Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this list is more to the point than Callaghan's NAB League team the Sandringham Dragons.....one names sticks out like dog's testicles.

Both Fischer McAsey and Josh Worrell are products of the Sandringham Dragons and they extended their contract, I think the biggest worry is the close family connection to Luke Beveridge who he often meets at family gatherings and who apparently gives him football advice and some mentoring
He'd struggle to get consistent games in the Bulldogs, he'd be better off at another team.

I'd be a bit wary if Callaghan slips past GWS and GC. I mean sure they may have rated others higher but again, if we are strongly considering him, the due diligence would have to be of the highest order. Now in saying that, maybe once a kid like that gets into our system under Nicks who it can not be disputed has turned the culture of our footy club around, they might really buy in and the flight risk becomes less. But my point is with his links, just make sure as much as is possible every I is dotted and every T is crossed

We could say the same for JFH.. he has said he would prefer to stay in SA… that won’t stop North.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

He'd struggle to get consistent games in the Bulldogs, he'd be better off at another team.
A lot can change in 2 years. Liberatore turns 30 next year, Adam Treloar 29 next year, Macrae 28 next year, Lipinski looking elsewhere.

I reckon they could find a spot for an outside mid/wingman with little trouble.

Bailey Smith is their only real quality young mid.

Coaches award: Blake Howes
Most Improved Player: Mitch Owens
Honest efforts award: Charlie McKay
Fiercest Dragon: Liam Hayes
Mark of the year: Caleb Lewis
Goal of the year: Tom Blamires
Uh Oh

Just completely throwing something left field out there, but, what if we threw a combination of our 2022 1st and Fog at North and GC and saw if it grabbed their attention? Fog has shown bits, some real potential and might attract some real interest. He also might not ever actually become a reliable key forward.

It would be a risk for both sides of the trade, and would be a bold move, but if the player we get (whether JHF or Callaghan) becomes a dominant midfielder, it could be well worth it.

Not saying we should or would, just throwing something out there.
Putting aside the fact that we’d be ******* stupid to trade fog..

why would Fog even agree to go to either of those shitholes?..

you cant just trade players against their will..

Putting aside the fact that we’d be ******* stupid to trade fog..

why would Fog even agree to go to either of those shitholes?..

you cant just trade players against their will..

If Fog is the price to get pick 1, you take it and run. Fog isn't good enough of a prospect or a player you reject using him as piecemeal to get that prize

I dunno if pick 3 would interest me though. That's silly considering it doesn't get us a South Australian.

I wonder if it will be a bit like the Balme one where Melbourne goes the hard sell to retain him? Can't imagine they'd just stand idly by and watch someone who's been a key to them making a grand final walk
If Melb hadn’t announced earlier in the year that he was leaving, I’d be far less confident

If he's half as good as his old man I don't think any club that drafted him would be too disappointed.
Is he still eligible for Carlton FS, or has that boat sailed now?

So if we traded for Suns pick 3 using next year's first plus what ever they wanted as the sweetener would we be better off:

-Keeping 3 and 4 and drafting say Callaghan and Hobbs?

-Trading 3 and 23 for Richmond's 7 and 17 and drafting Hobbs at 4, Draper at 7 and best of who is left at 17?

-Trading 3 and 4 to North for pick 1 for Horne-Francis?
Picks 3 & 4 will slip to 5 & 6 with Darcy & Daicos matching bids... then can we get these players still?

Don't see us giving up 1st rounder next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure but under the proposal we would be getting the 5th & 6th best player.... & giving up our future 1st effectively for pick 5 not 3
you just need to forget Darcy and Diacos are there at all as they are not available to any other club with Collingwood and the Dogs declaring they will match any bids. So it is Horne then who goes at 2 & 3 then our pick 4 so if we somehow got pick 3 we get the 3rd available player along with the 4th if we still hold that pick. The question is, is the 3rd available player in this draft worth attempting by forgoing a possible top 5 picked player next year?

Sure but under the proposal we would be getting the 5th & 6th best player.... & giving up our future 1st effectively for pick 5 not 3
I don’t see it as any difference.
There may be FS next year that pushes that pick down.
We never had a chance at them anyway so IMO it’s irrelevant, we still get access to the players we want.
What if collingwood and dogs matched before Horne.
Does Horne suddenly become the 3rd best player in this draft?

If Fog is the price to get pick 1, you take it and run. Fog isn't good enough of a prospect or a player you reject using him as piecemeal to get that prize

I dunno if pick 3 would interest me though. That's silly considering it doesn't get us a South Australian.
No thanks.. no way i’m trading fog and our 2022 (or our 2021 for that matter) 1st for what will essentially be JHF..

JHF hasnt proven a ******* thing at AFL yet and, in my opinion, is massively overrated..

I watched that south adelaide game last weekend and * me there was some massive premature loads blown over his performance. Sure.. He did some nice things but the way many were carrying on you’d thing he was Dustin martin in one of his Norm smith GF games that day..

he’s nowhere near worth selling the farm for and theres a very good chance that in the years to come it emerges that he wasnt the best player in the 2021 draft class.

I don’t see it as any difference.
There may be FS next year that pushes that pick down.
We never had a chance at them anyway so IMO it’s irrelevant, we still get access to the players we want.
What if collingwood and dogs matched before Horne.
Does Horne suddenly become the 3rd best player in this draft?
I don't see why we would give up our future 1st rounder for effectively pick 5.

We are likely to only take 2 or 3 players in the national draft... & given we already have picks 4, 23 & 37 & Kelly compensation, we would end up wasting decent picks... unless they are traded for future picks.

This strategy makes no sense to me... but each to their own

I wonder if it will be a bit like the Balme one where Melbourne goes the hard sell to retain him? Can't imagine they'd just stand idly by and watch someone who's been a key to them making a grand final walk

his daughter is the motivation, and they played all their cards appealing to him to stay on for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back