Training The 2017 Pre Season (thread closed - the 2017 H & A season is here!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a surprise for me to see Fasolo training in the defense. I did raise the prospect of trading Fasolo in the off season because I didn't see a spot for him with a fit Elliot. Interesting times ahead.

Could say why did we Trade for WHE and Draft Daicos and Brown as they play Simmental Roles. Especially WHE

My guess would be given he's had post season shoulder surgery they're just protecting him by playing him behind the ball. But let's sack all the coaches now just in case I'm wrong just to be safe. Ffs

That's not what it was. If he isn't ready for match simulation he wouldn't have been out there. You can't "protect" players that aren't right to go. I agree with your last point though you're just 4 months too late ;)

Look I think you're wrong trading Fasolo last year would have been a bad call given our other senior departures, but I don't think you're much more wrong than most others to comment since yesterday evening.

A couple of points it was match simulation not a training session what its designed for is to bring together the training sessions of the past few months. If we're using it properly Fasolo will spending more time further up the field in 2017 as a minimum.

The second is the "well you can't throw our leading goalkicker down back rabble rabble rabble" of course you can! Analyse his 2016 and its clear that he still lacks consistency with 14 of his 25 goals coming from three matches against weak opposition (Carlton, Essendon and Richmond). He's a lock to be best 22, but if he can offer something different down back with the recruitment of Mayne, WHE and Wells who can all play within 70 metres of goal this role change could be on the cards. It isn't locked in because the Collingwood coaching staff change their minds on strategy as often as the Kardashian's change clothes, but I would keep an open mind.
Interesting points.
Who is Kardashian? Not heard of him

Well said.
Imagine the shock if a side like the Hawks decided to play Breust, Roughead, Rioli etc in the midfield instead up the forward line.
Or heaven forbid take Burgoyne/Hodge/Mitchell from the midfield to half back.
I don't think their BF board would cope:rolleyes:
Apparantly Hawthorn are taking Mitchell and Lewis out of their midfield and side....

Then again they are being replaced by Mitchell and Lewis I think....

;)

Well said.
Imagine the shock if a side like the Hawks decided to play Breust, Roughead, Rioli etc in the midfield instead up the forward line.
Or heaven forbid take Burgoyne/Hodge/Mitchell from the midfield to half back.
I don't think their BF board would cope:rolleyes:
So the mods ask people to cut out the snark, and you come out with this kind of snide swipe at posters who have different opinions?

Clap, clap, clap.

So the mods ask people to cut out the snark, and you come out with this kind of snide swipe at posters who have different opinions?

Clap, clap, clap.
It was a sarcastic post but it was also making a valid point. Sarcasm doesn't equate to a "snide swipe" or snark. It also was not directed at any poster in particular so I don't see what you are objecting to. Are you saying mods can't use sarcasm or make anything but the blandest posts in case they offend someone?.

The annual intraclub match at the Holden Centre is set down for Wednesday 8 February, 6.30pm start.

Its a great night, festive atmosphere, and the Pies cant lose this one.:rolleyes:

See the CFC website.

Hopefully will go but depends IF I can get someone to go home with afterwards

The annual intraclub match at the Holden Centre is set down for Wednesday 8 February, 6.30pm start.

Its a great night, festive atmosphere, and the Pies cant lose this one.:rolleyes:

See the CFC website.

A Wednesday night... obviously done to cater to the country folk who might like to attend.

See the CFC website.
Im loving your new avatar.
Real hope in it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a sarcastic post but it was also making a valid point. Sarcasm doesn't equate to a "snide swipe" or snark. It also was not directed at any poster in particular so I don't see what you are objecting to. Are you saying mods can't use sarcasm or make anything but the blandest posts in case they offend someone?.
It was snide to me.
As for the mods' stuff, I would've thought it was self-explanatory.

See the CFC website.

Do you reckon they'll stream it?

lukem

Clap, clap, clap.

It was snide to me.
As for the mods' stuff, I would've thought it was self-explanatory.
Firstly, thanks for your support Doodles - the cheque's in the mail;)
Hardas, I don't use the word snark and in fact don't like it nor really know what it means.
My guess, (based on previous posts about it from my fellow mods) is personal attacks and angst.
I don't believe my post constituted either of those.
Your reference to mods almost implied we are somewhat of a higher being, which of course we are not.
We are therefore prone to mistakes and open to scrutiny; which your post is an example of.
I rarely denigrate an individual, (may have been guilty re TG in my early days as a poster) and again my post didn't do that.
I chose the sarcasm route instead of the parent/child route to highlight what I thought was a complete over-reaction to a pre-season training session.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Unfortunately our first JLT Community Series match (that's a mouthful) is on the following Thursday, that more or less means we can't play on the weekend.

Appreciate that, preceding Friday night would have been preferred. Would certainly ensure I got along to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back