Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

freo yeah interesting, a few missing like us, but not sure where that club is, seem to escape criticism

They have some good players in that side yet seem to be going nowhere, should be under more pressure imo.

Today's game finally confirmed to me what I have been unwilling to admit for some time - our list is bottom 4 in the comp.

The decision making under the slightest hint of pressure when cool heads are required is poor.

Fumbling of simple hand passes and dropping of very catchable marks is nothing short of embarrassing.

The failure to hit up simple leads and overlapping runners by foot is abominable.

Our foot skills are so bad that it makes you wonder if most of our blokes could beat a one-legged guy in an arsekicking contest. Our kicking to disadvantage is a particular lowlight.

Nothing less than a top 3 draft pick will even begin to compensate for the rubbish served up this season, culminating in the single worst performance in recent memory.

I am not drunk enough but the night is still young...

He might be when he comes back, who’s to know? He may be ordinary, again, who’s to know? He deserves the opportunity after 18 months out doesn’t he?

Almost rather Sinclair anyway

You tell me why he doesn’t and I’ll tell you he’s contracted to do so!

yep because he is contracted he deserves a shot in the neafl

im not sure i would have given the extension out, wasn't that impressed

Once Blakey learns how to run and bounce he will be good. Papley should be given a 15 year contract
Cost us the game if we are fairdinkum.
He hit a Freo player 10m out from our goals about 6 times on the chest.
There's our problem right there with & with no quality tap ruckman it's once again cost us another game.

They have some good players in that side yet seem to be going nowhere, should be under more pressure imo.

they are a pretty big club, thrown cash around had good players and picks and 0 flags

suns cop it, saints cop it

freo don't

Lloyd had it 42 times...don’t know how many were kick outs, it seemed he made some really poor decions around the ground with his disposal...not to mention a really gettable one that probably wins it. Love to know how the club rates that performance.

Well when I started a thread on said spud a few years back pointing out how criminally overrated he was I was abused and ridiculed to the point that I thought I was Goodseys soul mate.

But hey, what the hell would I know. He is a Supercoach star after alll...

yep because he is contracted he deserves a shot in the neafl

im not sure i would have given the extension out, wasn't that impressed
Well let’s hope he’s better this time around. At least after re-signing his contract, he hasn’t lost a game!

Negative - The absence of composure.

You could see it in Pap's game. First half he was brilliant but burnt some mates in shooting for gial. He could had two or three.

Clearly he is given a massive rocket at half time. In the second half he wins possession three or four shots on goal but instead robotically centred to a nest of Shockers.

Composure includes decision making. By games end the little bloke was frustrated out of his mind and unwilling to back himself.

i have no proof of what happened at half time, but Tom's subsequent behaviour is good circumstantial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well when I started a thread on said spud a few years back pointing out how criminally overrated he was I was abused and ridiculed to the point that I thought I was Goodseys soul mate.

But hey, what the hell would I know. He is a Supercoach star after alll...
Lloyd is a good player for us. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Sure sometimes he has a poorer game. Is there a player who doesn't?

Not sure why people are sticking a fork in Kennedy. He’s played some truly dominant games this year, the odd down one is to be expected at his age but he’s still easily a top 10 player if not top 5.

Overall a game of disappointing skill but good effort. At times we looked brilliant, but regularly failed to capitalise. Story of the season really.

It’s not the end of the world though. We have good young players, teams go up and down. We’ve truly been spoiled with our success that this season is considered panic stations.

McCartins goal kicking is an issue, but his general play , marking, effort, read of the play was fantastic

should he go to defence and take melicans spot

melicans giving up space too often, loses touch, and when near a contest gets out marked.

doesnt get the ball to offset it

if buddy is fit you have him reid Blakey so McCartin is free for defence in that regard

we barely play forwards anyway, i also think McCartin showed a fair bit in defence, did want him forward but his goal kicking and melicans form make me rethink it

Skills didn’t stand up to the wind last week or the greasy conditions tonight.

Unfortunately younger players don’t have that steady increasing career trajectory but rather periods where they seem way off. We have a few off at the moment but it happens.

The effort is there but we line up without a recognised ruck and it cost us.

Clarke had his best game for us.

Not sure why people are sticking a fork in Kennedy. He’s played some truly dominant games this year, the odd down one is to be expected at his age but he’s still easily a top 10 player if not top 5.

Overall a game of disappointing skill but good effort. At times we looked brilliant, but regularly failed to capitalise. Story of the season really.

It’s not the end of the world though. We have good young players, teams go up and down. We’ve truly been spoiled with our success that this season is considered panic stations.

still good, just lost a yard imo and its just my view

I think i am also gun shy as we keep these guys way beyond the usee by date

its better to let kennedy go thinking maybe he had a bit left in the tank

2020 could be a massive drop off, we seem to keep doing this with old blokes from 2012

Lloyd is a good player for us. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Sure sometimes he has a poorer game. Is there a player who doesn't?

he gets it so often is the issue, because he slows and goes backwards or wide , puts team mates under the pump

Lloyd had it 42 times...don’t know how many were kick outs

Going to guesstimate that 6 or 7 were kick outs.

42 disposals but only 35 possessions and 1 free kick for.

Stoddart was hardly sighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back