Teaching Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm jealous of school teachers and their 12 weeks of holidays, especially their summer holidays!

Really?

I've only had 10 days off but been on the PC writing lesson and unit plans 4 of those days, plus 2 days of T&D.

I'd work up to 60 hours a week - monday to friday.

They don't monitor what we post, if that's what you mean. I would have received an infraction whist at school working in the office before, I think....

The entire site is blocked from the server.

Also apart from all the hype, school teachers have a butload of work to do, for every contact hour there would be another in prep and marking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

I've only had 10 days off but been on the PC writing lesson and unit plans 4 of those days, plus 2 days of T&D.

I'd work up to 60 hours a week - monday to friday.

Was just winding you up mate. I realise how stressful teaching is, I have a niece who is a teacher and some of the stories she tells me are pretty stressful.

Sadly, some teachers actually only do this.

Thats why there class is a shambles. Behaviour management is out of control.

I like making my lessons extremely engaging. That takes a bucket load of time to organise. Engaging lessons make teaching fun. I cant stand worksheet teachers. That would be just boring.

Was just winding you up mate. I realise how stressful teaching is, I have a niece who is a teacher and some of the stories she tells me are pretty stressful.

Actually, teaching isn't streesfull - its the bullshit that goes along with it.

Curriculum documents, contested curriculum, marking, parent teacher interviews, report cards, deal with lunch time problems.

I like making my lessons extremely engaging. That takes a bucket load of time to organise. Engaging lessons make teaching fun. I cant stand worksheet teachers. That would be just boring.

That will change.

Look, I'm not saying you will do this all the time but you just need them to sit down and shut up and work at times.

Just don't turn into a "shut up and colour" teacher.

Plus, you can not engage them every lesson - its impossible.

That will change.

Look, I'm not saying you will do this all the time but you just need them to sit down and shut up and work at times.

Just don't turn into a "shut up and colour" teacher.

Plus, you can not engage them every lesson - its impossible.

Yep, but at least if you are willing to do it, teaching will be far more enjoyable. Kids hate colouring after half way through the first sheet. Boggles my mind when relief teachers try and get them to do it all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back