Training The 2017 Pre Season (thread closed - the 2017 H & A season is here!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really interesting one, if Elliott is back to full fitness and and WHE and Broomy perform to the expected standard than I suppose we do have the luxury of playing Fas down back, from memory he played the role quite well offensively last time.

I don't think we do have the luxury to play Fas back. Our forward line isn't that good we can move our most effective forward out of that position.

I would have thought Alex Fasolo is allowed to train for some back line work, can't hurt him, learning and practicing defensive aspects. He did it a few seasons ago.
Does not necessarily mean he is going to be glued or nailed to the back area.

Just because he has spent a training session down back doesn't mean it's a permanent thing, I'd almost garantee he is in the forward line come round 1.
Spending a session or two down back is go of for his defensive development

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-16/forgotten-magpies-prominent-in-match-practice-outing

COLLINGWOOD pair Jamie Elliott and Alex Fasolo were among the notable players to appear in the club's match simulation at the Holden Centre on Monday morning.

Elliott, 24, missed all of last season after dealing with a troublesome back injury that required surgery.

Elliott covered the ground well in a game that spanned three terms on a warm day in Melbourne.

Largely used as a forward in 2016, Fasolo spent a lot of time in defence during the training session.

It is not a part of the ground unfamiliar to the exciting goalkicker – he spent a large portion of 2014 as a backman.

482876-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

So Monday is the Best Day to go to Training Then. As that is the Day they have there Big Match Simulation

So if we were to move Fasolo down back I assume he would be taking over Adams role back there? I can definitely see the merit in it but I just don't like the idea of taking Fas out of the forward line.

Our Leading Goal Kicker goes to the Backline - WTF???

I think it's good that Fas spent some time during training down back. I hope that Broomy, Jesse White and other forwards do too. It increases flexibility and helps them learn from another angle how we are trying to move the ball forward.

At the same time, I hope that some of our backs train a little up forward too. Helps them learn our forwards leading patterns and when and where to best put the ball to our teams advantage.

I think it's good that Fas spent some time during training down back. I hope that Broomy, Jesse White and other forwards do too. It increases flexibility and helps them learn from another angle how we are trying to move the ball forward.

At the same time, I hope that some of our backs train a little up forward too. Helps them learn our forwards leading patterns and when and where to best put the ball to our teams advantage.

Didn't Fas play down back I think in his 2nd Season as was Terrible down back?

No he wasn't. He was learning and did some good things given his experience and lack of preseason that year. He then got injured and missed the continuity of the backline and moved back up forward when he returned.

No he wasn't. He was learning and did some good things given his experience and lack of preseason that year. He then got injured and missed the continuity of the backline and moved back up forward when he returned.
He played a really good game against North down back. He was very offensively good but from memory his concentration wasn't always what it needed to be for a defender?

Plus it may have just been a way to teach forwards how we are going to defend. Or perhaps fasolo's role is to be part of an extra midfielder, or maybe he was spending some time as an onballer?

Point is that there is no need to jump to conclusions that he will be playing as a permanent backman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played a really good game against North down back. He was very offensively good but from memory his concentration wasn't always what it needed to be for a defender?

and His is a Natural Forward

I would have thought Alex Fasolo is allowed to train for some back line work, can't hurt him, learning and practicing defensive aspects. He did it a few seasons ago.
Does not necessarily mean he is going to be glued or nailed to the back area.
Nup, it's all over now. Between Fasolo playing back for one training session and Jong touring the centre last year, I am done with this club.

Pretty sure Maxie gave him a big rev-up one game because of this.

Ok guys can we please stop with the spelling corrections?
There is no need to be so pedantic.
Many people post on their phones where it's easy to hit the wrong key.
Unless their meaning needs clarification there is no need to comment. It only promotes the snark that we are all so tired of:rolleyes:

fyi Vicky Park 76woodenspooners Gone Critical Anzacday

I like that Fasolo has additional skills that can can be deployed during game situations, not just a one trick player.

He is a natural forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back