Preview Sydney Swans v North Melbourne in Tassie Marsh community game Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to think the same about Tom Mitchell. Great at getting his hands on it, could be better at disposal. Good signs though, I guess you have to get your hands on it first. Hopefully Florent will improve his disposal as he gains more experience and finds a little more space to work in. He's become a very good player for his age. Hopefully an improving Swans midfield will help him lift another level.

If anything I think Florent is very good at finding space, just lacking the composure to use it well. Still think he'll learn that though. Once he has the confidence and experience to know that he is faster than the vast majority of his opponents, he'll start realising he has more time and space than he thinks he does, and will put a bit more poise on his kicks.
I think it's a very redeemable flaw in his game unlike many who have faults that you can't teach or improve.

Coming into winter the situation in Australia will get much worse. Will any team want to be travelling by plane ? I can't see teams wanting to drive between cities or to play in empty stadiums (a natural advantage for GWS as they're used to it). There's a huge potential for a whole team getting the virus. It may not knock the players around too much but Kenny will need to keep his distance.
There has been a mention of charter flights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back