Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Given Tasmania is the “Apple isle” my suggestion is:

The Scrumpies

or

The Tassie Scrumpies

FYI for those unfamiliar with the term, scrumpy is a rough apple cider

Devils would be fine/good, if it wasn't so similar to the Demons, and it made any sense with the colour green (which they absolutely should be). don't love that the NBL have already basically done it either, but that was a while ago now, so fair enough.

Axemen doesn't work for a future AFLW team, would need to be something else on that theme.

The Axewounds

Who will give Essendon a piggyback?

12 teams, 22 rounds, final 5/6.

WC are in. Let us know when 11 others have the cash. Have fun pooling the change from the cup holders in your car and from behind the cushions on your couch.
You know EFC have about 70 million dollars in assets outside of football don’t you?

Come across this. It’s a laugh and ive sent it to other Tasmanians in tassie who could see the funny side of it.

They’ll be the devils with this as their new mascot

24B60382-A528-448C-B945-E1AEE02F00E7.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TASMAN SHARKS

is the only answer

tigers/demons are taken
When was a shark last sighted in Tasmania? Then again, we don't have Lions or Tigers roaming this country and you don't see Bombers

If they go abstract, I could definitely see the 'Magic' or something along that theme getting up. You could still maybe incorporate the Tassie Devil into that somehow, likewise an Indigenous spirit, along with the witches, wizards, the mystical thylacine, dragons, etc. sort of thing. It could be a club with a throng of (semi-official fan) mascots, like the Olympics, and the cheer squad could go nuts with fantasy cosplay and create a real vibe, but TFC or 'the Magic' is the masthead logo. Green & Magic also go together. Ties into the supposed image of Tasmania, and complements events like Dark Mofo and some of the darker history. Fan discussion spaces would be called the Cauldron, the Pot, the Conjuring or something like that. You could even refer to the home ground as the 'Cauldron'. Kids would LOVE it, and I think it would bring something different to the existing nicks. As long as the kit doesn't veer too close to Port.

Last edited:
When was a shark last sighted in Tasmania? Then again, we don't have Lions or Tigers roaming this country and you don't see Bombers
Great Whites roll in sometimes i think. But yes shark free state for the most part, i just like the name i think it could be a good franchise

If they go abstract, I could definitely see the 'Magic' or something along that theme getting up. You could still maybe incorporate the Tassie Devil into that somehow, likewise an Indigenous spirit, along with the witches, wizards, the mystical thylacine, etc. sort of thing. It could be a club with a throng of (semi-official fan) mascots, like the Olympics, and the cheer squad could go nuts with fantasy cosplay, but TFC or 'the Magic' is the masthead logo. Green & Magic also go together. Ties into the supposed image of Tasmania, and complements events like Dark Mofo and some of the darker history. Fan discussion spaces would be called the Cauldron, the Pot, the Conjuring or something like that. You could even refer to the home ground as the 'Cauldron'.
Thats some good crack youre smoking

I think Bombers works well with Tullamarine, and also aviation warfare advancing quickly in the first half of that century when Essendon were still finding their history. Mosquito fleet also complements it.

Tassie Wolves.

Thylacines as besides commonly known as Tasmanian Tigers are also known as Tasmanian Wolves.

Still Tassie Tigers would make Hardwick go troppo, so could be good for the LOLs...

Back