SweetFA Season 26 SweetRankings

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know about my logarithm, but the algorithm factors in a number of variables and I'm OK with the output even if it looks odd on face value.
If you want to factor in pure DT votes, you had the 3rd highest for the game, so I don't think you're too disadvantaged here. You got 3 votes, 3rd best on ground.
I kicked 9 goals

I thought it worked off scaling up positions. I would have thought 98 DT points for a full forward is the equivalent of 150 for a midfielder, considering the average 5 goal haul gets you about 50 DT points.

I thought it worked off scaling up positions. I would have thought 98 DT points for a full forward is the equivalent of 150 for a midfielder, considering the average 5 goal haul gets you about 50 DT points.
The SweetRankings were designed to be a rankings system that discounted any bias with the hope to give a fair and even ranking to every player each week.

By no means is this a perfect system. Balancing out the differences between the positions is part of it, but it also factors in a number of other factors based on trends noticed through looking at past seasons in the hope of trying to make it equal across the board.
Unfortunately some of these assumptions, based on the majority of data, cause some players to be rated worse than they deserve, but for the most part I think it's given the desired output.

I think I put an explanation behind it in the original SweetRankings thread way back when and I've adjusted it to be fairer across positions - if I used the original formula a massive goal effort would be lucky to crack the top 10 rankings for a game.

Correct, the OP explains the Swankie (which doesn't use posting stats)

If it's any help it seems like the TC button is back permanently now.

If it's any help it seems like the TC button is back permanently now.
I'll keep an eye on it going forward, I've committed to this for now.

If the button hangs around I might have a season wrap up based on the "posting stats included" algorithm.

Y'all need to shut up and let the man work. Broken doesn't make up the results, the algorithm spits them out and he just posts them, cut him some slack, jeez.

Y'all need to shut up and let the man work. Broken doesn't make up the results, the algorithm spits them out and he just posts them, cut him some slack, jeez.

No.
It’s how the SFA deals with things that are different, we poke and prod and whine and bitch until it dies.
Ends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The DERF >>>>>>>>>> The Swankie.

XlHg4AB.png

I thought I might have snuck in this week. I caned two opponents while my team slid and slithered into oblivion around me. And when will the pretzels get be here? Very cool stats, Broken. Keep it up. Forever. Even after we've all gone. I have a staple gun.

I thought I might have snuck in this week. I caned two opponents while my team slid and slithered into oblivion around me. And when will the pretzels get be here? Very cool stats, Broken. Keep it up. Forever. Even after we've all gone. I have a staple gun.
Fine. I'll rub the lotion on the skin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back