Toast Thank you Lions for the supporter bays on level 3

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know some people will say this doesn't warrant a thread but whilst yesterday was a bad day I thought it was fantastic that the Lions organised 2 supporter bays on Level 3 for Lions fans. I would be guessing it was probably Sam Lord organising this who does an outstanding job in our Melbourne office.

Was anyone else on here sitting up there? How could was the guy yelling out LLLLLIIIIIIOOOOONNNNSSSSSS even when we were getting flogged. i thought that guy put in more effort then most of the players yesterday.

Does anyone know who the guy yelling LLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOONNNNNNNSSSSSSSS was? I think he should get votes in the Merrett Murray Medal because he we our best performer yesterday put in a lot more then the players, was even still going in the last quarter when we were 80 points down.

It was really good that the Lions managed to organise a free reserved section for Lions members on level 3. I don't think that has ever happened before.

Although some of the thanks probably need to go to North for allowing it - I bet some of the other teams we play at Etihad won't have a bar of it (like Carlton and Essendon; in contrast the Bulldogs would probably be OK with it).

Does anyone know who the guy yelling LLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOONNNNNNNSSSSSSSS was? I think he should get votes in the Merrett Murray Medal because he we our best performer yesterday put in a lot more then the players, was even still going in the last quarter when we were 80 points down.
I think I know who it is. Easily the most vocal Lions fan in Melbourne if so.

Usually when that chant is started near the cheersquad (previous VIC games), the members from the cheersquad refuse to join in, so there's two different chants going on at once. Doesn't sound that good. Almost becomes a competition of whose chant is better.

Yeah he's been doing it for a few years now. He's their week in week out

Thanks for all the great feedback - good to hear our fans enjoyed the facility (despite the loss).

As 'Last of the Roys' mentioned, this facility is largely dependent on the home side, and what they allow us (the away side) to do. Thankfully Carlton are more than happy to accommodate in Round 6, so keep posted about where the Lions Bay will be then (hopefully Aisle 13 again).

Thanks for all the great feedback - good to hear our fans enjoyed the facility (despite the loss).

As 'Last of the Roys' mentioned, this facility is largely dependent on the home side, and what they allow us (the away side) to do. Thankfully Carlton are more than happy to accommodate in Round 6, so keep posted about where the Lions Bay will be then (hopefully Aisle 13 again).
Bet Essendon wont though

Gotta agree with everyone above well done. Couple of questions though, do the Swans or any other "interstate team" have a similar agreement? Also it may be worth noting that although there was an attendant at the entrance, she was not checking for memberships, and the area was not roped off. Can someone confirm if the area was for Lions Members or supporters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work by the club, and good to see you popping in here again.:thumbsu:

Gotta agree with everyone above well done. Couple of questions though, do the Swans or any other "interstate team" have a similar agreement? Also it may be worth noting that although there was an attendant at the entrance, she was not checking for memberships, and the area was not roped off. Can someone confirm if the area was for Lions Members or supporters?

As for as we know, last Sunday was the first time that there had been a reserved GA bay for an away team. There is usually a bay set aside on Level 1 for members to upgrade into - but the whole purpose of having it on Level 3 last week was to avoid our members having to pay any more than they need.

Hopefully we can be pioneers for this sort of thing, and it becomes a more regular occurrence.

In terms of access, while we advertise as a 'members only' bay, we'll happily accommodate any person who's wearing the maroon, blue, and gold. The more the merrier. Policing the area is an issue, however, as attendants generally aren't overly strict in checking cards, and unfortunately the Club doesn't have the resources to man the area ourselves.

Therefore, we're hoping that our members and supporters can be the gatekeepers of the area, and simply banish anyone who might rock up wearing opposition colours.

In terms of access, while we advertise as a 'members only' bay, we'll happily accommodate any person who's wearing the maroon, blue, and gold. The more the merrier. Policing the area is an issue, however, as attendants generally aren't overly strict in checking cards, and unfortunately the Club doesn't have the resources to man the area ourselves.

Therefore, we're hoping that our members and supporters can be the gatekeepers of the area, and simply banish anyone who might rock up wearing opposition colours.

Well call me The Hoff coz I wanna be on this Baywatch.

if by chance even opposistion fans come in and cause trouble best thing is not to get in a verbal battle with them but to alert a staff member.

You've got the horrible singing down pat. How do the germans feel about you?

They ******* love me when I lived in Berlin so "Ich bin ein Bayliner!"

It was really good that the Lions managed to organise a free reserved section for Lions members on level 3. I don't think that has ever happened before.

Although some of the thanks probably need to go to North for allowing it - I bet some of the other teams we play at Etihad won't have a bar of it (like Carlton and Essendon; in contrast the Bulldogs would probably be OK with it).
We let Carlton have half the broadcast wing on level 3 last season, we probably would if you guys requested it.

Just letting everyone know that I have been told by the club that bay 13 and 14 on the level 3 wing will be reserved for Lions fans against Carlton. Would be great to meet some bigfooty posters there.

Just letting everyone know that I have been told by the club that bay 13 and 14 on the level 3 wing will be reserved for Lions fans against Carlton. Would be great to meet some bigfooty posters there.
Beaut ! Late 40's,5ft 5,115kgs,lions jumper no.4,see ya then !

I know some people will say this doesn't warrant a thread but whilst yesterday was a bad day I thought it was fantastic that the Lions organised 2 supporter bays on Level 3 for Lions fans. I would be guessing it was probably Sam Lord organising this who does an outstanding job in our Melbourne office.

Was anyone else on here sitting up there? How could was the guy yelling out LLLLLIIIIIIOOOOONNNNSSSSSS even when we were getting flogged. i thought that guy put in more effort then most of the players yesterday.
He just told me to let everyone know that he'll be back next week to cheer on the boys against Carlton!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back