Heeney is needed forward

what's he need to learn?
Selflessness for the sake of the team.
Mills does it time & again.
Its why he is a Captain.
Parker does it too.
Heeney is a super talent.
It's just not consistent for him.
I'd love to see him tested in such a role.
We aren't winning against GWS this week so flip it around a little.
There's no reason why Heeney can't run off him to become an option for goal when we have the ball going forward.
The old Judd v Goodes challenge for Heeney v Greene.

Selflessness for the sake of the team.
Mills does it time & again.
Its why he is a Captain.
Parker does it too.
Heeney is a super talent.
It's just not consistent for him.
I'd love to see him tested in such a role.
We aren't winning against GWS this week so flip it around a little.
There's no reason why Heeney can't run off him to become an option for goal when we have the ball going forward.
The old Judd v Goodes challenge for Heeney v Greene.
`

Heeney is frustrating at times, especially kicking for goal, but I think he actually puts his body on the line and does that team selfleas thing more so than most

Actually more than Mills imo, the stuff you dont get a stat for

we all know how good gulden has so quickly become, and we've talked about his work rate ... but watching highlights again, the number of times gulden appears around the ball ... getting back to be one of the last men in defence, running past to offer an option to a teammate with the ball, lunging to make tackles or just to be involved, getting free out wide, particularly a few times late in the game ... and he can get up for a big grab!
gulden is a generational player ... and more than just a highly skilled and talented footballer, he's a leader by example
i made a reference weeks ago, but i'm happy to revisit: gulden is as close as i've seen to the type of player paul kelly was to the swans
That's a really interesting comment and I agree to an extent. However, they have different strengths with Kelly's high-flying marking being awe-inspiring but his kicking not as good as Errol's. Kell never dropped his knees, either.

That's a really interesting comment and I agree to an extent. However, they have different strengths with Kelly's high-flying marking being awe-inspiring but his kicking not as good as Errol's. Kell never dropped his knees, either.
Yeah, slightly different strengths imo. Gulden has Kelly covered for skills but Kelly had ridiculous strength for his size too which made him a nightmare to play on. He was also freakishly fast while bending down to collect or paddle the ball.

Last edited:
Stop making excuses for blatant ignorance.

It’s got nothing to do with language evolution - it’s to do with brain laziness in refusing to develop a vocab. more advanced than the neighbour‘s dog.

Tomoto is a fruit, not because of some ‘tribal choice’ - it’s a ripened flower ovary and contains a seed - anyone that calls it a veggie lost Trivial Pursuit too many times.

Same as ‘Generational’- it’s a noun describing a state, ‘once in a generation’ describes a DIFFERENT state.

Hey…why don’t we evolve the language and call everything Red, as Blue.

It’d really * with those Dee supporters!
Our language is changing all the time. In the past we would have said "I should have said this" which in written form was abbreviated to "I should've said this". Because this was pronounced as "should of" the younger generation now believe that of has replaced the word have. As a result they now write "I should of said this. Even many journalists, who should know better, use the word of. This is incorrect English but it will never go back.

It is a facet of Errol's game that served him well in his first year when you did get free kicks irrespective of dropping your knees, shrugging the shoulder etc. He has to get that out of his game now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only imagine how sad life must be for someone who can see nothing but negatives relating to anything and everything.
I'm wondering what your thoughts were of Parker last week when he was BOG.
That he played very well.

We still seem to be on the wrong side of the free kick count even when matches are at the SCG.

4 umpires has not made one iota of a difference they still get blindsided or on the wrong side to get a majority of the decisions correct.

What i dont understand is some of the blatant ones they miss we were denied a shot at goal with front on contact to Hayward which im baffled how that one could of been missed by all 4 of them.

IMG_4739.jpeg

A lot of discussion in the draft and trade thread, but for mine, if you find yourself 37 points up in the third quarter then scrape through by two points, it is a coaching issue. Not a player issue …

View attachment 1760535

A lot of discussion in the draft and trade thread, but for mine, if you find yourself 37 points up in the third quarter then scrape through by two points, it is a coaching issue. Not a player issue …
Or a fitness issue brought on by a particularly bad year for injuries.

John, John me old mate, me old mukker, you know I stand up for you as much as possible on here and yes we've won the last 3 games with him as the 23rd man but

STOP PICKING ******* CLARKE AS THE ******* SUB

Just another couple of things, I know you cop a lot for moving Mills back, but with Rampe down and the defence under siege perhaps you could have moved him back, even as a one on one defender, given he wasn't impacting the game much upfield?
And McDonald, Campbell on the bench late, with Clarke and Wicks running around ineffectively, when we had interchanges available, perhaps a rethink there, given one is a good mark and the other one of our best kicks, something you wouldn't necessarily say about either Clarke or Wicks?

Now back to you plebs;
I mentioned last week after the Freo game;
Hopefully everyone one pulls up OK. Noticed a few players carrying their boots as they saluted the fans.
Surely can't be coincidental how many soft tissues injuries Freo and West Coast suffer.

One of those guys was Parker.
Buddy, Rampe subbed out with calf issues, Parker struggling, cause/effect?

Reading the thread and not seeing much love for Tom McCartin.
Yep Wright kicked 4, but I thought Tom was actually very good.
17 1%s for us, next best was 4.
9 intercepts. Only Harry Cunningham who was also very handy had more (10).
Actually given we lost the I50s 69-47 I thought a few of our defenders did very well (Tom, Harry, Jake and when he was back I thought McInerney was very good, particularly late).

Really pleased to see Chad with his mojo back.
Took the game on and was much more reminiscent of the Chad of last year.

Commentator mentioned the vast majority of Amartey's goals come in the first half.
Maybe he will be unable to, but if he could develop a 4Qtr tank, it would really benefit him and us. (I do acknowledge he had a couple of key moments late).

And as for that Gulden chappie.
Obviously don't want to jump the gun but I'd be leaning towards extending his contract (OOC end of 2024).

gulden can get up, maybe not as high ... yet
i'd like to think the dropping crap will be removed from his game (as older players "educate" him on how shite it is)
and gulden just turned 21, he's still improving ...

Yeah, slightly different strengths imo. Gulden has Kelly covered for skills but Kelly had ridiculous strength for his size too which made him a nightmare to play on. He was also freakishly fast while bending down to collect or paddle the ball.

i think the real standout link is they both had the insatiable desire to be involved ... gulden just keeps going, drives himself to where the ball and the contest is, and kelly had hunger that too
yes, there's differences in certain elements and abilities but the big similarity, to me, is that inspirational leadership by example

Remove this Banner Ad

Back