Autopsy Thankgod for our kicking boots Swans by 11 to keep season alive!

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse I thought made a really good point about the inside 50 count at either QT or HT (can't remember). Said that it was a bit misleading because our incredible accuracy meant we couldn't get repeat entries from kick-ins like GWS were able to.

Horse I thought made a really good point about the inside 50 count at either QT or HT (can't remember). Said that it was a bit misleading because our incredible accuracy meant we couldn't get repeat entries from kick-ins like GWS were able to.

Ahh s**t bad news.

The MRP saw this post and have given you a week.

Seems an innocuous football contest that happens all game. Whitfield played out the game so low impact. However it’s the AFL tribunal so it’s a lottery.
I saw the Video. How is that worthy of a ban?

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why did Campbell need to do that? He wasn't bracing or anything. They weren't even going to collide. It was stupid. A week for that doesn't shock me. It was late and deliberate. It's kinda pathetic to see you all defending it. We'd be up in arms if it was an opposition player.

All I see is Campbell bracing for Whitfield to make contact with him and its given as rough conduct. I don't get it.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Are you talking about the video I posted or a different source ?

I see it differently from the angle I was watching

Interesting

How can you grade Daniel's the same a Campbell and be taken seriously. Christian is a complete and utter * wit and lets his Collingwood background cloud his senile mind. Campbell's feet are actually planted and Whitfield takes a final step to collide with him. Challenge it, win the case and sue Christian for workplace harassment for continually targeting players who have done nothing wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did Campbell need to do that? He wasn't bracing or anything. They weren't even going to collide. It was stupid and ridiculous. A week for that doesn't shock me. It was late and it was deliberate. It's kinda pathetic you're all defending it.
Might want to watch the side on vision. Clearly shows Campbell settle on both feet while Whitfield continues to move towards him. You have some interesting takes on things at times.

Yep. Bedford's wasn't too bad but Daniels' was almost as nasty as the one that got Nankervis three.
How good are the umps? Bedford got the free for HTB!
Similar to the Carlton mess, where Parker got a week, Walsh got off and they also got a free kick for their troubles.

Really bewilders me

Odd take from a few on here, similar to those that thought Rampe deserved a suspension for his “collision” with the Dogs player, thankfully he was vindicated.

Again I don’t get why that’s a week and why anyone (especially our supporters) think a week is fair.

Let’s appeal again and get off.

You can forget First Crack - they only mention our tagging job on Sam Taylor a call out on the 11 straight and that's it. All of 2 mins if that.

I don't really know what to make of the Campbell case, I think I'm gonna sound like a dumb and uneducated idiot here but here goes.

I just feel like when you read these tribunal hearings and you see them arguing over if this bloke raised his shoulders one or two inches or lowered his knees one or two millimetres or turned his body one or two degrees... it kinda demonstrates just how absurd most of these suspensions are. Players don't have the capacity to consider inches or millimetres or degrees when they are playing footy.

The pursuit of protecting the head in footy feels like a fool's errand because it's dependent on an in-contest awareness that I'm actually not convinced is humanly possible to have in the game of footy.

Having said that... rewatching the Campbell incident, I think what works against him is that it was so late. Players are getting suspended for tackles that need to be laid, or for body contact that is inevitable. There's nothing inevitable about clobbering someone off the ball. It didn't need to happen, it wasn't necessary, and so there's probably an argument there as to what Campbell's intent was.

Having said THAT... I just can't reconcile that Campbell would intentionally try to clobber someone. Nothing about him on the field or off the field screams aggression or malicious intent like that.

So, I dunno. Just thinking out loud here.

Odd take from a few on here, similar to those that thought Rampe deserved a suspension for his “collision” with the Dogs player, thankfully he was vindicated.

Again I don’t get why that’s a week and why anyone (especially our supporters) think a week is fair.

Let’s appeal again and get off.
The GWS player kicks the ball and Campbell, who was jogging up, THEN launches himself directly at the player with his arms out at head height. Catches the player on the head with his arm. It's a dangerous and completely unnecessary act. He wasn't bracing for impact like Rampe was. He wilfully initiated the impact long after the ball had gone. It's a brain fade from Campbell. Really dumb.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back