The AFL captains in draft order

Remove this Banner Ad

Take it to the Bay mate, this board's for serious discussion.

That was serious. What has Hodge done to elevate himself above the following as a player or a leader: Goodes, Pavlich, Ablett, Judd, Reiwoldt?

All have been better players and leaders than Hodge. Hodge is still a gun though.

Some people have extremely biased memories.. Hodge is an excellent leader, don't let your hatred of hawthorn overcome common sense.

Couldn't give a stuff about Hawthorn. Certainly no hatred. Hodge just isn't as good as a lot of the other captains.

1. Pavlich - True Champion of the game, great leader
2. Judd
3. Boyd
4. Watson
5. Newman

All the rest are ok except for
Riewoldt, who is a hack
Maxwell, barely gets a game besides the fact hes captain
Glass, is a cheat

How is Glass a cheat. Holds on less than the full back of the century used too.
Moronic statement.

Matthew Boyd simply does hurt the opposition enough with his disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge is that forgotten footballer and captain. Ablett is still number one for mine, very hard to evaluate the list on a specific ranking for each player, whether it's based on footballing ability or captaining ability. A massive laugh for the poster who placed Hodge at number one.

Hodge hasn't even played enough games to be a worthwhile captain, lol if you think he deserves to be ranked with some of the best players/captains in the AFL.

Didn't the Hawks come out and say Hodge wasn't that good a captain? He performed some inspirational feats of strengths on the field but was a poor leader. They regretted elevating him over Mitchell.

1. Gary Ablett Jnr
2. Adam Goodes
3. Chris Judd
4. Nick Riewoldt
5. Jonothan Brown
6. Joel Selwood
7. Matthew Pavlich
8. Luke Power
9. Jobe Watson
10. Matthew Boyd
11. Darren Glass
12. Andrew Swallow
13. Chris Newman
14. Domenic Cassisi
15. Nathan van Berlo
16. Callan Ward
17. Jack Trengove
18. Nick Maxwell
19. Jack Grimes
20. Phil Davis
21. Luke Hodge
I think that's a fairly accurate list, however Newman ahead of Maxwell and by that far? Also as funny as it is I still think Hodge is ahead of the bottom, starting at 13.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back