Autopsy Thankgod for our kicking boots Swans by 11 to keep season alive!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you could say at least those three are professional callers, weather you like them or not.

that's not any kind of argument
they all get paid to do it, so technically they're all "professionals"
and if you're extending the definition of "professional" to include "competent", you can stick brian fckng taylor ... he's wilfully incompetent in so many ways

Can't complain beating a team that had won 7 in a row prior to last night. Our accuracy in front of goal in the first half gave us a nice advantage for when the rain started bucketing down after HT. Think GWS probably had the better of general play I have to say.

Gulden was sensational.

Florent probably had the worst performance of his career, but turned it around a bit after HT.

Hickey looks shot.

McLean was phenomenal at times. Amartey not sighted after a promising start.

Rowbottom was important in the middle, but he really, really needs to work on his composure.
Hickey looks shot , maybe OPSM or Specsavers need a visit

That's
that's not any kind of argument
they all get paid to do it, so technically they're all "professionals"
and if you're extending the definition of "professional" to include "competent", you can stick brian fckng taylor ... he's wilfully incompetent in so many ways
You're a Kelly Underwood fan, and that's ok!

That's
You're a Kelly Underwood fan, and that's ok!

nope, i'm not ... i really don't like most afl commentators
it's a "familiarity breeds contempt" thing
i just don't understand anyone defending the likes of taylor, brayshaw, et al, or at least holding them up as some kind of benchmark (unless it's a benchmark for annoying loudmouth bollocks)

Actually looked like a throw to me, even on replay, but I'll take the six points.

ha, that's what i thought ... like he was about to hold the mark (because he did seem to have control of it), then in that split second saw the opportunity to "knock" to wicks ...there was just enough of a moment to make it looked like a throw, rather than a tap
but i prefer to focus on how damn smart it made mcdonald look, to sum something up so quickly and adjust his play

Actually looked like a throw to me, even on replay, but I'll take the six points.
To me it didn't look like he controlled the ball enough to qualify as anything - a throw, a disposal or a one-percenter. But his eyes were set on Wicks and he knew exactly where he was putting that ball.

19, 332 how many were from those rats
Quite a few actually. Though I could believe Swans fans nearly outnumbered them. It was a great vibe there. Competitive without being Collingwood levels of dickheadery.

Quite a few fans in orange actually seemed to understand footy.

This is McLean's day.
aab8aaae6383a673aad1a521f28db353.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current 5th-9th should all drop at least a game. We're only two points off 5th currently

All of them play one of the others at some point in next three rounds
I feel we'd finish 6th if we were to win all remaining games. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Win next week first.
However, if St.Kilda beat Carlton today, we will need to win all three to make it. That draw against Geelong in a game we should have won by 5 goals+ is really going to come back to haunt us.

Who knew the Swans could actually kick straight?
Great to get the win over the part time Sydney, part time Canberra side.
Errol has to be a lay down misere for AA selection , Only 21yrs old...memo to the club, whatever it takes to make him a Swan for life DO IT!!!!
Fox did a great job keeping Greene relatively in check , now if only the Umps pinged Greene for dissent on multiple occasions.
Ruck Jesus did well holding his own in the ruck battle , and special mention for Will in a bit of a coaching masterstroke , playing as a virtual tagger on Sam Taylor , opening up the forward line just enough for the likes of Amartey and Wicks to capitalise.

I feel we'd finish 6th if we were to win all remaining games. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Win next week first.
However, if St.Kilda beat Carlton today, we will need to win all three to make it. That draw against Geelong in a game we should have won by 5 goals+ is really going to come back to haunt us.
Does it matter ? Are we entertaining the possibility of winning 11 straight ?

finals to me is irrelevant. But I like that the team has given up, is trying to win every match and we are beginning to see what a post buddy team looks like in a comp that is increasingly evening itself out.

Florent was also back to his brain fart best early but he turned his game around late thankfully.

His decision making just seems a touch off but also when he backs himself it sometimes pays off. His game can be love hate when supporting.
Seemed to be targeted by Giants defensive forwards too

My doc is a good bloke - just keeps feeding me the strongest blood pressure pills and beta blockers. Downside is fluid retention. Have to drain out every now and again.
Mate I'm supernaturally calm.
Bought myself a new garmin watch this week, one that measures heart rate, etc and gives you messages. I wore it at my local footy match yesterday where we needed to beat the 2nd top team in order to avoid relegation but at one stage it messaged me to tell me i need to relax as my stress rate was too high.
Not wearing that watch to the footy again.

And we won and stay in Div 1 next season

yeah, i don't have any particular problem
there's far worse ... taylor, brayshaw, mclachlan and russell are all way higher on the "nails down blackboard" scale
brereton is just so full of himself and/or shite
underwood has years of spouting inane bollocks to even get close
Yeah agree.

I dunno, it might be AFL culture down in Melbourne, or channel 7, or just the tempo of AFL resulting in a different commentating style, but I find AFL commentators more aggravating than just about any sport. You can really tell if you switch between a swans game and an NRL game or the cricket what the difference is like.

Yeah agree.

I dunno, it might be AFL culture down in Melbourne, or channel 7, or just the tempo of AFL resulting in a different commentating style, but I find AFL commentators more aggravating than just about any sport. You can really tell if you switch between a swans game and an NRL game or the cricket what the difference is like.

yeah, for sure
i grew right out of interest in rugby league, having grown up in a league/union household
but the nrl commentators generally seem far easier to cop
and brenton speed, the only afl caller i actually like (and who i regard one of the best in any sport), no longer seems to get games
i'd be interested to know if any victorians have heard race caller matt hill doing football (i beleieve he might be doing some SEN games)
he's an outstanding race caller

McDonald is the best tall we have below the knees so I was shocked he was subbed.

Only thing I can think of was knowing how stoppage heavy it was going to be have 2 back ups for Hickey was prefered. Cause Amartey had another non-existent 2nd half
I think Amartey spent a reasonable amount of time in the ruck in the second half, which allowed Maclean to stay up forward. I'm guessing that Mcdonald was subbed because he doesn't ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back