Autopsy Swans Avada Kedavra the frack outta Richmond 122-78

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Papley was on a mission. He was in the zone in the second half.
Mills went back at times and was Mills.
The Chad is just so powerful and impactful and everywhere.
McDonald contributed to so many goals. He is legit a leader and has full membership.
Blakey is Mr Chaos. He creates it. Love his endeavor.
Stephens is like McDonald. He belongs now. He is doing more inside stuff. I was watching him on repeat and he cruises around on the inside, up and down the field. He is involving himself more. Like that he is kicking goals and setting them up. Routinely.
Campbell looks like he wants to beast. Loved that goal from wide out at a tight angle. Easy.
Amartey was a presence until injred. A huge loss.
Heeney was back to his best. A genuine FF.
Little Chad did not disappoint and did some good things. And a goal!! A great debut.
Haywood does a lot of good things that do not get noticed. Lots of marks out on the wing. Very good contested marks. Does them with ease. He is very good above his shoulders. A hard matchup for any defender.
Roberts does some good things. Still finding his feet. Good that he is getting consistent game time.

I thought Papley was on a mission. He was in the zone in the second half.
Mills went back at times and was Mills.
The Chad is just so powerful and impactful and everywhere.
McDonald contributed to so many goals. He is legit a leader and has full membership.
Blakey is Mr Chaos. He creates it. Love his endeavor.
Stephens is like McDonald. He belongs now. He is doing more inside stuff. I was watching him on repeat and he cruises around on the inside, up and down the field. He is involving himself more. Like that he is kicking goals and setting them up. Routinely.
Campbell looks like he wants to beast. Loved that goal from wide out at a tight angle. Easy.
Amartey was a presence until injred. A huge loss.
Heeney was back to his best. A genuine FF.
Little Chad did not disappoint and did some good things. And a goal!! A great debut.
Haywood does a lot of good things that do not get noticed. Lots of marks out on the wing. Very good contested marks. Does them with ease. He is very good above his shoulders. A hard matchup for any defender.
Roberts does some good things. Still finding his feet. Good that he is getting consistent game time.
Great post , although Hayward worries me , has the ability to do so much more , but 8 marks were good

Great win , Paps unbelievable , as was Warner and Blakey . Campbell's best game and let's hope he continues the upward trend . Downside , Parker off the boil , Wayward another Gary Rohan performance , Ladhams better but only 1 mark , might as well get Naismith back mid season .
Also anyone that thinks the umpiring has improved has NFI
Having said that , Naismith had 48 hit outs today for Port , but not 1 mark !

I was driving for work last night so only got to watch the game now. Some thoughts:

1. That last eight minutes. Wow.

2. Tongue Papley. Also wow. Pretty much everything went right for him, but that's because his work rate was insane. He made his own luck.

3. Until the hammy pop, Amartey had the "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are witnessing the arrival of a new football talent" feel about him. So sad about the injury, but I think we might just have a real good 'un there.

4. Some on here are a bit hard on Hayden McLean. I think it was an almost night for him.

5. And I think people are way too hard on Hakka. I saw at least two goal assists from him in the first quarter and from memory another in the last term. Laid a great tackle, was in the thick of it a lot. Watch the replay if you disagree.

6. That Picket guy is a PoS. Second letter of his name should be an "r". Blakey on the ground was clearly in great discomfort and to go over to a man lying on the ground in such discomfort and interfere with him was disgusting.

7. I think Ladhams is maturing. That brain fade in the final term, where he threw the ball in Richmond's F50 giving Riewoldt a shot on goal - he just laughed at himself and didn't let it get to him. I think the facial expression was very telling. (Mind you, if Richmond were trailing by five it might have been a different story.)

Also I wonder if people are reading too much into his body language. Ruckmen are always big, and most of them are big and lumbering. A ruckman looking awkward??!! Stop the presses! They're not competing in the Concours d'Elegance.

8. I really don't like the haircuts the youngsters are wearing these days. Most of them just look stupid.
Have a look at his criminal history, 2 charges of assault and another few of aggravated burglary. No surprises that he is a piece of s**t on the footy field as well.

He would also be on half of Heeney salary!

Heeney should be around Greene level of output.
He is already at a Greene level of output. But a cleaner Greene level. Greene, like a few of his team mates, are killing the GWS salary cap.
Greene and his overpaid cronies will ensure GWS do not ever get to another grand final.
Heeney will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having said that , Naismith had 48 hit outs today for Port , but not 1 mark !
With respect, I would have had plenty of hit outs against the bullants today. He rucked against the weakest ruck opposition I have seen for a while.

On AFL web's TRSF Only Papley gets a mention for us. The story according to them was only Papley and Richmond's general malaise. Their coach gets more of a review than Blakey who wasn't mentioned at all.

had the feel of last week's game for a while. We should have been comfortably in front but they were still hanging around for ages - until the Tommy Gun went off. Great win. The backs got the job done through numbers and desperation. Blakey had a huge game. He still tries to do too much but he's a freaky lizard so you take that. Fox I thought battled admirably all night. Great to see Gould come in and play his role, albeit underdone and as the sub. I reckon Paddy's spot is probably his going forward barring more injury.
Corey Warner's first touch was brilliant and he handled the moment of his first goal well (Papley's work to set him up sublime. The highlight of the game). Too early to say what we've got there, but he looks promising.

It was never in doubt. I know everyone here was getting hysterical in the 3rd, but it never felt as precarious as last week. We always had just enough to keep them at arm's length. Even when they were piling on goals and cutting through us at will, we'd pop up with an unlikely goal to keep it manageable. Their defending was very shaky throughouYt the game. We were always gonna pull away in the 4th, which was clearly the scoring end.

Ladhams was much much better than given credit for. He pretty much dominated the ruck all game. A few mistakes aside, he was terrific. And Heeney was perfectly fine. The amount of invective towards him here is really untoward. People who want him replaced don't know what they're talking about. Also Hayward. He took some great marks just when we needed it.

I was not impressed with Gulden. He was just OK. His kicking and decision making seem to have noticeably regressed since he burst onto the scene. McDonald was pretty good early, but completely disappeared in the third quarter, which he does all too regularly.

Still, a great win. I'm surprised at how bad Richmond are.
I completely agree. For someone who can kick the ball beautifully his efficiency lately has been very ordinary. 60% for the past two weeks which ranks him in the bottom third of the team.
I couldn't believe that he didn't have a shot for goal after getting the 50 meter penalty late in the third. His decision making is no where near what it was last year.

I completely agree. For someone who can kick the ball beautifully his efficiency lately has been very ordinary. 60% for the past two weeks which ranks him in the bottom third of the team.
I couldn't believe that he didn't have a shot for goal after getting the 50 meter penalty late in the third. His decision making is no where near what it was last year.
Adjusting to speed in the middle, less time and space and probably more gut running too. Bit more space across half forward.

How lame was the knocking of Ladhams for the throw out of the ruck? Go back over the reels and you'd see a couple of those in every ruckman's career, including the very best. I distinctly remember Max Gawn getting done for this very thing (and then telling the umpire "mate you've got no idea"... ahhhh the days before dissent...)

How lame was the knocking of Ladhams for the throw out of the ruck? Go back over the reels and you'd see a couple of those in every ruckman's career, including the very best. I distinctly remember Max Gawn getting done for this very thing (and then telling the umpire "mate you've got no idea"... ahhhh the days before dissent...)
Yeah, I didn't think it was as dumb as everyone else, he tapped it too softly the first time and then tried to retap it. He never actually took possession, just look dumb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back