Universal Love Thank You Jack Riewoldt - Link To Presser In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacks Presser

Thank you doesn't quite cut it. When times were tough Jack was a beacon that provided the Richmond faithful with something to celebrate, then he was a leader as the team achieved what many thought was never going to happen not just once but 3 times.

#ThanksJR8

Last edited:

If true Saturday should see the MCG packed to the rafters

Oh No Reaction GIF by Rockstar Games

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

What a magnificent career he has had. After seeing how good Nick was, when we drafted him I was hoping he would be half as good as Nick. He far exceeded my expectations. An absolute legend of the club and game

He’s nearly matched richos career goal tally, exceeded expectations, legend!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If true, farewell Jumping Jack. What an icon for our club and the game in general. We were absolutely so lucky to have had the great Richo bring the crowds as he kicked bags of goals every week to then have Jack burst onto the scene immediately afterwards. My two favourite players of all time.

A bright light during some dark times early in his career with a couple of Coleman medals even when we were struggling, to the ultimate team player during our golden era. His contribution during the 2017 season in particular is worthy of a place in football folklore: a sole key forward surrounded by a fleet of smalls, bringing everything to ground, the knock-ons, tap-ons, tackles, high flying marks. He did it all that year.

What a career Jack. Will absolutely miss his passion for the jumper and the game, the genius footy brain, the goals & seeing the number 8 strutting to the goal square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An absolute highlight of the Richmond footy team and of footy over the last 16 years. Will be so missed by all I reckon. I remember meeting him in the training rooms when he first started around 2007. Thanks for all your passion Jack and hope to continue to see you around the club and with a statue at Punt Road. Words cannot say enough about this bloke… Absolute legend! :hearteyes:

WOW...all I can say is wow!!! First Rancey, then Shedda, next Cotch and now JR8!!!
The best of the best! My Heroes of the 2017, 2019 and 2020 GFs...going, going, gone...
Feck it feels like a member of my immediate family has just upped and left me...Ahhhh Jacky we rode the RFC Highs and Lows together...
The pack marks in the 1st Q of the 2017 GF when we needed you the most!!!...the 10 goals kicked agin GCS...the dead eye dick kicking for goal agin GWS in the 2019 GF!!! The JR8 stare after kicking a goal in a tough footy contest! The magnificent knockon to dusty for a goal when flying for a mark!
The crawling on your hands and legs up the stairs wanting to go back onto the footy ground when concussed...the ultimate competitor!...so funny!
The lead singer singing Mr Brightsides after the 2017 GF...strutting your stuff in your footy gear like you belonged in front of a rock band!
From Tassy and Dimma was right...it is always about you!!!
For me it was simply you were Mister Reliable when kicking for goal! So accurate! So straight! So clean and precise!...Ahhhh Jacky flew...

Last edited:
Jack has been at the club through the hard times and was really stoked when he got to taste the ultimate success in 2017, 2019 and 2020.
In 2017 it was Jack and the mosquito fleet. Played a sole hand as a marking forward which is a massive achievement.

Won the Michael Roach medal 11 times and about to do it for the 12th time and the 2018 Jack Dyer Medallist
Three times Coleman medal winner and 3 times All Australian

Jack one of smartest footballers going around and a champion for the club

Last edited:
Much as Cotch has been a champion of our club and led the change to see us become a dynasty team, its Jack that has created the excitement and got us off of our seats cheering. Lets face it, we appreciate a Cotch smother or tackle but that's not really football sexy.

The high flying full forwards are only as good as the players up the ground, but they are the match winning hero's. Thats why they get the big bucks.

Jack was winning Coleman's and kicking 10 in a game when we had nothing else to cheer for. His big personality wasn't to everyone's liking, but what we needed at the time.

We used to go to games knowing that him having a big match was the difference between winning and losing. He gave us something when there was not much else.

I also think his big personality complimented Cotch in driving the culture change.

We owe both so much, so i'll make sure i'm at the G on Saturday to say thanks. Hopefully I'm joined by 50,000 of my RFC family.

And now to look for the next great Tassie FF to follow Royce, Disco, Richo and Jack to legend status.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back