Think I’ll stay if you’ll have me.

Greetings all. After reading through 250 different threads, thought I would share my observations.

1. I’m so glad to be a swans fan - such a respectful yet passionate group of people mostly done in good spirit.
2. Some really smart pieces of analysis and lots of folk in the know with the club, even some dads of current players online and for sure a player or 2.
5. Game day threads - where normally mild mannered rational people sometimes lose their minds.

Bedford: Think I need to earn his respect, he doesn’t like fast players as much as I do

You are so wrong about Jewelsbon

Hey mate, he nailed it! I am the epitome of lovely and kind! Just ask me I'll tell you....

See everyone, that's what divorce does, sours everything 🤷 I'll never take you back now!

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Ah, fresh meat. Still very wet behind the ears...

Get comfy and relax. Glad you had a look around, so enjoy! You have time until Rd 1 next season.

But I give you until our first match day thread during a loss before you begin to question your own sanity and that of the other posters... It'll be your coming of age moment on this board. Will he stay? Will he delete his account? Time will tell!

Best of luck!

We've got another one bluffed guys!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings

After reading this thread, thought I would share my observations.

1. I’m so glad to be a swans fan - As I bought a lot of merchandise and it makes sense to keep going.
2. Some real smart arses and lots of folk who think they are in the know with the club, dads of current players online and for sure a former room mate which makes them absolutely nothing.
3. Not too many angry ants but a few
4. Everyone gets picked on - everyone’s fair game
5. Game day threads -true colours.

Just brief observations on this member:

JackHiscoxWasFast: Is a brown nose

He should leave, but not until I do.

We need more posts about BF posters posting about other BF posters

Anyone game to do one about posters from other boards? Might not be that worthwhile because we might not know who they are/get it. I haven't been around long enough, nor spent enough time on the main boards, to have much familiarity with posters from other boards.

Anyone game to do one about posters from other boards? Might not be that worthwhile because we might not know who they are/get it. I haven't been around long enough, nor spent enough time on the main boards, to have much familiarity with posters from other boards.
I can't say with certainty, but I think there'd be a number of Crows posters that would have to be some of the most unpopular around these parts? They didn't cover themselves in glory during the Tippett saga, then they were annoying during the Dawson trade, and of course Rd23 last year.

Brisbane lads are good for a laugh. They have a thread dedicated to us on their board that gets a bump in the lead up to playing them. "Why are Sydney so piss weak?" I think it's called?

Wait till we have a few losses next season.

You can just refer to me by name. I'll allow it.

For now.
Now I sought to understand the true meaning of Sataris and monarch is unfortunately not part of the lexicon. I thought it might be a take on Satirist but on closer inspection I found the following and I quote: “Sataris is a born peacemaker, driven by a desire to settle conflicts and create harmony. They are a healer and a visionary, longing to make the world a better place.”

Now I sought to understand the true meaning of Sataris and monarch is unfortunately not part of the lexicon. I thought it might be a take on Satirist but on closer inspection I found the following and I quote: “Sataris is a born peacemaker, driven by a desire to settle conflicts and create harmony. They are a healer and a visionary, longing to make the world a better place.”
This would also be an apt description of rustycrate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back