3 Dyson Heppell (ESS)

Guessing of course:
Gulden 5+4. 4+5
Langford 4+3. 5+2
Merrett 0+5. 1+4
Caldwell 3+0. 3+0
Amartey 2+1. 2+1
Heppell 1+2. 0+3
Heppell and Caldwell easily swap. IMO Caldwell WAY better than either Merrett or Heppell.
Amartey could be a 3+0 swap with Caldwell.
I fancy Horse on the left but 🤷

The 4th quarter fade outs is a combination of fitness & mentality. Think our poor fitness results in less run & carry which combined with our lack of confidence in results in poor disposal use both in skill errors & decisions. It needs to be an area of focus in the off-season, we need to nail some gameplans for the 4th quarter.

The 4th quarter fade outs is a combination of fitness & mentality. Think our poor fitness results in less run & carry which combined with our lack of confidence in results in poor disposal use both in skill errors & decisions. It needs to be an area of focus in the off-season, we need to nail some gameplans for the 4th quarter.
Talls always get us

Our language is changing all the time. In the past we would have said "I should have said this" which in written form was abbreviated to "I should've said this". Because this was pronounced as "should of" the younger generation now believe that of has replaced the word have. As a result they now write "I should of said this. Even many journalists, who should know better, use the word of. This is incorrect English but it will never go back.

Language is changing, but not the way you think it is.

Yes, adverbs like ‘quickly’ are being reduced to the noun- ‘quick’….But what you think is changing is only accepted by the stupid, the culturally demented and those who think it’s radical to butcher basic tenets.

Go to Oxford Uni and tell them you want a degree…because ‘language is changing’. Sit in front of a quality press Editor and tell them ‘should of’ is the correct past tense.

Better still, tell a Doctor he/she sat for a ‘Doctoring’ degree.

No…it’s not changing…it’s just being interfered with by the lesser educated (no issue there) , and a parade of pseudo- intellectual dweebs that have been given an irrelevant voice by social media. They got a degree, they never learned/learnt grammar or spelling.

They don’t like being told they’re failing in a basic skill.

Put it down to Modern Education.

Doesn’t make it right.

Even this forum respects the need to retain integrity within the language…hence the ‘Media faux pas’ board.

Don’t want rules? I commend Detroit street gang ‘jibber jabber’…see how far that gets you. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Language is changing, but not the way you think it is.

Yes, adverbs like ‘quickly’ are being reduced to the noun- ‘quick’….But what you think is changing is only the stupid, the culturally demented and those who think it’s radical to butcher basic tenets.

Go to Oxford Uni and tell them you want a degree…because ‘language is changing’. Sit in front of a quality press Editor and tell them ‘should of’ is the correct past tense.

Better still, tell a Doctor he/she sat for a ‘Doctoring’ degree.

No…it’s not changing…it’s just being interfered with by the lesser educated (no issue there) , and a parade of pseudo- intellectual dweebs that have been given an irrelevant voice by social media. They got a degree, they never learned/learnt grammar or spelling.

They don’t like being told they’re failing in a basic skill.

Put it down to Modern Education.

Doesn’t make it right.

Even this forum respects the need to retain integrity within the language…hence the ‘Media faux pas’ board.

Don’t want rules? I commend Detroit street gang ‘jibber jabber’…see how far that gets you. 🤦‍♂️
Still it's a kick

And you resort to cheap insults.

Language is indeed plastic, or whatever term you’d like to use. You in fact use words on a daily basis that, once upon a time, had entirely different meanings. They evolved.

You should, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you think I was directing my comment to you?

The term is stupid..,I’m yet to make a decision about you.

Yes, language evolves - slowly.

Yes, SM has accelerated that evolution very slightly…but as I stated - sit down in front of a group of Merchant Bankers, use the term ‘Check’ instead of ‘Cheque’……and they’ll think one of two things:

1- You read too much SM

2- You’re an Aussie who was educated in the US,

And when they discover you weren’t, guess what they’ll think. 😉

I’ll tell you. Pillock.

Now, do you see how ‘plasticised’ language is simply runny Horsesh1t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think I was directing my comment to you?

The term is stupid..,I’m yet to make a decision about you.

Yes, language evolves - slowly.

Yes, SM has accelerated that evolution very slightly…but as I stated - sit down in front of a group of Merchant Bankers, use the term ‘Check’ instead of ‘Cheque’……and they’ll think one of two things:

1- You read too much SM

2- You’re an Aussie who was educated in the US,

And when they discover you weren’t, guess what they’ll think. 😉

I’ll tell you. Pillock.

Now, do you see how ‘plasticised’ language is simply runny Horsesh1t?

What did I do?

Do we reckon injuries have caused us to go from the best 4th quarter team last year to one of the worst? We can hardly run out games this year.
My sense is that McCartin's injury along with both ruckman has played a big role in this. In 2022 we saw Paddy intercept and cut off numerous opposition forays on the wing to rebound the ball back into the Swans F50. How many times has this occurred in 2023 in his absence?

Wing intercepts mean less two way running for the midfielders and wingers who can then push harder in the 4th quarter as they haven't spent all their energy doubling back.

Hope some KPD / ruckman can be brought in via trade, free agency or draft over the off season.

The language debate is interesting,

In my experience people who complain about language changing also use the word 'meld' unironically.

And no 'meld' doesn't mean combining two things together. (or it didn't 100 years ago).

Nyc Mayoral Primary GIF by GIPHY News

My favorite is being insulted by using words that evolved in to insults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back