HF: Knights, Burton, Edwards
F: Porplyzia, Tippett, Douglas
R: Maric, Goodwin, Thompson
Int: Griffin, Vince, Stevens, Campbell

Emerg: Gill, Otten, Jericho

Out: Reilly (knee), Gill.
In: Griffin, Campbell

I would not Suprise if Sharrod comes in for leon

I think for the first time in a long time Josh will really have to earn his spot back and with Bryan and Wood playing well its best to make sure he is 100%.

Bock will take Cloke and try and run off of him and will be supported well by Bassett and Rutten. I would expect Goldsack to do a forward defensive shut down job on Bock and force Rutten one on one with Trav and that could work well for us.
Lockyer might also play forward on Johncock (aka the human turn over). Basset will go to Medders IMO and Massie on Didak. I would not be suprised if Craig uses Symes as a Heath Shaw stopper or that job may go to a Doughty or even Massie.

The other end of the ground I see Harry have first crack at one of my favourite players in Porplyzia and will need to be right on him. Wakes may take Burton but I expect him to take Tippett which is dangerous for us as Tippett will be to strong and tall for Wakes. The other mid to small players for the crows can be a worry with Douglas, Vince, Edwards and Knights all capable to getting a goal or 2.

Mid field battle is a tough one, Thompson and Goodwin are top notch players and need to be watched and are dangerous any where near the big white sticks, Edwards, Van Berlo and Symes also are solid players week in and out for the Crows.

Should be a cracker of a contest with the Crows backs against the walls with a couple of loses in a row.
Pies up and down form all year has been a worry and needs to stop this weekend as we build towards September, and these are the games you must win to prove September dreams are still alive.

My tips pies by 9.

Very happy to see JA remain in the team.

I think he had 9/10 possessions and 5/6 marks. Not alot of the footy but most of our play went through Trav Cloke and our smalls in the F50. That meant JA was taking a tall (possibly the 3rd man up to contests) away from Medders and Daisy.

Has good hands on the lead.

Medders is the key to this game.

If he plays well, not necessarily kicking a bag, but using it intelligently as he has the last few weeks then we are nearly there.
His work on the wings and feeding into the fifty has been very important.
Of course he can't do it alone but he holds the key.

Would rather see Josh rest up and not come back too early and hurt himself even more for the finals.

Looks like Wood and Bryan were preferred this week to Josh. Let's hope that this puts a rocket up him and that he puts his head down and has a big one on Sunday.

I am very exited about Wood. He just looks so promising. Isn't it great that the Wood and Bryan combination has performed so well. Hard to believe that Fraser has to come in via the twos. Not many sides have that luxury!

Wood is a very exiting talent... And Bryan is playing the footy of his life.

Looks like Wood and Bryan were preferred this week to Josh. Let's hope that this puts a rocket up him and that he puts his head down and has a big one on Sunday.
Intriguing that Fraser has been named in the VFL team. Even more intriguing that he has been selected at Full Forward - maybe a hint as to where the coaching staff see him playing when he gets back in the one's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intriguing that Fraser has been named in the VFL team. Even more intriguing that he has been selected at Full Forward - maybe a hint as to where the coaching staff see him playing when he gets back in the one's.

hope so, id like to see him at full forward. hes pretty mobile for a big guy. probably not quick off the lead but if the ball goes to ground if he cant mark it, he can do the work to pass it off to some smaller forwards.

itd definitley help out clokey. with rus reid rocca all out of action for some time, we cant expect clokey to carry the big man stocks down forward on his own.

add josh in as the other tall with clokey and wood or bryan moving up forward at various times, itd seem a better set up.

I'd actually like to see that. Leon is one of my favourite players but maybe (from the looks of recent weeks) he could do with another week off.

i say give neon another 2/3weeks off and try and get him cherry ripe for the business end of the year

If Leon is not fit, then surely it would have made sense to rest him last week.

There is always a chance he has an injury that won't necessarily get him back to 100% with a couple more weeks off - they might just have to manage it for the remainder of the season.

Of course I'm just speculating.

Good to see the coaching staff keep the faith with Wood & Bryan - neither deserved to be dropped.

Happy with nchange. I really think this is a game for Maxwell to play foward in either a defensive role on Bock or as a foward.

Adeliade have a lot of midfielders who are very good when they go foward. Thompson, Goodwin, Edwardes, Porpleziya (sp) etc.

Goldsack is more likely to be able to run with one of these guys then maxwell.

I think Harry O to Porpleazyia.

Brown or Wakes to Tippet and the other to Stevens if he plays foward.

Goldsack could be a possible match up for Burton even

Remove this Banner Ad

Back