Autopsy Thankgod for our kicking boots Swans by 11 to keep season alive!

Remove this Banner Ad

We need Rampe to defend Campbell
"Your honour, I know he looks twelve, but young Braeden here can hit hard and if he wanted to he could've sent Whitfield into next week. Thank you for your time, we'll be at the pub awaiting your decision."

Coaches votes are in

10 Errol Gulden (SYD)
7 Hayden McLean (SYD)
6 Tom Green (GWS)
5 Jake Lloyd (SYD)
1 Lachie Ash (GWS)
1 James Rowbottom (SYD)
Probably with Horse on the left.
Gulden 5+5
McLean 4+3
Green 2+4
Lloyd 3+2
Ash 0+1
Rowbottom 1+0
Of course there are other possibilities but I reckon this is the most likely.

Just re-watching the game. At 27:06 in the broadcast, just after Toby Bedford's Nighty-Night goal, they cut to a different angle of the Campbell hit. Doesn't look nearly so good for Campbell as the other angles.

IMG_5753.jpg

Hickey was really good. It was cringe reading all the ‘Hickey is cooked’ comments during the game. He was solid from the start. Just don’t ask him to chase anybody, because that’s when it gets embarrassing.
There's no disputing that he's a very limited player at this stage in his career, but yes, he did alright. For the first time in a while we somewhat broke even in hitouts and clearances. I wouldn't want to rely on him in a big final but he can still do a job when required.

Hayden McLean - Swans Mark of the Week

Just re-watching the game. At 27:06 in the broadcast, just after Toby Bedford's Nighty-Night goal, they cut to a different angle of the Campbell hit. Doesn't look nearly so good for Campbell as the other angles.

View attachment 1767905

One argument you could run and it’s a slim one is that Whitfield’s knees buckled prior to the contact. Whitfield contributed to the high contact collision. Given Campbell is 2 inches shorter than Whitfield and it doesn’t seem that Campbell leaves the ground to collect Whitfield.

Not sure that’s the greatest argument but Dane Rampe would run with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Toby Bedford did that stupid night-night celebration and then went on to lose the game and get himself suspended for a week is just too good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back